3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

Mike17723

Jan 9, 2019

Nemexis

Oct 1, 2019
At the cost of repeating myself :rolleyes:

Its a system locale issue, not with the game (so trying to run it with locale emulator is useless), but with the unpacking software.

When unpacked in a non-japanese system locale some of the file paths are changed (i think / instead of the yen symbol) and the game code cannot find them, even tho they are technically there.

Change your system locale to japanese, unpack the game, switch back to you preferred locale and enjoy the game (yes, the game will work in a non japanese enviroment then)

Also, for the lazies in the audience:

Last edited:

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
At the cost of repeating myself :rolleyes:

Its a system locale issue, not with the game (so trying to run it with locale emulator is useless), but with the unpacking software.

When unpacked in a non-japanese system locale some of the file paths are changed (i think / instead of the yen symbol) and the game code cannot find them, even tho they are technically there.

Change your system locale to japanese, unpack the game, switch back to you preferred locale and enjoy the game (yes, the game will work in a non japanese enviroment then)

Also, for the lazies in the audience: Mega
Many thanks. I would just rather not switch my System locale anymore. My last PC I kept it in Japanese and it got to the point where I would have had trouble switching back. Best I keep away from this pond. :p

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Em...
advice on how not to mess around with switching languages when unpacking.
Open WinRAR -> Options -> Name Encoding (Ctrl+E) -> Change to Japanese (#932) -> unpack folder -> Profit!
Guess i could have tried that. I wonder if that will always work.

ETANEL23

Mar 15, 2018
Real talk I for one have had this pc since 2018 and not once did I have to change it's system locale and not once have I ever needed to switch it back.

I generally don't even know why people need to keep changing their locale back and forth or why people seem to have such a difficult time with remembering if you play a Japanese game more likely then not your locale has to also reflect that.

Granted I have no idea why that doesn't work both way's since I have been playing numerous english games and such for years and they never gave a damn about locale, so hell if I understand the tech of this all.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
So what happens when you reach 0 health? game over? Or do you get reset back at a home base of sorts?
MC gets fucked until she loses all Willpower and then you go back to last checkpoint. You lose some progress, that's all.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes