PTGames

Developer of Lunar's Chosen
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
I will never understand why devs fill up their linear stories with pointless mechanics like moving around and grind. Or better said - I understand it out of a financial point, because you need way less material because you stretch the playtime so much that your content can feel more than it actually is. But at the end that does not add to the game. There are some VNs that have a few short "free roam" segments and in some of them this adds to the game or at least does not hurt the game.
Actually, it has nothing to do with any of that. Just as you find clicking around empty places boring, I personally find clicking through continuous story without any break or change totally mind numbing. I am far more likely to pay attention to the story if it's broken up. If it's just one continuous VN, I'll just end up clicking through to the interesting bits, instead of reading any story.

It's not everyone's preference, which is fine :) No-one is ever going to create something that EVERYONE likes, we each prefer different things. This obviously isn't a game for you, which I'm sorry about, but it's bound to happen that some people will dislike it.

All I ask is don't just assume because you don't like something, it's done for nefarious purposes like artificially extending game length. If anything, the game would be longer than it is now without any free roam as there'd be zero locations to create, no code to be done, no map to be filled, no triggers to be coded, no hints system to create etc. It actually adds a hell of a lot more work to a game to have free roam than it would a straight up VN.

What kind of pregnancy is in this game.... impregnation and belly progression or just an ending / not very involved
Currently it's only a side character who works for you who is already pregnant and you can do sexy photoshoots with, as well as one scene with a main character using magic to transform herself into being pregnant. I do have more plans for potential pregnancy plans later though.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Actually, it has nothing to do with any of that. Just as you find clicking around empty places boring, I personally find clicking through continuous story without any break or change totally mind numbing. I am far more likely to pay attention to the story if it's broken up. If it's just one continuous VN, I'll just end up clicking through to the interesting bits, instead of reading any story.

It's not everyone's preference, which is fine :) No-one is ever going to create something that EVERYONE likes, we each prefer different things. This obviously isn't a game for you, which I'm sorry about, but it's bound to happen that some people will dislike it.

All I ask is don't just assume because you don't like something, it's done for nefarious purposes like artificially extending game length. If anything, the game would be longer than it is now without any free roam as there'd be zero locations to create, no code to be done, no map to be filled, no triggers to be coded, no hints system to create etc. It actually adds a hell of a lot more work to a game to have free roam than it would a straight up VN.

Currently it's only a side character who works for you who is already pregnant and you can do sexy photoshoots with, as well as one scene with a main character using magic to transform herself into being pregnant. I do have more plans for potential pregnancy plans later though.
You are so kind to answer questions that have been answered multiple times rather than telling people to stop being lazy cunts and use the search function to find the answers they're too stupid to look for.

Clearly I should never try to become a game developer :LOL:

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
You are so kind to answer questions that have been answered multiple times rather than telling people to stop being lazy cunts and use the search function to find the answers they're too stupid to look for.

Clearly I should never try to become a game developer :LOL:
Haha I know from experience sometimes the search function doesn't always provide the answers you want. Plus if I'm here posting something anyway and I see a question, it's only a couple of extra seconds to answer it :)

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
I understand the desire for variety and I'm sure plenty of player are gonna love Meg. She's a bit much for my tastes, however I'm happy with the new scenes so far. Im guessing the animations for those will be included in the official released version?

Reactions: PTGames

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Haha I know from experience sometimes the search function doesn't always provide the answers you want. Plus if I'm here posting something anyway and I see a question, it's only a couple of extra seconds to answer it :)
Good on you for being a better person than me.

And let me be 10000% clear, that was not a sarcastic comment, I genuinely meant it :love:

Reactions: PTGames

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
I understand the desire for variety and I'm sure plenty of player are gonna love Meg. She's a bit much for my tastes, however I'm happy with the new scenes so far. Im guessing the animations for those will be included in the official released version?
Yeah, any animations that are in will be staying, they aren't Patreon exclusive :)

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
Hopefully soon the dev will add replayable xxx instead of just hand jobs and b.j's thats all thats reptable so far as far as i can tell . evan though the mc tapped all of them know still only gets b,j's and hand jobs replable events .

toma000007

Mar 17, 2018
Hopefully soon the dev will add replayable xxx instead of just hand jobs and b.j's thats all thats reptable so far as far as i can tell . evan though the mc tapped all of them know still only gets b,j's and hand jobs replable events .
You can replay all the scenes from the computer in your room

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
I strongly agree with this. I too find continuous VNs boring.

For me, even when they're essentially linear, "free roam" VNs offer a much better sense of place. Centering the player in their house and having them click through to get elsewhere does a better job for me building up the world than just a bunch of text and background images. And if the world also contains some optional/repeatable scenes, all the better.

What nobody ought to do is complain that a given game isn't made in the style they want. There's so! many! games! out there to play, surely you can find one you like.

PTGames

Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
This is something I keep meaning to do, but creating them takes away from the story. So it's a case of balancing time of adding repeatable scenes vs new story content. I may one update only do a small amount of story and get repeatable scenes in, we will see :)

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
This is something I keep meaning to do, but creating them takes away from the story. So it's a case of balancing time of adding repeatable scenes vs new story content. I may one update only do a small amount of story and get repeatable scenes in, we will see :)
well if thats the case and If you do start updating the game with replayable events then I will then start to support your game as you said politely we will wait and see how it plays out .

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes