Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Error when Samantha leaves the room, any workaround?
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/locations_main/leon_room_mc_6.png'>:
File "game/modoverrides/haley.rpy", line 79, in script call
$renpy.call ('haley_events_4_label_0_m')
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 188, in execute
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 188, in execute
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 1499, in execute
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 1507, in execute
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 1512, in execute
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 1512, in keywords
File "game/logic/main_interface/screen.rpy", line 1512, in <module>
KeyError: 6
Yeah, don't use mods!

nuoovo

May 12, 2018
Has anyone ever had an issue where the game has opened only once, and when you tried second time it never opens?
The interesting part is that other renpy games work for me, just in that case I have no idea what to do. I can't find any process related in a task manager, drivers are updated, and even log created says that boot was completed without errors...

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Has anyone ever had an issue where the game has opened only once, and when you tried second time it never opens?
The interesting part is that other renpy games work for me, just in that case I have no idea what to do. I can't find any process related in a task manager, drivers are updated, and even log created says that boot was completed without errors...
Try this:
Hold down shift while starting Ren'Py, or press shift+G once Ren'Py has started. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py. We suggest trying OpenGL, DirectX, and Software, in that order.
Also try " angle 2" should works better

• Red Heart
Reactions: nuoovo

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Using w.t modded version. Loading save files some times not working. After loading, most cases the saves places will not appear. Is it w.t mod problem or game problem ???

Game auto forwarding most times without pressing skip button. Why
Bear in the Night

nuoovo

May 12, 2018
Try this:
Hold down shift while starting Ren'Py, or press shift+G once Ren'Py has started. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py. We suggest trying OpenGL, DirectX, and Software, in that order.
Also try " angle 2" should works better
Thanks mate! Actually later I tried to delete persistent from save folder and it helped, but I really appreciate the help <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bear in the Night

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Using w.t modded version. Loading save files some times not working. After loading, most cases the saves places will not appear. Is it w.t mod problem or game problem ???

Game auto forwarding most times without pressing skip button. Why
Bear in the Night
Jesus, like every time I should say this?
Do not use mods!
Don't even ask why the game not working, if you use mods.
"Game auto-forwarding most times without pressing skip button" check the settings, probably you have skip text speed too high

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Jesus, like every time I should say this?
Do not use mods!
Don't even ask why the game not working, if you use mods.
"Game auto-forwarding most times without pressing skip button" check the settings, probably you have skip text speed too high
First i downloaded not modded version. But had to uninstall that one due to the lack of opacity slider. Playing this game fist rime. I didn't know mod is a headache here

nah.. i turned OFF auto forward

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I honestly thought this was a great game with lots of potential given that it has some really gorgeous looking characters, like seriously my god... and then boom we got an
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in it, the magical world is really rich and full of potential. The game exceeded even the high expectations i had for it at the start, great job dev, keep it up. Gonna throw some support your way once i get my Christmas bonus.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bear in the Night

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I honestly thought this was a great game with lots of potential given that it has some really gorgeous looking characters, like seriously my god... and then boom we got an
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in it, the magical world is really rich and full of potential. The game exceeded even the high expectations i had for it at the start, great job dev, keep it up. Gonna throw some support your way once i get my Christmas bonus.
Ahaha thanks man ;)
Feel free to leave your review in a "review" section, it helps us a lot :)

Reactions: hazyfire

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Is this story one that is dependant on the MC completing everything with everyone or can the mc be particular in choosing who he wants to be with - ie: do you need to be with Vanessa, Naomi etc....

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
I have the same issues other people have noticed: save/load function is broken or has some kind of bug; when i load it doesn't matter where i am or who i'm talking to, the game will put me back in my bedroom. Also i noticed the variable "day_now" is not loaded correctly: in the save file i'm "day_now = 14" but when i load the game it put me back in "day_now = 11".
--------------------------
More info:
1) I'm using the Visual Novel mode
2) I tried to load WITH and WITHOUT mods installed, it doesn't make a difference, the game will always fail to load the saves properly.

TyphoonNL

May 24, 2018
I have the same issues other people have noticed: save/load function is broken or has some kind of bug; when i load it doesn't matter where i am or who i'm talking to, the game will put me back in my bedroom. Also i noticed the variable "day_now" is not loaded correctly: in the save file i'm "day_now = 14" but when i load the game it put me back in "day_now = 11".
More info:
2) I tried to load WITH and WITHOUT mods installed, it doesn't make a difference, the game will always fail to load the saves properly.
i have the same problem with loading a save in the VN mode
i can load old ones from a certain point, but after that i can't

EDIT: when you goto sleep after your talk with Leona about your nightmare, the save gets borked
EDIT:2: you can actually see in the top left corner the skip time and your mobile phone icon

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharingan33

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
i have the same problem with loading a save in the VN mode
i can load old ones from a certain point, but after that i can't
Yes, i also noticed that the loading function was working without issues at the beginning of the game, even with mods installed, but that's not all: i just found out that after loading the rollback is also broken! It became impossible to rewind the text, please can someone confirm this?

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
More info:
All we need is a bug report and save file!

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 163 Votes