hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
Downloaded the new version and lost all my saves? still got the old version atm is there a way of transferring them? im on mac btw

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Downloaded the new version and lost all my saves? still got the old version atm is there a way of transferring them? im on mac btw
Just take a look in the Renpy folder in your library, right click on the icon finder in the dock, choose go to folder and paste this in the window pop up: ~/Library/
go and look there the name of the folder is PTGames.

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
Just take a look in the Renpy folder in your library, right click on the icon finder in the dock, choose go to folder and paste this in the window pop up: ~/Library/
go and look there the name of the folder is PTGames.
so ive found the folder, but how to get it into the new game?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
so ive found the folder, but how to get it into the new game?
If you saved your previous files you just should make a save with the new version and then overwrite it with the older and it should load them.
Unless dev did some changes to the code that make old saves incompatibles, sadly I don't have a complete save to offer since I deleted everything, i'm playing the game from the start, I could give you a save of mine if you want, but you still need to play the game from that point. :)

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
If you saved your previous files you just should make a save with the new version and then overwrite it with the older and it should load them.
Unless dev did some changes to the code that make old saves incompatibles, sadly I don't have a complete save to offer since I deleted everything, i'm playing the game from the start, I could give you a save of mine if you want, but you still need to play the game from that point. :)
I’m lost, I have like 10 save files on there?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I’m lost, I have like 10 save files on there?
And you can't load them? Did you made them with a previous game version? I mean a very old one? That could explain why you can't see them with the actual game version ( I'm not saying this is the only reason, but saves made with a very old version may be incompatible with the last game version).
Uhm try this, make a copy of them on another HD or anyway out of the Renpy PTGames save folder.
Then take and drag the PTGames folder into the trashbin and cancel it, after that open the game and make a fresh save and them overwrite it in the new PTGames folder with one of your old saves and see if then they load.
If it will not work, I will give you my last save from today.

Reactions: hellyeah3000

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
And you can't load them? Did you made them with a previous game version? I mean a very old one? That could explain why you can't see them with the actual game version ( I'm not saying this is the only reason, but saves made with a very old version may be incompatible with the last game version).
Uhm try this, make a copy of them on another HD or anyway out of the Renpy PTGames save folder.
Then take and drag the PTGames folder into the trashbin and cancel it, after that open the game and make a fresh save and them overwrite it in the new PTGames folder with one of your old saves and see if then they load.
If it will not work, I will give you my last save from today.
Nope my saves are from v0.22 so literally the version before this? ive got a fully completed game save along with the working v22 game in a folder. but the new v23 version just opens with no saves whatsoever and wants me to start a fresh

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Nope my saves are from v0.22 so literally the version before this? ive got a fully completed game save along with the working v22 game in a folder. but the new v23 version just opens with no saves whatsoever and wants me to start a fresh
That's it!
I take a look at the changelog and PT did make changes to the code for this new update so it can't read the old saves and require a fresh one ( he says there shouldn't be problems, but considering what you're reporting I think this is not completely true).
Dang, if you want I can share my save with you, but if you completed all the path of the 0.22 version you will need to replay them, because I'm at the point where I'm helping Vex to be pregnant, I'm sorry I just restarted playing today.

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
That's it!
I take a look at the changelog and PT did make changes to the code for this new update so it can't read the old saves and require a fresh one ( he says there shouldn't be problems, but considering what you're reporting I think this is not completely true).
Dang, if you want I can share my save with you, but if you completed all the path of the 0.22 version you will need to replay them, because I'm at the point where I'm helping Vex to be pregnant, I'm sorry I just restarted playing today.
If you could please mate yeah, how to i get your save into the game though? sort of new to all this save moving malarkey

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
That's it!
Yeah,my saves from 0.22(not that many because i was playing from the beginning) can't be seen in 0.23.
Good that I was not very firther in the game-just after a shower scene with Amy.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
If you could please mate yeah, how to i get your save into the game though? sort of new to all this save moving malarkey
Sure no problem.
Like I said, make a fresh new save just after the intro, let's say in the first slot and then close the game.
If you will take a look in the PTGames folder (inside the Renpy folder in the library like I said before) you will find a save named 1-1-LT1.save, plus a persistent save file.
Now I will give you a save of mine with the exact same name so you just need to download it, unzip it, and then drag it into the PTGames save folder and click ok when a pop up window will ask you if you want to replace the file.
Then open the game again and load that save and you will see that it will be replaced with mine, ok? :)
Here my save, hope everything will be ok, have a good playthrough.

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
Yeah,my saves from 0.22(not that many because i was playing from the beginning) can't be seen in 0.23.
Good that I was not very firther in the game-just after a shower scene with Amy.
Ive found them!!! there not in the PT Games folder, theyre in one called "lunas chosen-15" just copy and paste them into the PTGames folder and it will work

Reactions: NewWanderer

hellyeah3000

Nov 11, 2021
Sure no problem.
Like I said, make a fresh new save just after the intro, let's say in the first slot and then close the game.
If you will take a look in the PTGames folder (inside the Renpy folder in the library like I said before) you will find a save named 1-1-LT1.save, plus a persistent save file.
Now I will give you a save of mine with the exact same name so you just need to download it, unzip it, and then drag it into the PTGames save folder and click ok when a pop up window will ask you if you want to replace the file.
Then open the game again and load that save and you will see that it will be replaced with mine, ok? :)
Here my save, hope everything will be ok, have a good playthrough.
Nice one mate, ive found them.. theyre in another folder called lunas chosen-15

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Nice one mate, ive found them.. theyre in another folder called lunas chosen-15
Cool! That's good to hear, at least you don't need to start new I'm glad to hear that, to me it's different probably because I started from the beginning so I have only one save folder.:)(y)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If your old saves aren't showing in 0.23beta automatically, go to 0.22/game/saves, copy all, go to 0.23beta/game/saves, paste and they should show up

Reactions: D Dog

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
Where are the saves located for PC version? I'm trying to use a full save file, and I replace the proper file in my game/saves folder, but every time I launch the game it seems to import or use different saves than in that folder.

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes