Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Dear witches and wizards welcome to our weekly dev. update!
But first, he's a question for you:
Why did the necromancer kill his depressed allies?
He just wanted to raise their spirits.

Alright! I see you're laughing out loud and clicking that like button already. And now, let's take a look at what our team has done this week:
  • Added 72 new renders with Haley, Lily, and Vanessa.
  • Retouched 60 renders with Haley, Naomi, and Lucy.
  • Finished Amelie's storyline for Lust Academy v0.5.1
  • Finished Adele's storyline for Lust Academy v0.5.1
  • Almost finished reworking our map.
  • Created 4 new locations for Dale.
  • Created 1 new character for Dale.
That's It for today. Thank you for your time and support! We appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Bear in the Night.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Bear in the Night, thanks for your game which has some quite enjoyable moments due to your fine work regarding...
- the graphics (in particular most of the renders, the polished UI and some outstanding animations),
- many of the implemented game mechanics so far (even some are really simple as the minigames, point-and-click...)
- many (almost too many) girls to meet, most of them quite attractive.

Obviously, there is a lot of potential for a great game. However, there are some issues which prevent your game from its potential (at least from my point of view) in its current state:
  • while the introduction (= the part before introducing the sandbox/free roam) works for me, there's a certain lack of (side/lewd) events right in the first week if you play it very focussed on winning the house competition. Of course the player doesn't need to win the competition and is generally "free" to roam in the way he/she wants, but as the game setup encourages you very much to collect house points right from the start, it's kind of consequential to follow this "lead". But if you do, this first week is "only" attending classes, searching the books (well, the three ones available) and talking to some characters. The feel within that week I got was: "How boring and tedious, nothing is really happening!"
    "Where are some teasing encounters with girls that could be fun?" "Where is some engaging interaction to at least brighten up these grindy days of 'hard studies' a bit?" "So many girls around and I need to spare my time to collect points. Damn!" ...I guess, you get the point ;)...
  • there definitely needs to be more content/side scenes to engage the player to play on. Too less is happening while roaming over all the rooms of the castle and the dorm as well. For example: the dorms bathroom - great for a lewd encounter :sneaky:.
  • the overall number of interactions with the cast or implemented objects is still limited somehow, not necessarily in the first week only. I would really encourage you to expand these in the future as well as the lewd content and the story.
  • apropos story: there is not much of a story yet. At the moment it's all about the very first steps getting familiar with the characters, the elementary magic studies, the Cordale locations and such. I guess, you plan on tighten up to an engaging plot which hasn't unfolded yet - so I won't "complain" about that until then *fingers crossed for you*.:cool:
  • beside from a few minor typos, the writing is decent, but maybe has the chance to improve here and there particularly in the more plain/repetitive dialogues. Be aware of using daytime greeting ("good afternoon" in a conversation when it's morning) and overly unnecessary greetings at all (having to click through a bunch of "Hi! - Hi. - How are you? - Oh, I'm fine! - That's great to hear!..." every time does not improve the dialogues. Just dare to concentrate on the essentials.
  • the lessons aren't that fun as well and could be improved - please try to spare us the lecture (cause that "theory blabla" is not interesting/informative enough).Try to tighten up here as well and better throw in some more engaging stuff like practice/training sessions for the learned spells during the lessons and aside from them (could be another minigame or a choice to make as well as maybe some kind of lewd "trial and error" events - the spell wrongly casted causing a girl to expose some nakedness or such unintended exhibitionism alike)... Just a suggestion.
  • when having followed the games "lead" to win the first house competition and then being able to visit Dale you possible find yourself very limited to do much due to the lack of enough money (for a massage or the club). Even if you're great on fishing to earn some money, you can't use that money for more than only one of Dales' "pleasures".
    That's unfortunate, cause at its current state the game doesn't give you a second time at the next weekend to visit Dale even if you'd won the second weeks house competition! Actually it's even worse: the second weekend is skipped completely.
    No repeated visit of Dale, no other weekend activities at all. You go to sleep at Friday night to wake up at Monday in the morning (just to have an unavoidable event that skips the time to midday further!). Oh my, that was indeed the time in-game when I wanted to quit!!! :oops: Very unfortunate.

But nevertheless, I won't quit instantly cause I don't really want to... Better share these issues with you instead!

Hope my shared thoughts are at least a bit constructive - don't wanna burden you with nonconstructive shit at all, cause generally I like your game!
    As this game is still in development, I'm confident you'll find your way to improve it over some time. A lot of work, but I'd say it could be worth it. Hope you'll manage *again fingers crossed* and wish you great success! :giggle:

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Bear in the Night, thanks for your game which has some quite enjoyable moments due to your fine work regarding...
- the graphics (in particular most of the renders, the polished UI and some outstanding animations),
- many of the implemented game mechanics so far (even some are really simple as the minigames, point-and-click...)
- many (almost too many) girls to meet, most of them quite attractive.

