Ren'Py Abandoned Lovemania's Playground [v0.3] [CatNip23]

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
Android port please
I'm working on to make the next update have a mobile port. I'll have to adapt some things (since you can't hover on mobile you'd have to tap everywhere to find where to go), but I'm pretty sure the next update will contemplate Android and will be out soon.
Thanks for the interest.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
*Checks third preview pic*

:sneaky: Still would, tho. I like unconventionally attractive women. Not all of them need to be models. And she looks like she has a bangin body.

Looking forward to the android port.

Blu

May 15, 2017

:sneaky: Still would, tho. I like unconventionally attractive women. Not all of them need to be models. And she looks like she has a bangin body.

agreeed eveerytone wants a barbie on here...

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
The game looks interesting but I was wondering if there will be repeatable xxx events or will everything be put into a gallery and how often will the updates will be fore this game ?

Last edited:

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020

I made sure she has great body, haha.

agreeed eveerytone wants a barbie on here...
Yeah, but there will be barbies for those who like it *cof* *cof* Jessica *cof* *cof*.

The game looks interesting but I was wondering if there will be repeatable xxx events or will everything be put into a gallery and how often will the updates will be fore this game ?
That depends. I am working on a gallery but some events will be repeatable depending on the character (e.g. Abby will always gives you a bj but if you had a lewd scene with a character that later regrets it you will not be able to repeat it, but will be able to see it in the gallery)
About the updates that's a hard question, since things can change, but I can talk about the next one. The script is ready, it's medium size (4.6 thousand words). I'm working on the code right now, about 60% completed. And then comes the art. That is the hardest one to pinpoint since I'm trying now new techniques to improve the quality (I'll try to render in 4K and reduce the images to 1920x1080, let's see if that works...)
So I'm think the next update will come somewhere in the next 2 weeks, but that that with a grain of salt.
Thanks for showing interest.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Sorry, just can't stand the MC. Played so many games with that exact type of character, and I can't stand any of them. I wish you nothing but success on your project, it's just not for me.

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
I'm trying now new techniques to improve the quality (I'll try to render in 4K and reduce the images to 1920x1080, let's see if that works...)
It won't work. You're using Iray. If you're trying to avoid noise, a simple "fix" is to increase iterations rather than resolution. You can try other tricks that won't increase render times, like amping up the light to avoid dark areas (but keep the shadows!), and simplifying materials. But in the end, just more iterations is usually the way to go.

But noise isn't even the problem in your renders. It's hard to do realistic renders with crappy assets and extravagant poses+expressions. Look for quality assets and try to mute the characters' emotions.

A big problem are the backgrounds - people just import a crappy env and use it to render and it always ends up looking like shit. Unless you have photo quality assets, which, let's be honest, almost no one here does - you're better off using photo backgrounds. Yes, it takes time and skill to prepare those, and fit the perspective+light. But if you know what you're doing, the results will look better than 95% of what you find here.

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
It won't work. You're using Iray. If you're trying to avoid noise, a simple "fix" is to increase iterations rather than resolution. You can try other tricks that won't increase render times, like amping up the light to avoid dark areas (but keep the shadows!), and simplifying materials. But in the end, just more iterations is usually the way to go.

But noise isn't even the problem in your renders. It's hard to do realistic renders with crappy assets and extravagant poses+expressions. Look for quality assets and try to mute the characters' emotions.

A big problem are the backgrounds - people just import a crappy env and use it to render and it always ends up looking like shit. Unless you have photo quality assets, which, let's be honest, almost no one here does - you're better off using photo backgrounds. Yes, it takes time and skill to prepare those, and fit the perspective+light. But if you know what you're doing, the results will look better than 95% of what you find here.
I found out that one of the problems are indeed the materials. I fiddled around and I think that I may have found a solution. Light is very tricky to get right without losing shadows or obliterating the textures.

You are correct about the backgrounds still being crappy, but I still have my reservation about using photo backgrounds because, at least to me, it usually falls into some "uncanny valley" of sorts, with a photo real background and a not photo real character. I'm looking for the possibilities, like the things you said and using depth of field. This will be my next main focus.

But I think that I'm making progress, This image is a lot better than the ones in the game and didnt use any post-work.

WR1 2020_05_22.png
So slow but surelly, I'm improving.
Thanks for your insight.

