but i think it will be great in the future

"Sabrina Spellman" - nice one , was cool at the time

im eager to see more of this game

good job Bear in the Night

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
what's the thing with save loading? It takes less time to load Football manager 50 seasons long save than this. :censored:
Also it seems that some files are missing (at least from compressed version, I took that one), cause prologue can't be completed because : Couldn't find file 'images/main_interface/locations/leon_room_mc.png'.
Can progress only I if skip prologue.

passiveme

Apr 29, 2018
Once you finish the introduction event on the first day, it skips the first morning. In order to talk to Elijah to get your ID you need to skip to the next day. This should be fixed so the first event doesn't actually progress time of day. You can't do anything on that day and its going to confuse a lot of people.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
And...it's was a bad idea to spoil it to everyone. It's beta, with bugs, problems and etc. We want to make public release full ready, and now everyone can see this not fully ready version.
What the idea?
Well at least you clearly mentioned it was a beta. :) Now if you do not have enough testers releasing a beta here may not be bad since it can give you load of bug testers. Just make a note in release notes and OP that it is a beta and anyone playing it will be a bugtester basically with a thank you for being a tester and also add an estimation of when you would like to release the bugtested public version so people can decide if curious enough or would like to wait for the smoother experience. (Does not have to be specific day, just an estimated period).

Reactions: filochard

Gouryo

Nov 29, 2017
Hi guys,

I got a crash in prologue, juste after the stepmother is leaving the room.
I have to skip the prologue, and I think its okay.

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
Lust Academy [v0.2.1a BETA] compressed

Original size win/lin: 1.67 GB
Compressed size win/lin: 264 MB

Win/lin:

Note: There are some images missing, it is the same in normal version. Check above few posts. There are bugs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you do a mac compression please?

Reactions: Spaccone

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Yup, I can't say it was smooth. That's why we taking dat much time on testing all open-world mechanics. The good thing, that it's only this time, the next updates will be much easier and faster
And...it's was a bad idea to spoil it to everyone. It's beta, with bugs, problems and etc. We want to make public release full ready, and now everyone can see this not fully ready version.
What the idea?
Speaking from experience as a playtester, this is a way harder transition than people realize.

Open world is hard to program and test because there's no set paths through the game. The player can try to trigger events in any order, so very careful attention must be paid to keeping plot progression in lockstep. But then if you're making an open-world with everything (love interests, fetishes, etc) optional, now you have to program it so all progressions are completely independent of each other. Not easy.

Unfortunately, as the developer you know how things should be done, and subconsciously that limits your ability to be truly throrough when playtesting. At some point you do have to give it to the world to try, because ordinary players are really good at finding issues you unconsciously avoided. It's embarrassing, but it's now a proven approach - most large companies do alphas, betas, experimental, developer preview, pre-releases, etc to get that real life testing feedback.

This sounds like it may have been more an alpha-level release than beta. As you gain experience, you'll get better at knowing how close to release the game really is. Plus, this is the "heavy lift", once you've got the base mechanics sorted out here, as you said, further releases will be much simpler.

Keep at it. The quality of your art shows you've got the mindset to get this right, just push through the growing pains.

Last edited:

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Well at least you clearly mentioned it was a beta. :) Now if you do not have enough testers releasing a beta here may not be bad since it can give you load of bug testers. Just make a note in release notes and OP that it is a beta and anyone playing it will be a bugtester basically with a thank you for being a tester and also add an estimation of when you would like to release the bugtested public version so people can decide if curious enough or would like to wait for the smoother experience. (Does not have to be specific day, just an estimated period).
I agree. A different approach might have been to pull out some people from here who are engaged with the game and ask them in PM if they'd be willing to playtest it.

Of course, that still runs the risk that someone will leak it, which might actually be worse than what happened, because the leaker may forget to tell people that it is a beta release.

tulkas

Sep 15, 2017
There are two "quests" which i dont see how to complete. Like someone mentioned, I have more than the 3 books Lilly asks for and I cant do anything with them. Also Haley event "after class" doesnt trigger, and I dont know how many classes do I have to attend to progress with the 2 teachers

3.80 star(s) 160 Votes