Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Academy [v0.1.2] [CastleStudios]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I'm a big fan of the Persona franchise and am basing my game on it :)
This is actually very nice to know. The Persona games and the Shin Megami Tensei games in general are fantastic. Although SMT is quite different than the school life heavy settings of Persona lol. Great stuff nonetheless.

Reactions: AlexCastle

mroczny

Jan 11, 2020
Overall nice start. I don't understand the weight though. There's a 2s movie which is over 200MB. That's a 4k Blu-ray bitrate.

• Red Heart

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Someone needs to set up a go fund me, jaundice is a very serious problem.

screenshot0001.png

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I was honestly expecting a lot more content given the size of the download, so I was rather surprised when I suddenly reached the end.

Dont know why this render gives me a vibe of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 or Umemaro Omega movie
The pose somewhat reminded me of L from Death Note.

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Why does this game have so many unnecessary mouse clicks to advance dialogue and images? The transitions from one image or scene to another require an additional mouse click. So you have a black screen, or the dialogue box disappears for one mouse click while keeping the same image, and requires another mouse click to advance the transition to the next image, scene, or worse yet, next line of dialogue. It's so unnecessary. The dev really needs to familiarize themselves with coding transitions and a few other basic coding statements. There's far too many unnecessary mouse clicks required that could easily be solved with using the correct statements (like the with statement, among others).

Edit: the issue gets slightly better once the MC goes to the convenience store to get wine for the first family diner, but still remains, it's just less frequent.

2nd Edit: the transitions do get better as the game progresses. There's a noticeable improvement after the first volleyball scene. The first few scenes are still rough, but it does get better.

Last edited:

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
Why does this game have so many unnecessary mouse clicks to advance dialogue and images. The transitions from one image or scene to another require an additional mouse click. So you have a black screen, or the dialogue box disappears for one mouse click while keeping the same image, and requires another mouse click to advance the transition to the next image, scene, or worse yet, next line of dialogue. It's so unnecessary. The dev really needs to familiarize themselves with coding transitions and a few other basic coding statements. There's far too many unnecessary mouse clicks required that could easily be solved with using the correct statements (like the with statement, among others).
Thank you for your comment. I'll try to improve in that, since is my first game, coding is my weakest point, but i'll do my best to improve! :)

Reactions: EJW and Moisan4

Futabanari

Nov 20, 2021
i picked makoto underwear but game sais i need to find it... and this bug never end started game 4 times already...

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes