Ghoul26

Jan 4, 2018
With the Enhanced Edition, all money and time requirements were removed from the main storyline, u could play it like a linear VN if u want or with just one girl if u want, the events are dynamically adjusted at all times. Progress is faster, requiring less than half as many game days as before. You can access all the girls from the first minutes of the game (except for Mary).

The money only is needed to buy costumes. But even so, the attributes now progress automatically with the library update, the love and depravity points with each girl will be more than enough if you choose the right option during the storyline, just dont be rude. Moreover, the new costumes (Bikinis) are totally free.

It is even possible to combo attributes or fish to earn a lot of money in a single day, unlike before.

Welp, even if u want a full save, u could change de MC name too, but the events related to the glow and the ability to see memories do not transfer between "machines", but if you want to ignore the story, no problem using another save :)
I like the design of the new update, but I feel like it is moving too fast, the scene where Prim discovers the hospital papers was one of my favorites, because of the drama, but now I saw it very muted and without expressions on her part.

What I liked about the previous version is that you could feel how you progressed little by little in the relationship with the girls. Now it seems they are getting into confidence too quickly.

I like the new gameplay, but I miss being able to develop the relationship with the characters slowly, that gives more logic to the confidence that grows in them.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
This runs really badly on Mac. The scene after Anton's choice, with the mayor and Sasha just crashed the entire app. And it doesn't show it again after a reload. Just a white screen, then back to the house.

I think I'm done with this.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
This runs really badly on Mac. The scene after Anton's choice, with the mayor and Sasha just crashed the entire app. And it doesn't show it again after a reload. Just a white screen, then back to the house.

That scene is intended to crash. It is part of the story. If you load the most recent auto save or manual save you have and go back to the door it should say something like "I don't want to go in there" then you know you have seen the event and can proceed normally. You only experience that scene once

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
That scene is intended to crash. It is part of the story. If you load the most recent auto save or manual save you have and go back to the door it should say something like "I don't want to go in there" then you know you have seen the event and can proceed normally. You only experience that scene once
What?! Really.... My autosave is back in my room in conversation with Sasha, no aknowledgement about the whole interrupted conversation or that anything happened. How am I supposed to understand it was intentional? That's pretty bad design.

However, the game still runs terribly outside of that. Lag all over the place. Just thougt it culminated in that convo.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
I am sorry, but even with the changes, your game is a pain to play (again) and some of them make it arguably worse. I am sure it was a lot of work, but I don't see a lot of benefits for the player.

The new character interface actually means *more* clicks than before to find out where you need to be for each of them. Why on earth would you do this?

There is still no indicator for new events on the map, which would mean I could actually play it instead of using the menu above each time I want to know what to do. It still has all the worst features of a sandbox game.

Replaying this from the start is tedious and not fun and that should tell you all you need to know about the user experience.
Can you elaborate on what makes it a pain to play and what is made worse? I am not understanding. Literally all you have to do is interact with the girls to continue the story. Stats only affect other things in the game such as the fishing system or how much money you earn which there are various amount of ways to do. Stats themselves is easier to earn with how much you can get normally and the passive earns from the library books. I don't see how any of this makes it worse.

I don't understand what you mean by more clicks. Like 1? That's what is bothering you? You click once to open the menu then once more to choose the girl you want. Then you back out. I don't see how this is a problem.

I don't know what adult games you are playing but most of the ones don't have indicators on the map. Not saying it shouldn't but I don't think that is completely fair. Each girl has a different story that would clutter the map with indicators. It isn't that difficult to pull up the character page to see what to do next when most of the time you are just interacting with them. It isn't that complicated.

The game progresses way faster in the beginning and you meet all the girls earlier. Most of the events from the old version were condensed down into longer singular events. So I don't understand what you mean by this either

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
What?! Really.... My autosave is back in my room in conversation with Sasha, no aknowledgement about the whole interrupted conversation or that anything happened. How am I supposed to understand it was intentional? That's pretty bad design.

However, the game still runs terribly outside of that. Lag all over the place. Just thougt it culminated in that convo.
Yes it is intentional. It is part of the story for you to have that conversation with Sasha with no acknowledgment which will make sense towards the future. You know it is intentional after you talk to her after loading the auto save then try to go back to the room. It should say something different than normally if you try to go back in

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Yes it is intentional. It is part of the story for you to have that conversation with Sasha with no acknowledgment which will make sense towards the future. You know it is intentional after you talk to her after loading the auto save then try to go back to the room. It should say something different than normally if you try to go back in
There's clever and TOO clever game design. I hadn't clicked the door previously so I had no indication it didn't say that all of the time. Changing the dialogue to "I don't want to go in there again." would've told more. I just thought I somehow didn't have the key in that autosave.

buggzy313

May 31, 2019
it pains me to say it but ....this new version is not my thing .... it feels to rushed and some of the dialogue doesnt even make sense anymore....i hope stawer goes back to the older story...

ggrrr who tf says it was or is grindy....its a fucking vn there is no grind ....sure u go to work n u have to buy some stuff but its EASY AS FUCK TO MAKE MONEY GO TO THE YOROKOBI AND SAVE THEN GAMBLE UR ASS OFF ON WEEKENDS .................sorry but it wasnt grindy ....if u wanna see grindy for money ...go play gtav .........end transmission!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghoul26

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Assuming I am understanding this correctly (I've not got there yet):

I don't think deliberately crashing the game creates a good experience for players. I save a lot so won't have a problem (and if autosave is more recent, I can use that.) But I would also assume something was wrong and report a bug. I suggest finding another way to do this. Like maybe being returned magically to your room but the game hasn't closed.

Still looking forward to playing again, going to start in the next couple of days, but I thought this was worth pointing out even if I haven't yet played the new version.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

I don't think deliberately crashing the game creates a good experience for players. I save a lot so won't have a problem (and if autosave is more recent, I can use that.) But I would also assume something was wrong and report a bug. I suggest finding another way to do this. Like maybe being returned magically to your room but the game hasn't closed.

Still looking forward to playing again, going to start in the next couple of days, but I thought this was worth pointing out even if I haven't yet played the new version.
I think the dev tried to go for a fourth wall breaking Moment a la DDLC.
This moment was in the game even before the rework and back then it didn‘t come too unexpected (following the story and all) for me. I figured out what was going on pretty quickly and found it to be quiet a unique feature.

Reactions: Tavi13

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017

When you open the game again, the main menu changes and you can see the "green firefly", this means that new dialogs and secret events are activated for all the games you play from now on in the future.

The execution of that is a reference to Earthbound from Super Nintendo.

However, my intention is not that it would be a good experience, but that it would be something sudden and uncomfortable. To make it look like a bug, but not really be.

just my 2 cents xD

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017

I need to work on this.

Apparently the new version of Renpy that I am using has many performance problems, i dont have a mac to do more tests :(

You can try with Shift + G and changing the renderer.

The problem with rolling back the renpy version to the previous one, is that it will break the games again. I have to find the solution at some point :unsure:

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019

Yeah I understand what you mean. It was addressed before to where a new autosave is made right after the event so in case you didn't manually save and no progress will be lost. Even then though once you see the event and crash the game recognizes it and it is seen only once so you won't need to do it again

Reactions: Tavi13

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
I am sorry, but even with the changes, your game is a pain to play (again) and some of them make it arguably worse. I am sure it was a lot of work, but I don't see a lot of benefits for the player.

The new character interface actually means *more* clicks than before to find out where you need to be for each of them. Not to mention it includes everyone and their dog (or turtle) now. Why on earth would you do this?

There is still no indicator for new events on the map, which would mean I could actually play it instead of using the menu above each time I want to know what to do. It still has all the worst features of a sandbox game.

It is also untrue that money is only used for costumes. You need it for repairs for example.

Replaying this from the start is tedious and not fun and that should tell you all you need to know about the user experience.
Sasha gives you the money for the repair one event before it is needed, if it has not yet been repaired yet.

On the other hand, I understand your views and would have to write a lot to give you my perspective on things, but honestly, I don't think it's necessary, my opinion is not important after all.

I do my best to create an enjoyable game, although I also understand that it is weird in some aspects. However, from what you say, the game is not to your liking, and you shouldn't waste time playing something you don't like.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
You can try with Shift + G and changing the renderer.
Toggled on the forced GL2 renderer and "Tearing: Enable". The renderer alone didn't change anything, but something happened with the latter. The change is miniscule, but perhaps a little better. Hard to say if it's all inside my head :)

Thank you MasterWizard1 for replying to my message. Just played forward and the quest continued. Excellent writing and emotions from Stawer. Bravo.

The quest should signpost better, it was worth to see to the end.

Apr 15, 2020
I'm missing a scene with Yui.
Depending on how to lable them it would either be the fifth, or the first one in the second row.
Could anyone tell me how to trigger it?

lewdloser

Nov 1, 2018
While it's always annoying to completely restart, that's what "skip unseen text" is for and I think the massive gameplay improvements are worth the hassle.

Can't wait to see more of Charlotte and Liz, but I love Maxy too!

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes