Ren'Py Abandoned Lucid Dream Remake 2 [v0.6A] [Hendrex]

2.10 star(s) 13 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I'm confused.. why would he release patch 0.5 of a game he's developing a remake off? Is he developing the same game twice, like the old remake and this new one? Will 0.5 come out and after that he's gonna focus on this new remake and abandon the 0.5 series or..what? Sorry if i sound stupid but i'm really confused.
Ok, let me put it this way. Remake 2, is basically Remake 1+, i.e. they are the same, just that remake 2 is sandbox and has added animations, and I assume by the fact it is sandbox, it will probbaly have added content throughout the story that remake 1 does not, as time goes on.

So remake 1 isn't getting ditched or anything per say, just that the final build for this game will be in the remake 2 format with remake 1 story.

i.e. they are both builds of the same game, one will just have more.

So really it is more of a remaster than it is a remake.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
To those of you complaining i have two arguments.

1. they have fuck all patrons....
2. the game isn't behind a paywall...

So what do you expect?
There is no monetary incentive, they been doing this for 3 years, and only have 11 patrons.... So the fact they are still going shows they aren't in it for the money. Cause those that are would have given up in under 6 months.

The only benefit this dev gets from putting more time and effort into this, is for their own desire to see it finished. Most certainly isn't money.

O and as for the sandbox thing... who cares... not that big a deal.
I am not sure if you cannot read, you are blind follower or you havent read at all what dev posted. I'll just leave it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: andrew david irving

Rizlim

Aug 6, 2017
kinda ironic given the games in your signature :p
Milfy City and Being a DIK both started out as sandbox games, which is fine if done right. Lucid Dream was changed into one mid development, there's a difference.

Good luck to the dev, I guess. Maybe you'll find what you really wanna create one day.

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
WTF I get tons of images not shown....and it ends at last save.........compressed version not workng? 1 d/load said 100kb other says 75kb..........neither are showing images.......ends same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoiCowboy

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
To those of you complaining i have two arguments.

1. they have fuck all patrons....
2. the game isn't behind a paywall...

So what do you expect?
There is no monetary incentive, they been doing this for 3 years, and only have 11 patrons.... So the fact they are still going shows they aren't in it for the money. Cause those that are would have given up in under 6 months.

The only benefit this dev gets from putting more time and effort into this, is for their own desire to see it finished. Most certainly isn't money.

O and as for the sandbox thing... who cares... not that big a deal.
As shown above he wrote on his patreon that he tries gain more audience to make a profit.
I'd agree he is doing it in a strange way, I can't remember anyone ever saying that they wish a VN was converted to sandbox.
At this point 50% of the players have no idea what they are doing with the game(s).
Are they making two remakes simultaneously of a game that was never finnished in the first place?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cernunnos.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I am not sure if you cannot read, you are blind follower or you havent read at all what dev posted. I'll just leave it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
None of the above, more I skimmed the dev page and looked at the brief overview of facts as I saw them. That does change the context though, but not to the point where one can claim they are only in it for the money, just that they desire to make money of it.

Not shilling for the dev btw, just giving the benefit of the doubt because the quality of their renders, and other stuff in my opinion gives them a bit more than say a dev who throws shitty renders and copy and pastes a successful games story.

Have edited my comment to reflect this new info. (left the original comments just strike through the invalid ones

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
As shown above he wrote on his patreon that he tries gain more audience to make a profit.
I'd agree he is doing it in a strange way, I can't remember anyone ever saying that they wish a VN was converted to sandbox.
At this point 50% of the players have no idea what they are doing with the game(s).
Are they making two remakes simultaneously of a game that was never finnished in the first place?
yeah, I have corrected myself with that taken into account.

As for the "remakes" I can't speak for the first, but remake and remake 2 are just two builds of the same game, just with different mechanics. I would chalk that up to inexperience, and not understanding how to properly use concepts.

Remake 2 should really just be called a Rebuild, as it is the same content with added animations, just a different build gameplay wise. Or even remaster? just not remake as that implies you are completely recreating the game.... which they are not doing.

Which doesn't help with their popularity because it confuses and pisses people off thinking they are restarting again, when instead it is just the frame for the painting that is being replaced, not that they are redoing the painting itself. (to use an analogy)

Reactions: Swizzstick

zh

Oct 17, 2017
It's just a matter of trust. If a dev proves that he can deliver NEW content regularly, this dev will prove that he is worthy to be supported and trusted. This dev is doing... exactly the opposite. Expecting a game to grow when there is no new content/renders is the best way to lose supporters.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Will devs stop calling games remakes when they have not fucking finished the whole game? Is getting very annoying.
When devs re-write and re-render the game again or to add more code to a game ends up always abandoned, these guys are going to try a 2 time..... if they are doing this to get more support they will get the contrary, no one likes devs that will do this again and again for no damm reason since the game was good as vn, if anyone was interested in this game after this, they will lose any interest in supporting this.:FacePalm:
Very very poor decision....

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
The *new* version? does he mean the 0.5 version or this remake version?
Probably 0.5 as he was stating he was working on that version before deciding to switch to sandbox. So yes, looks like he will continue like he did before.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Remake 2, is the original but with sandbox and animations. 0.5 is still coming. remake 2 is basically what the game will eventually be. If my understanding is correct.
:eek:
well i guess i will run them next to each other until then? :p

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The *new* version? does he mean the 0.5 version or this remake version?
Probably 0.5 as he was stating he was working on that version before deciding to switch to sandbox. So yes, looks like he will continue like he did before.
:eek:
well i guess i will run them next to each other until then? :p
Yeah, that means "Remake" 2 is canned. I.e. the experimental gameplay version will stay as exactly that, an experimental version. As for future updates, I assume they will add the animations into the non-sandbox version (i.e. the first remake). So version 0.5

Reactions: Belnick
2.10 star(s) 13 Votes