Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
There is a time skip, but if you have things still to do, it doesn't work. There is an algorithm that checks if you have completed some event chains or not, so it doesn't interrupt what you are doing.

The truth is that it was a very experimental update, and it is almost impossible to predict in which order you have played the events or which stories you are advancing or which ones you are not. But I wanted winter to come organically to the game and not make a Christmas event that comes out of nowhere and has no relation to the main story.

My recommendation is not to skip days until December, but to finish the content you have unfinished.
Thanks for info and truth to be told i already did all content that I'm aware of in the game, so it seems i have to wait for Halloween(as i understood from previous posts it's necessary to complete it before winter jump show up) event and then just jump to the new winter event

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
myrendil wow, sorry for that.

The idea was that each girl would have a different behavior, it seemed very strange to me that each girl waits forever until the player interacts with her, especially if there is something to solve quickly.

It's also strange that it leaves you stuck for two weeks, surely there was a combination of events that generated that problem, I must check...

My intention is that the game is a relaxing experience, to take time to connect the dots of the puzzle, and those automatic events were to give more variety to the rhythm of the game. I guess in your case, it didn't work as expected.

Anyway I think that in game design I have made some beginner mistakes, since when I started with LP I had no experience designing videogames or anything like that :(

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
Tech support issue.

The game appears to be stuck in rollback mode. I was progressing along just fine, a fair distance into the game, when all of sudden is started speeding in reverse, like I was scrolling back -- except I wasn't even touching my mouse. It's rolled back as far as it could, and any attempt to move past that point automatically scrolls back.

Tried starting a new game and the issue impacts this as well. Issue persists after save/reload, exit/relaunch, and system reboot.

Issue is NOT impacting other Ren'py games or non-Ren'py programs, so I don't think it's a stuck input device.

Am about to try downloading the new version and seeing if that resolves it (was running previous build), but posting in case that doesn't resolve the issue.

Update: Fresh install did not resolve issue, but did break save. Also tried unplugging/replugging input devices, without success. Game appears to be unplayable.

Second update: A full purge of the game from my system including saves and reinstalling managed to resolve the issue.
I have never heard of an error like this before, sorry for the problem, but I have no idea what caused it :unsure:

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for info and truth to be told i already did all content that I'm aware of in the game, so it seems i have to wait for Halloween(as i understood from previous posts it's necessary to complete it before winter jump show up) event and then just jump to the new winter event
You only need to finish the Halloween content first, if you already started doing the Halloween content before playing the update, this way you won't be cut off from the quest line in the middle of the progress.

Anyway, there are time jumps for you to play both contents. And these time jumps will be removed in the future, as they have no justification within the story or game logic.

To start the Halloween content you must meet Luna, for that you must go to Miss Pumpkin at any time of the day. There you will find a card advertising medium services with the address of the cabin in the woods. Then, during the night, there is a new location on the map that you must visit during the night. During the day Luna doesn't come to light, she's like a vampire or something hahaha

To start the Christmas content, you must have finished Shizuka and Kaede's content first. The Christmas content is not just a special event like Halloween, but it is part of Yui's main story too

Reactions: Duergh

Hartigan

Nov 6, 2017
Calm down. What probably caused the misunderstanding is that you are trying to download an outdated version they weren't thinking of, and the current downloads work just fine.
in the current Version is no savegame from the beginning of the new save-format.
So outdated or not, with the current Version all Users from older Versions are forced to play all the content again.

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
in the current Version is no savegame from the beginning of the new save-format.
So outdated or not, with the current Version all Users from older Versions are forced to play all the content again.
Since version 0.6.5 all saves are compatible until the end of the development

Hartigan

Nov 6, 2017
I personally delete all old update links, so that people don't mistakenly play outdated content.

Try itch links, they even update automatically when new content is available if you use their app (plus it downloads faster)
you told me to get the old Version from Patreon for a Savefile at the beginning of 0.6.5 ?!?

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
you told me to get the old Version from Patreon for a Savefile at the beginning of 0.6.5 ?!?
Just the save file:

copy/paste on the save folder of the 0.7.5 and done xD (Check saves page 7)

Reactions: Hartigan
4.50 star(s) 101 Votes