Ren'Py Abandoned Lucid Dream Remake 2 [v0.6A] [Hendrex]

2.10 star(s) 13 Votes

secrecy

May 1, 2017
Never checked this game, enough with reading the "plot", you know never will go anywhere. Developers with that level of Engrish never pass the "peeking at the bath-sneaking at bedroom-come with me to purchase a new bathsuit" level.

But lol, this is a new level of emptiness. "Remake 2" brought me here like a ZAZ movie. Just a parody of 90% of the games out there.

Expecting an Illusion new remake in the near future closing the circle.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
For some reason I really like this one. But if the dev thought sandbox mode would make his game any better, he was wrong.

Dev, if you can read this: I will become a patreon if you return to VN mode and leave the sandbox mode. It's not the right choice for this game.
Great, now he'll make a remake 3 version.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
I am really thinking to become his patron to only comment on his last post that he made the biggest mistake he could to try to save this game...
Dont know if it's the same thing that everybody tells you that girl is a bitch but you still stay with her until you yourself realize she is really bitch...

Reactions: Fzoner95

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
because this game is not growing and I'm trying to gain more audience. So maybe I can finally reach my goal and maybe make some profit of this game.
And there we see the exact wrong mindset to have. Don't make the game to be "profitable" create the game because you find it fun to do so, no matter how money you do or do not earn from it.
I have legit spent $25000 or something along those lines on various Daz assets, storyline programs and various stuff I need for the game I currently fooling around with myself, and I have not even released a single render from it. Not even sure I ever will. I am just doing it, because I find it fun. I see it as a hobby, not something to be done for the sole purpose of earning money from it.

perseus420

Jun 18, 2017
A VN where the Mother is taking advantage of the MC, instead of the usual other way around... NICE

A VN remade twice before getting past the prologue phase (in my opinion anyway), and the last remake is sandbox style... WTF

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Steppen Wolf

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
I appricate that someone is still trying to remake this game with updated stuff, but seeing the comments and the new sandbox tag makes me ultra cringe. I won't bash someones work since they had to put at least some time into the idea, but I do hope they take the response to heart and pivot back to VN style and just focus on the updated visuals.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
i had this game for a while on my watchlist, but now after another remake i'll pass on this :rolleyes:

Mar 28, 2018
I like this game and it has lots of potential ... but another remake!! and as a sandbox!! merely to increase the devs income seems like a kiss of death to me... RIP
Edit: on a more pedantic note: How can a person that is not the originator continue the story beyond the point at which it was abandoned? Re-interpretation (rather than remake) of the work would provide a better description.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildbill5150

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
To those of you complaining i have two arguments.

1. they have fuck all patrons....
2. the game isn't behind a paywall...

So what do you expect?
There is no monetary incentive, they been doing this for 3 years, and only have 11 patrons.... So the fact they are still going shows they aren't in it for the money. Cause those that are would have given up in under 6 months.

The only benefit this dev gets from putting more time and effort into this, is for their own desire to see it finished. Most certainly isn't money.

O and as for the sandbox thing... who cares... not that big a deal.

edit: they do desire to make a profit and have been putting effort into doing so (evidence below), however I do doubt that money would be the primary motive... cause well hasn't made much at all in 3 years.

1598771402663.png

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
so this is not the same? LucidDreamRemake v0.4b-win
why are they using same image? it is confusing

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
so this is not the same? LucidDreamRemake v0.4b-win
why are they using same image? it is confusing
Remake 2, is the original but with sandbox and animations. 0.5 is still coming. remake 2 is basically what the game will eventually be. If my understanding is correct.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
oO so u made the game, the remake 1 and now the remake 2 ... when we can expect remake 3 ? i mean new content we wont need, if go up till remake 99 ......

2.10 star(s) 13 Votes