emma26

Jul 14, 2022
Are you absolutely sure it was uploaded by the developers?
Those usually don't give stuff away for free.
Well 1.8.1d got released on Patreon on 25/1/2023 and posted here soon after (check the forum's first msg), Assuming that was a one time thing, after how many months would 1.9.1 be public? (The "Latest Public Build" link on patreon is still stuck at 0.6.f coz)

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Well 1.8.1d got released on Patreon on 25/1/2023 and posted here soon after (check the forum's first msg), Assuming that was a one time thing, after how many months would 1.9.1 be public? (The "Latest Public Build" link on patreon is still stuck at 0.6.f coz)
And there is your answer. The uploads here are not official and usually not in agreement with the developers.
Sometimes someone uploads a copy right away and sometimes it takes longer.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
uhhh well I thought so because you guys posted it here when 1.8.1d got released...
if you follow the Patreon link you can download the newest version
for free.
ie it's the delta version

you can always download the latest patreon delta version form patreon without being a subscriber for bear in the night.
but then why not be a subscriber, at least on the lowest member level ? ie as novice.

• Angry
Reactions: SPARDA2408

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
if you follow the Patreon link you can download the newest version
for free.
ie it's the delta version

you can always download the latest patreon delta version form patreon without being a subscriber for bear in the night.
but then why not be a subscriber, at least on the lowest member level ? ie as novice.
You can't. It's still "Journeyman" tier.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
That's absolutely fair!! No disagreement there, I was just confused about the public release schedule, like if there is a fixed certain time after which the delta version becomes public for each update.
There are some devs that always have public versions after a certain amount of time. Paradise Lust for example always has a free version after some time. I think that always helps devs to gain some more attention because if people actually start to like the game and want to have faster updates and other extras they might support you on patreon. But I also understand if a dev doesn't want to give updates for free at all.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
That's absolutely fair!! No disagreement there, I was just confused about the public release schedule, like if there is a fixed certain time after which the delta version becomes public for each update.
There are some devs that always have public versions after a certain amount of time. Paradise Lust for example always has a free version after some time. I think that always helps devs to gain some more attention because if people actually start to like the game and want to have faster updates and other extras they might support you on patreon. But I also understand if a dev doesn't want to give updates for free at all.
Yeah, but we stop giving our game for free, so the latest free version was 0.6.1f.
We also stopped doing this due to Steam releases.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Yeah, but we stop giving our game for free, so the latest free version was 0.6.1f.
We also stopped doing this due to Steam releases.
Completely understandable. There are always some marketing choices that make more sense in different situations and it's not like someone has to pay like 60 bugs to play all the content of your game. You're always allowed to pay once, download the current version and stop the support after one month if you can't afford any longer or simply don't want to.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I basically only come here to see the current status, don't care about update schedules at all and will buy the GOG version of season 2 once it's available.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Dear witches and wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate.
Here's a little dirty joke to cheer you up:
What do hobbit girls like about their men?
Tips and toes.
Most of us use centimeters, so if you're wondering - it's roughly 25cm.

Okay, dick measurements aside, we have a lot of things to discuss.

Let's start with the freshest release: Lust Academy v1.9.1d is a minor update that aims to improve your game experience by dealing with bugs and faulty writing.
As always, you can find the details in the post:
And if you're here for the news about the development process, here is the list:
  • Finished 79 new renders with Haley, Jaina, Samantha, and Dakota.
  • Retouched 68 renders to add an exclusive magical atmosphere!
  • Finished dialogues for Elijah's storyline for version 1.10.1.
  • Finished dialogues for Willow's storyline for version 1.10.1.
  • Finished Sabrina's storyline for version 1.11.1.
  • Finished re-writing dialogues in old scenes.
Well, that's it for this week's update. Thank you for your attention and interest in our project. Together, we're making Lust Academy better with each update!

Sincerely,
Bear in the Night

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
You can't. It's still "Journeyman" tier.
sorry you are wrong there, Adept membership and up you can be a bata tester for the game, the delta version is the update where they believe they have removed all the bug's and bad grammar.
Adept membership is cheaper then Jourenyman.
also it's Bear in the Night's choice is they wish to keep releasing free update's,
i didn't know that they had stopped, but then i'm a supporting member.
I also let them know on Discord when I find bug's.
However i don't bother reporting grammar mistakes because they can be funny, and well, i leave the large number of grammar mistakes are for others to report.

Last edited:

hazyfire

Sep 11, 2018
sorry you are wrong there, Adept membership and up you can be a bata tester for the game, the delta version is the update where they believe they have removed all the bug's and bad grammar.
Adept membership is cheaper then Jourenyman.
also it's Bear in the Night's choice is they wish to keep releasing free update's,
i didn't know that they had stopped, but then i'm a supporting member.
I also let them know on Discord when I find bug's.
However i don't bother reporting grammar mistakes because they can be funny, and well, i leave the large number of grammar mistakes are for others to report.
Adept is $15 and journeyman is $10

Source:
his patreon lol
l-acad.png

3.80 star(s) 165 Votes