Orphee

Nov 19, 2021
The full version of lust academy 0.71 was released on steam on April 12, and then patreon released it for $10 on April 15. Then he appeared here in F95 today. Is this fair to the $3 sponsors who don't play steam? Steam is a buyout, but we pay you every month when you develop the game without updating, and then we can only wait for the release of F95? In that case, why pay you? Isn't it better for us to wait for free?

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
The full version of lust academy 0.71 was released on steam on April 12, and then patreon released it for $10 on April 15. Then he appeared here in F95 today. Is this fair to the $3 sponsors who don't play steam? Steam is a buyout, but we pay you every month when you develop the game without updating, and then we can only wait for the release of F95? In that case, why pay you? Isn't it better for us to wait for free?
So you pledge for Patreon just cause you want stuff early? I support a few devs because I like their games and want to see them finished, etc. Even though I still get most updates ahead of time here :unsure:
In the end I think you should do whatever works for ya. But if you love someone's work, why not throw some incentive, right?

Orphee

Nov 19, 2021
So you pledge for Patreon just cause you want stuff early? I support a few devs because I like their games and want to see them finished, etc. Even though I still get most updates ahead of time here :unsure:
In the end I think you should do whatever works for ya. But if you love someone's work, why not throw some incentive, right?
You're right. I'm a $10 sponsor. I like the author's game. I've sponsored it since the beginning of the game! What I can't understand is that when I pay the author every month to show support for no less than one year, steam players only need to pay the sponsorship fee equivalent to one month here, so they can play the latest version ahead of me. You're right. For overseas players, patreon can support the author on the one hand and experience the latest version at the first time. Because English is not our mother tongue, we have to translate the game into our corresponding version, which also takes time!

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
You do realize that games appear here WITHOUT the dev releasing them here, right? Many dev's avoid FDD95 because it's a cesspool of bitching and moaning by players who (the majority of) don't actually help pay fo rthe development of the game. Some dev's do come here to help support the game since they don't want broken editions floating around or people tarnighing the image of the game with broken mods, etc.

Orphee

Nov 19, 2021
You do realize that games appear here WITHOUT the dev releasing them here, right? Many dev's avoid FDD95 because it's a cesspool of bitching and moaning by players who (the majority of) don't actually help pay fo rthe development of the game. Some dev's do come here to help support the game since they don't want broken editions floating around or people tarnighing the image of the game with broken mods, etc.
Not so. I will still download the game on patreon, but I saw the author release the game on F95 today, but I didn't see the $3 release post on patreon, so I complained! F95 for me, I often come to find mod and see if there are new games that attract me. For my favorite games, I prefer to support genuine games on patreon!

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
15 APRIL 2022
For any one who wants a Guide,
Here a copy of my Gameplays

All Gallery images have been unlocked .
All Quests completed
(End of Gameplays Saves included)
NB.
These Gameplays are for the SANDBOX mode

Hope this helps, good luck and have fun.

PS, BUG?
After Looking at the bottom picture in MC's Rm
and Choosing "Relive the Memory" All saves are
now Labelled "Xmas" and not "SANDBOX"
Without the persist file, useless.

HWK1590

Feb 9, 2022
I downloaded it from MixDrop (Windows version) and am getting errors when extracting. It's saying that various files aren't found.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
You pay because you like the game and want to support it. You do that while knowing you're getting ripped off in the process, plus the possibility of getting even more burned in the end with something that is never completed. That's your choice. I would never do that, ever, because it's a complete waste of money for something that would have a real-world price of less than 20 bucks when finished.

If I ever support something on Patreon I do it at a $1 tier and if they don't have that I do a custom amount. IF, and it's a big if, the game get's completed then I do a one time pledge for the market value of a premium visual novel. By doing it that I have basically no risk and all the reward. If it doesn't get completed, then big deal.

You're right. I'm a $10 sponsor. I like the author's game. I've sponsored it since the beginning of the game! What I can't understand is that when I pay the author every month to show support for no less than one year, steam players only need to pay the sponsorship fee equivalent to one month here, so they can play the latest version ahead of me. You're right. For overseas players, patreon can support the author on the one hand and experience the latest version at the first time. Because English is not our mother tongue, we have to translate the game into our corresponding version, which also takes time!
Steam version does cost $15 and not 10, and the $15 patrons from what I can see did get the game before it released on Steam. You're making that decision to put up money every month to support something. Early adopters never win in the end. The guy who waits for a finished product and pays $20 or something for it wins. If it doesn't get completed, then who cares? because nothing came out of my pocket.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Orphee

Nov 19, 2021
You pay because you like the game and want to support it. You do that while knowing you're getting ripped off in the process, plus the possibility of getting even more burned in the end with something that is never completed. That's your choice. I would never do that, ever, because it's a complete waste of money for something that would have a real-world price of less than 20 bucks when finished.

If I ever support something on Patreon I do it at a $1 tier and if they don't have that I do a custom amount. IF, and it's a big if, the game get's completed then I do a one time pledge for the market value of a premium visual novel. By doing it that I have basically no risk and all the reward. If it doesn't get completed, then big deal.

Steam version does cost $15 and not 10, and the $15 patrons from what I can see did get the game before it released on Steam. You're making that decision to put up money every month to support something. Early adopters never win in the end. The guy who waits for a finished product and pays $20 or something for it wins. If it doesn't get completed, then who cares? because nothing came out of my pocket.
That's great! Early adopters will never win in the end! I'll take your advice, cancel the sponsorship first, and then pay it when the game is finished! Great advice, thank you!

3.80 star(s) 156 Votes