Raizel101

Nov 11, 2023
Offtopic, but can someone please tell me that do we really need to download the whole game each time an update comes? Is it not possible to download "update only" ??

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Most pics and animations are stored in the same archive file. Sure, it would be possible to split. If someone has the time and patience to do that, go ahead.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Dear Witches & Wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!
But first, here's a silly dad joke to put a smile on your face:
How do you organize a magical party?
You spell it out!

And what can accompany a joke better than a bunch of good news? The big one, of course, is the release ofLust Academy 3.6.1b - beta version:
But that's not everything we have for you! What DevUpdate goes without a list of new things we've done for Lust Academy? Certainly not ours!
  • Finished 59 renders with Haley, Victoria, Dakota and Elijah for version 3.7.1
  • Retouched 70 renders to maximize their magical atmosphere
  • Finished 8 amazing 60fps animations for version 3.7.1
  • Finished basics for atmospheric sound design for version 3.7.1
  • Finished planning main storyline for version 3.7.1
  • Finished proofreading version 3.4.1 to improve overall quality of the dialogues.

That's it for today! Stay tuned for more information, and have a great week!

Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

Reactions: Perebaca

Dudush666

May 13, 2020
when downloading the game, I expected the worst...

I liked Wednesday and Hermione... but there's nothing since Wednesday yet... what is it, Hogwarts who's over 30?.. Well, okay... 25... well, 20 sometimes... In short, old women for Harry Potter ...

sleeping sex seems to be there, but it doesn't seem to be... 4 women are sleeping, 2 women can be given in the mouth, 2 can not, one here to touch, the other there... it is impossible to have sex with sleeping girls in short, only blowjob ...

anal was so far only with Hermione, maybe there are others, in general anal is present...

sandbox... there is a choice at the beginning of the sandbox or VN... how can a sandbox be played as an VN?.. maybe it's just a VN disguised as a sandbox?.. It's more like the truth...

a story... I didn't get into it... Strangely enough, but in the game I love the gameplay and only then the plot... I slapped Hermione's ass, and she started flirting with me... She didn't punch me in the face, didn't run away, didn't even yell at me... after a couple of meetings, she was no longer against intimacy... why?.. I don't know... just like that...

[S3 v3.4.1d + S2 1.12.1d] yes... I understand only one thing [v1.0] this is a completed game, but the developers certainly know better... 3 years... well, apparently in 3 more years you can see what happened here, if they don't give up...
photo1701935697.jpeg

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
So, in S1 the money bug is from the game, or the mod? I work in the cafeteria, I get +35 yet the money in the app stays at 0.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Brah Bear in the Night , if you allow the players to play both routes at the same time, make sure the MC doesn't have amnesia about the stuff he knows about Audrey for half her route. Its goofy as fuck the MC being clueless for many conversations then all of a sudden you remember that he is supposed to know about it and add a dialogue change. :FacePalm:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
My main critique about the game is the dialogue. At times it feels either really stilted or really inorganic. Other times, it doesn't make sense or has quite a few grammar mistakes.

It's nothing terrible, but does become increasingly obvious and sometimes awkward the longer you play.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Brah Bear in the Night , if you allow the players to play both routes at the same time, make sure the MC doesn't have amnesia about the stuff he knows about Audrey for half her route. Its goofy as fuck the MC being clueless for many conversations then all of a sudden you remember that he is supposed to know about it and add a dialogue change. :FacePalm:
Haley forgot her first time with the MC and had another one later on. Consistency is not the best thing on here.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
sandbox... there is a choice at the beginning of the sandbox or VN... how can a sandbox be played as an VN?.. maybe it's just a VN disguised as a sandbox?.. It's more like the truth...
Wh not? Sure, there are some gameplay elements missing like the mini games, bt if you take all story scenes of a sandbox game and play them in a certain order, you got a VN.

Dudush666

May 13, 2020
Wh not? Sure, there are some gameplay elements missing like the mini games, bt if you take all story scenes of a sandbox game and play them in a certain order, you got a VN.
one excludes the other... the freedom of action of the sandbox and the linearity of the VN... then what is the point of a sandbox if you don't change anything as a result of all your actions?.. grind for grind's sake, what would you like to see a piece of VN?.. in such games, it probably is, but that doesn't make them sandboxes...
:HideThePain:

itsnottme

Mar 31, 2018
In season 2 why does the mod suggest to say no to Amelie (the first time she talk about teaching mc about BDSM)? Seems that this choice will just skip scenes with her, Am I missing something?

