Backzan

May 30, 2023
I'm making a renpy game with hand drawn art like this, and I've done a ton of research into the patreons of games like this, and 5k isn't anything special. Their patreon is 5 years old, although it doesn't seem like it started with this game.

Every single visual novel style game I can find that has custom art is making at minimum 2k a month after 1 year of being released. And that's games with subpar art, little content, or just aren't very good to play. For a game with art as good as this, which has been running for almost exactly a year (Going by when this thread was made, and assuming for the sake of argument that ALL of that $4700 is from this game, and the 4 years of other games didn't contribute at all), 5k is pretty standard, if not on the low side.

For reference:

What a legend has been around for 11 months, and is making 6.5k a month. That's 30% more money for a slightly newer game.

Inquisitor Trainer is 9 months old and is making the same money as this game

Summertime Saga, while obviously much older at at least 3 years (their patreon got suspended around 3 years ago so all posts before then are gone, not sure how long it was running before that), is making $75k a month.

Driven Affairs released a demo 9 days ago and they're already making $772 a month

Lust Campus is at 3.2k after 6 months

Love & Sex Second Base 3 and a half years, $14.3k

Four Elements Trainer 4 and a half years, roughly $20-25k (just an estimate, they don't show their actual numbers)

So, while the paywalling isn't exactly breaking them, they could certainly be doing better. If we're gonna account for the 2 games with good art (almost equally good, but the artist has clearly improved over time) and the FULL 5 years, I'd be expecting them to make at least 3 times what they are now.
facts

ewokk

Nov 13, 2017
The 0.29 update scene is just delightful. A million low bows to the small development team. There shouldn't be more negative reviews here (for some reason only here). Finally, public sex, not blowjobs or other fondling (0.30 is also excellent). We're waiting for a similar one, but without the charms of Selemene. Well, the only thing better than double anal is double vaginal, or wait until triple vaginal...

Last edited:

GUN DOWN

Feb 4, 2021
The 0.29 update scene is just delightful. A million low bows to the small development team. There shouldn't be more negative reviews here (for some reason only here). Finally, public sex, not blowjobs or other fondling (0.30 is also excellent). We're waiting for a similar one, but without the charms of Selemene. Well, as they say, only double anal is better than double vaginal, or we'll wait until triple v...
+++...And I absolutely believe that in the future we should make a choice, and give Selemen a chance to prove himself

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
The 0.29 update scene is just delightful. A million low bows to the small development team. There shouldn't be more negative reviews here (for some reason only here). Finally, public sex, not blowjobs or other fondling (0.30 is also excellent). We're waiting for a similar one, but without the charms of Selemene. Well, the only thing better than double anal is double vaginal, or wait until triple vaginal...
it's been like a year since i checked this game

if you say it shouldnt have any more negative reviews....does that mean its no longer a paywalled mess?

traplover19

Formerly 'lowtierntrgod'
Nov 4, 2018
the negative reviews is because this has more paywalls then your average triple a game
even removing basic functionalities behind a paywall like saving and skipping
people would be less harsh if the devs did like others devs do and just release the payed version
or too give people features or cheats there countless ways to monetize your games without screwing over everyone else
like deliberately removing features that every game in existence has
or just make it just a full on premium game in the first place
and stop pretending too give a crap about the free version

Lucas90251

Dec 2, 2017
For anyone trying to play on linux you can use GE Proton 8.4 to run it properly. for the easy way you can just add it to steam and then force compatibility to use GE Proton 8.4 and it should run fine

navingard

Mar 26, 2022
also how can i get the v 0.3 scene with the chapter 2, the jerk off one? even if i get it to the last try the game just freezes and tells me to choose one option without having any option

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I took the time and unlocked the save and skip option. It's just like the offical offline version of the game, an Electron app, but with unlocked features and Offlaner patreon scences.

Mega
Does anybody has this and can share it thorugh a fuctional platform?

1.80 star(s) 82 Votes