Obviously, there is a lot of potential for a great game. However, there are some issues which prevent your game from its potential (at least from my point of view) in its current state:
  • while the introduction (= the part before introducing the sandbox/free roam) works for me, there's a certain lack of (side/lewd) events right in the first week if you play it very focussed on winning the house competition. Of course the player doesn't need to win the competition and is generally "free" to roam in the way he/she wants, but as the game setup encourages you very much to collect house points right from the start, it's kind of consequential to follow this "lead". But if you do, this first week is "only" attending classes, searching the books (well, the three ones available) and talking to some characters. The feel within that week I got was: "How boring and tedious, nothing is really happening!"
    "Where are some teasing encounters with girls that could be fun?" "Where is some engaging interaction to at least brighten up these grindy days of 'hard studies' a bit?" "So many girls around and I need to spare my time to collect points. Damn!" ...I guess, you get the point ;)...
  • there definitely needs to be more content/side scenes to engage the player to play on. Too less is happening while roaming over all the rooms of the castle and the dorm as well. For example: the dorms bathroom - great for a lewd encounter :sneaky:.
  • the overall number of interactions with the cast or implemented objects is still limited somehow, not necessarily in the first week only. I would really encourage you to expand these in the future as well as the lewd content and the story.
  • apropos story: there is not much of a story yet. At the moment it's all about the very first steps getting familiar with the characters, the elementary magic studies, the Cordale locations and such. I guess, you plan on tighten up to an engaging plot which hasn't unfolded yet - so I won't "complain" about that until then *fingers crossed for you*.:cool:
  • beside from a few minor typos, the writing is decent, but maybe has the chance to improve here and there particularly in the more plain/repetitive dialogues. Be aware of using daytime greeting ("good afternoon" in a conversation when it's morning) and overly unnecessary greetings at all (having to click through a bunch of "Hi! - Hi. - How are you? - Oh, I'm fine! - That's great to hear!..." every time does not improve the dialogues. Just dare to concentrate on the essentials.
  • the lessons aren't that fun as well and could be improved - please try to spare us the lecture (cause that "theory blabla" is not interesting/informative enough).Try to tighten up here as well and better throw in some more engaging stuff like practice/training sessions for the learned spells during the lessons and aside from them (could be another minigame or a choice to make as well as maybe some kind of lewd "trial and error" events - the spell wrongly casted causing a girl to expose some nakedness or such unintended exhibitionism alike)... Just a suggestion.
  • when having followed the games "lead" to win the first house competition and then being able to visit Dale you possible find yourself very limited to do much due to the lack of enough money (for a massage or the club). Even if you're great on fishing to earn some money, you can't use that money for more than only one of Dales' "pleasures".
    That's unfortunate, cause at its current state the game doesn't give you a second time at the next weekend to visit Dale even if you'd won the second weeks house competition! Actually it's even worse: the second weekend is skipped completely.
    No repeated visit of Dale, no other weekend activities at all. You go to sleep at Friday night to wake up at Monday in the morning (just to have an unavoidable event that skips the time to midday further!). Oh my, that was indeed the time in-game when I wanted to quit!!! :oops: Very unfortunate.

But nevertheless, I won't quit instantly cause I don't really want to... Better share these issues with you instead!

Hope my shared thoughts are at least a bit constructive - don't wanna burden you with nonconstructive shit at all, cause generally I like your game!
    As this game is still in development, I'm confident you'll find your way to improve it over some time. A lot of work, but I'd say it could be worth it. Hope you'll manage *again fingers crossed* and wish you great success! :giggle:
Hey!
Thanks for that review, I'll send everything to our team.
But if I understand you right, most things are about content, which is limited due to limited renders, for sure.

You can visit Dale every week if you win the house competition. So even if you have enough points, probably a bug. If you have some save file with enough points on Friday, we will take a look.
We planning some content if you won't go to Dale, but it's still in planes.

Reactions: Gorse

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Hey!
But if I understand you right, most things are about content, which is limited due to limited renders, for sure.

You can visit Dale every week if you win the house competition. So even if you have enough points, probably a bug. If you have some save file with enough points on Friday, we will take a look.
You're welcome! And thanks for your reply.
Indeed, most issues are about content still "missing" or content-related stuff that could be improved from my point of view.
Just to make your game much more engaging, immersive and spicy perhaps :sneaky:

Regarding the weekend skip I had, I've attached you the save file from Friday Night short before the 2nd weekend. From there I went to my room to sleep and woke up Monday morning (when a bathroom scene triggered automatically). In the stats a 2nd win of the house competition had been stated afterwards, but showed still the counted points from the 2nd week on Monday (in the 3rd week). So yeah, it might be a bug. Hope you'll be able to find out and fix this one!