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, S1 has some problems with that, sometimes even S2. But we getting better on this with S3 :D

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
My main critique about the game is the dialogue. At times it feels either really stilted or really inorganic. Other times, it doesn't make sense or has quite a few grammar mistakes.

It's nothing terrible, but does become increasingly obvious and sometimes awkward the longer you play.
Even S3?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
one excludes the other... the freedom of action of the sandbox and the linearity of the VN... then what is the point of a sandbox if you don't change anything as a result of all your actions?.. grind for grind's sake, what would you like to see a piece of VN?.. in such games, it probably is, but that doesn't make them sandboxes...
Just described how to change one into the other. Freedom of choice into linearity.

Sandbox does not mean you have many choices (that you have in VNs as well, choices don't make them sandbox games), but that you can decide where to go and what to do next.

And why grind? There are sandbox games without any grind (House Party, Man of the House). Everything in them is event based. The only thing to grind in this game is money and house points to unlock weekend events.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I don't see a contradiction here at all. In a VN, you have a story, told in a particular order, with choices along the way that dictate various things about how that story plays out. In a sandbox game, you can choose which parts of the story to pursue, and in what order, with the addition of other things like mini games to do.

I'm not arguing this particular game does a perfect job of balancing the two, but they can absolutely coexist.

Reactions: Nemo56

Dudush666

May 13, 2020
What is a Sandbox Game?
A sandbox game is a type of immersive that encourages players to explore and interact with a virtual environment. The objective of a sandbox game is for the player to learn about the game’s features, mechanics, and limitations through trial and error.
Sandbox games are typically open-ended and can be characterized by the following elements:
  • Players are free to explore the game at their own pace and engage with in any order they choose.
  • Players are encouraged to experiment and discover different ways to interact with the game world.
  • There is no definitive endpoint or “win” condition. The focus is simply on interaction.
Sandbox vs Linear Games
Traditional linear video games have pre-programmed paths that players have to follow in order to win (or beat) the game. In contrast, sandbox video games give players the ability to experiment, and the concept of winning is irrelevant.

Just described how to change one into the other. Freedom of choice into linearity.

Sandbox does not mean you have many choices (that you have in VNs as well, choices don't make them sandbox games), but that you can decide where to go and what to do next.

And why grind? There are sandbox games without any grind (House Party, Man of the House). Everything in them is event based. The only thing to grind in this game is money and house points to unlock weekend events.
House Party, Man of the House... These games are not sandboxes... In your opinion, apparently any game that is not an VN is a sandbox... No, it's not like that...

I don't see a contradiction here at all. In a VN, you have a story, told in a particular order, with choices along the way that dictate various things about how that story plays out. In a sandbox game, you can choose which parts of the story to pursue, and in what order, with the addition of other things like mini games to do.

I'm not arguing this particular game does a perfect job of balancing the two, but they can absolutely coexist.
everyone is crazy about these VN... they are made, they are loved, and some are also trying to disguise their VN as a sandbox... and it turns out to be disgusting... as a result, you grind to see the VN... Both sandbox and VN cannot be compatible... because it's warm and cold, + and -...
and for this site it's probably normal... anal without anal, sleeping sex without sleeping sex, sandbox without sandbox and the ubiquitous VN... they are even where it is not indicated that the game is VN...
566161610.jpg

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
"In your opinion, apparently any game that is not an VN is a sandbox "
You should talk about your opinion and not about mine. Actually I see them more as adventure style games, but they are called sandbox games. And I accept that.

According to the definition you posted there are no sandbox games. No game that was ever made (so far) ever meets what you described, starting with the fact that it's impossible to have unlimited opportunities in a limited system. Each opportunity has to be created by someone. ALL so called sandbox games are limited, no matter if VN or not. The only question is where we draw the line, when you acceppt that there are enough opportunities to call it sandbox. Also there's no game that's truely open ended. Sure, you can quit the game after 20 minutes and you have an open ending, but a open end that's actually an end of any kind can't exist.

You know what everyone means when there's talk about adult sandbox games. This game has a sandbox mode. You can accept that or not, but there is no point in discussing it. Lectures won't change that.

But if you ever find a true sandbox game that actually has unlimited opportunities, make sure to let me know.

ps: Increaing the font size does not make a post more intersting or important or true, just more annoying.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 165 Votes