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
I still have my reservation about using photo backgrounds because, at least to me, it usually falls into some "uncanny valley" of sorts, with a photo real background and a not photo real character.
Yeah, the characters certainly can look out of place if it's done ineptly. But match color, perspective, light and picture quality and the results are better than almost anything you can render.

But it's a lot of work. And the amount of content matters more than quality anyway.

And people are so used to shitty renders, no one cares anymore.

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
Yeah, the characters certainly can look out of place if it's done ineptly. But match color, perspective, light and picture quality and the results are better than almost anything you can render.

But it's a lot of work. And the amount of content matters more than quality anyway.

And people are so used to shitty renders, no one cares anymore.
Do you have any examples of where it was done well? I can't say that I have ever seen it and doesn't feel weird.

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
It's not that common as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure many people here have more practical knowledge of what's around (I don't play much). And it would be hubris to use my work as a good example, doubly so as I also consider it just serviceable.

But a nice example I saw just recently is from Halfway House :

Though it looks like that game uses normal 3D BGs for interiors, and while the overall rendering quality is fine, it's still noticeable. That's not a critique of the game - as I said, in this domain it's quantity over quality, and most people probably don't look at the backgrounds anyway.

Jul 21, 2018

The background is good, i see no problems in the history. But i think you might be rushing things a little bit. I really appreciate games where the development of the lewd shit is slow and well constructed. An example, in the first night in the house, a girl already sleeps with MC and feels his boner. I know its early, and you want to make money fast, and the easiest way to do that, is simply fast things up and fill the game with non sense scenes of sex. But i see no future in this.

Its just an opinion, maybe slow the dev and put a lot of time thinking in the development of the characters, history, scenarios... Also, the race shit is kinda of useless. The graphics are ok.. but could be better.

Peace. (y)

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
It's not that common as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure many people here have more practical knowledge of what's around (I don't play much). And it would be hubris to use my work as a good example, doubly so as I also consider it just serviceable.

But a nice example I saw just recently is from Halfway House :

Though it looks like that game uses normal 3D BGs for interiors, and while the overall rendering quality is fine, it's still noticeable. That's not a critique of the game - as I said, in this domain it's quantity over quality, and most people probably don't look at the backgrounds anyway.
It looks great, but Beyond my level of skill I believe, but I'll take this into consideration. Thanks.

The background is good, i see no problems in the history. But i think you might be rushing things a little bit. I really appreciate games where the development of the lewd shit is slow and well constructed. An example, in the first night in the house, a girl already sleeps with MC and feels his boner. I know its early, and you want to make money fast, and the easiest way to do that, is simply fast things up and fill the game with non sense scenes of sex. But i see no future in this.

Its just an opinion, maybe slow the dev and put a lot of time thinking in the development of the characters, history, scenarios... Also, the race shit is kinda of useless. The graphics are ok.. but could be better.

Peace. (y)
I kinda agree with this. After finishing the scrip an starting the renders for the next part I made the hard decision of removing one lewd scene from a character that didn't appear in v0.01. It just didn't feel organic and I hope people don't feel mad. As I said before, the Abby character will serve this purpose (at least until I develop her story), so when the plot do not get any lewd scene you will get one from her, since she's a hooker, it shouldn't shatter you suspension of disbelief.
Thanks for your insight.

I'm posting extra content and progress reports on Patreon (on public posts), so if anyone wants some news, it's there.

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
I havent tried the game yes but was reading the comment and came arround this picture so i just have to ask since its kinda important to me if i play a game or not.
Is the child behing the woman the MC?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: CatNip23

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
I havent tried the game yes but was reading the comment and came arround this picture so i just have to ask since its kinda important to me if i play a game or not.
Is the child behing the woman the MC?
Yes that is the MC, but he's not a child.
Did you find him too young or anything else wrong with him?
Edit: Also there's an update coming sunday, so If you are interested just wait a little until then.

Reactions: Eayz3n

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
That 4th picture makes me think that she's a dude just by looking at that chin and face of theirs. I think I'll pass for now till I can see more screenshots of other girls if there are anymore as none of the ones I see right now make me want to play the game.

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
i'll just ask...
any plans for "incest" "futa"?
About incest, that will really depend on the player, since you are the one who decides you relation to the other characters (You have that option in the beginning), I used the term "Landlady" but you can use anything (remembering that the MC mother will appear in the game), and with Patreon's TOS I can't use incest.
About futa, there may be plans for it but I don't want to spoil anything. Also, if there's futa content you will have the option to skip it, which will change the course of the plot.
Thanks for showing interest!