Again, good luck and thanks for all the consideration about my little "input" in advance :)!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bear in the Night

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Hey!

From what I remember when I first started playing it back in 1.2 even IF you won the house competition by just looking at the House's points, you still didn't win the competition. IF that was a mechanic to make the player, shall we say frustrated, to be more determined to win the next week, then I would say GG otherwise if it wasn't then there is an issue with the first week. Still all in all a great game and keep up the great work.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
From what I remember when I first started playing it back in 1.2 even IF you won the house competition by just looking at the House's points, you still didn't win the competition. IF that was a mechanic to make the player, shall we say frustrated, to be more determined to win the next week, then I would say GG otherwise if it wasn't then there is an issue with the first week. Still all in all a great game and keep up the great work.
We had some bugs in previous versions + there was no content in Dale, but now everything should be good. We will take a look, probably something not right again

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
We had some bugs in previous versions + there was no content in Dale, but now everything should be good. We will take a look, probably something not right again
Well then if it was because of no content for Dale at the time, then the game worked as intended for that version and there is no need to look into it now. It was just in the very beginning version(s) of the game that I noticed it. Also, speaking of 1 thing you kind of touched on but seemed like a possible gloss over that I was wondering about. In the battles we always get the "I wonder who is under the mask?" vibe feel when we win a battle and IF we will ever find out?

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
non of the above, not my things also
from page one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but there will probably be harem and pregnancy option, devs comments
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-academy-v0-3-1d-bear-in-the-night.69272/post-5714393

https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-academy-v0-3-1d-bear-in-the-night.69272/page-115#post-6996350
After playing, It's kinda obvious that Samantha and Audrey are in a relationship, alot of droped hints all over the game, this friendship thing is just an excuse. They were going to fuck before Samantha was called by the dean and MC took over to be pretty much humiliated by Audrey, plus.. they were also on a pretty intimate situation on the living room before that.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty obvious. Gotta love thirdwheel situations in VNs, it's pretty common nowadays.

To devs, just have the balls to be upfront about things in your game, don't try to hide stuff just changing one word.

Also, the thread is missing the humiliation tag.

Reactions: Ragnar and Gorse

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Well then if it was because of no content for Dale at the time, then the game worked as intended for that version and there is no need to look into it now. It was just in the very beginning version(s) of the game that I noticed it. Also, speaking of 1 thing you kind of touched on but seemed like a possible gloss over that I was wondering about. In the battles we always get the "I wonder who is under the mask?" vibe feel when we win a battle and IF we will ever find out?
Think so, someday we will change the girl :D

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
After playing, It's kinda obvious that Samantha and Audrey are in a relationship, alot of droped hints all over the game, this friendship thing is just an excuse. They were going to fuck before Samantha was called by the dean and MC took over to be pretty much humiliated by Audrey, plus.. they were also on a pretty intimate situation on the living room before that.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty obvious. Gotta love thirdwheel situations in VNs, it's pretty common nowadays.

To devs, just have the balls to be upfront about things in your game, don't try to hide stuff just changing one word.

Also, the thread is missing the humiliation tag.
yeah they are in relationship and thats not hidden , they are also on path to be in relationship with you, and you can play with them in night scenes, and so that you dont have to worry you also get option to make audrey pure female, or can be chick with dick, tho i doubt you would like that, 2 chicks playing with eachother waiting on you is no problem with me. time will come to join in for some hot threesome sooner or later.

otherwise got also dev here activly participating and listening to all, if you got any likes or dislikes just say , hes paying attention, there was public survey about the game not so long ago , just bout that.

Last edited:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
yeah they are in relationship and thats not hidden
It's not 100% confirmed either tho, they are "friends". What i mean by that is that the writter forgot how to write the word relationship.

2 chicks playing with eachother waiting on you is no problem with me.
To me it is tho, i don't really care if it's a guy/girl/trans. There is so many ways to setup threesomes and to me this is the worst one, it screams thirdwheel.

Thanks anyway, it's not your fault i don't like this kind of content.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
It's not 100% confirmed either tho, they are "friends". What i mean by that is that the writter forgot how to spell relationship.

To me it is tho, i don't really care if it's a guy/girl/trans. There is so many ways to setup threesomes and to me this is the worst one, it screams thirdwheel.

Thanks anyway, it's not your fault i don't like this kind of content.
well for now all i can say you dont see anything from them beside sitting together in the morning on couch, they sleep in separate bed, what future will bring who knows, but so far team is trying to do all things optional, you can have em all or single one, that gona be up to you.
havent done last update yet tho, waiting on scrappy , i know they say its not need it, but habit, so no clue if any content with them there

3.80 star(s) 165 Votes