SSlayer

Nov 5, 2017
There seems to be a save bug in the sandbox version that I have recently experienced with Lily. I'm not too sure if this bug happens with everyone, but there seems to be an infinite loop with Lily. I starred her, completed her quest, saved it afterward, and reloaded the save after I completed her questline. Her questline progress goes straight back to 0% from 100%. I've repeated it twice on week 3 and week 4, then just gave up and mentally noted that I have already completed her questline.

emma26

Jul 14, 2022
Are you absolutely sure it was uploaded by the developers?
Those usually don't give stuff away for free.
Well 1.8.1d got released on Patreon on 25/1/2023 and posted here soon after (check the forum's first msg), Assuming that was a one time thing, after how many months would 1.9.1 be public? (The "Latest Public Build" link on patreon is still stuck at 0.6.f coz)

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Well 1.8.1d got released on Patreon on 25/1/2023 and posted here soon after (check the forum's first msg), Assuming that was a one time thing, after how many months would 1.9.1 be public? (The "Latest Public Build" link on patreon is still stuck at 0.6.f coz)
And there is your answer. The uploads here are not official and usually not in agreement with the developers.
Sometimes someone uploads a copy right away and sometimes it takes longer.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
uhhh well I thought so because you guys posted it here when 1.8.1d got released...
if you follow the Patreon link you can download the newest version
for free.
ie it's the delta version

you can always download the latest patreon delta version form patreon without being a subscriber for bear in the night.
but then why not be a subscriber, at least on the lowest member level ? ie as novice.

• Angry
Reactions: SPARDA2408

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
if you follow the Patreon link you can download the newest version
for free.
ie it's the delta version

you can always download the latest patreon delta version form patreon without being a subscriber for bear in the night.
but then why not be a subscriber, at least on the lowest member level ? ie as novice.
You can't. It's still "Journeyman" tier.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
That's absolutely fair!! No disagreement there, I was just confused about the public release schedule, like if there is a fixed certain time after which the delta version becomes public for each update.
There are some devs that always have public versions after a certain amount of time. Paradise Lust for example always has a free version after some time. I think that always helps devs to gain some more attention because if people actually start to like the game and want to have faster updates and other extras they might support you on patreon. But I also understand if a dev doesn't want to give updates for free at all.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
That's absolutely fair!! No disagreement there, I was just confused about the public release schedule, like if there is a fixed certain time after which the delta version becomes public for each update.
There are some devs that always have public versions after a certain amount of time. Paradise Lust for example always has a free version after some time. I think that always helps devs to gain some more attention because if people actually start to like the game and want to have faster updates and other extras they might support you on patreon. But I also understand if a dev doesn't want to give updates for free at all.
Yeah, but we stop giving our game for free, so the latest free version was 0.6.1f.
We also stopped doing this due to Steam releases.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Yeah, but we stop giving our game for free, so the latest free version was 0.6.1f.
We also stopped doing this due to Steam releases.
Completely understandable. There are always some marketing choices that make more sense in different situations and it's not like someone has to pay like 60 bugs to play all the content of your game. You're always allowed to pay once, download the current version and stop the support after one month if you can't afford any longer or simply don't want to.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I basically only come here to see the current status, don't care about update schedules at all and will buy the GOG version of season 2 once it's available.

3.80 star(s) 160 Votes