4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
I'm not feigning ignorance of contract law or copyright issues with my argument. They definitely did not have their respective lawyers go through their paperwork as the project was imo informally/casually planned. If so, there would have been proper contract validity tenures, renewal terms, dissolution clauses.

I'm assuming since the dev, Joanna didn't want to be shelling money out of her own pocket for Javier, they agreed to some sort of partnership. The entire deal clung onto the fact that Javier would not have "issues" moving forward.

In this case, the dissolution clause would have worked in a way such that if Javier (or Joanna) decides to terminate the partnership prematurely, they would ideally have to forfeit their share granted that the income they've received was over $xxxx. Why? Because the project faces sufficient downtime and a very long pause in the process of accomodating for a new developer/designer.

I'm not taking the dev's side either but in this case, its clearly Javier in the wrong. The downtime (due to this whole fiasco), extra expenses (I assume Javier is still being paid a % of earnings for the work on C5), and the fact that Joanna now has to pay a second designer out of her share to re-design the entire game all sums down to one thing - Javier terminating the contract prematurely and using his share as a bargaining chip to ask for royalties of a project he willingly chose to leave, knowing that it would cause serious downtime issues for the project (and revenue issues, you can just look at the drop in patrons due to the inactivity).

So yeah, not going to explain further but you can thank Javier for the fact that this project's last update was half a year ago. By this time, C6 would have been released and C7 would be in development.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I'm not taking the dev's side either but in this case, its clearly Javier in the wrong. The downtime (due to this whole fiasco), extra expenses (I assume Javier is still being paid a % of earnings for the work on C5), and the fact that Joanna now has to pay a second designer out of her share to re-design the entire game all sums down to one thing - Javier terminating the contract prematurely and using his share as a bargaining chip to ask for royalties of a project he willingly chose to leave, knowing that it would cause serious downtime issues for the project (and revenue issues, you can just look at the drop in patrons due to the inactivity).

So yeah, not going to explain further but you can thank Javier for the fact that this project's last update was half a year ago. By this time, C6 would have been released and C7 would be in development.
C5 was promised for October or November last year and it was supposed to still have Javier's art, because he had everything done by October already. The delay isn't his fault, which was confirmed by himself and on Patreon. So maybe they should get it together, release C5 already and move on from his art, if they don't want to keep paying him royalties.
The only content output since the last update were teasers for the new art, which makes it seem like the artists are the only people really working on the project.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
I've seen online photos of Alice getting masturbating and also another scene getting it on in the library. Are those out yet in the current version?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I really liked the previous art :cry:
I just don't understand why he left though. They had so much support and potential. This game may have some serious inconsistency issues in the future.
Put simply, Javier, the previous main artist, became "uncomfortable" creating erotic art for the game aside from the whole money drama he put on Red. He'll be moving on soon so that he can enjoy doing other things. His art in the game will eventually be replaced. The replacement artist seems to be doing a fine job so far per what we've seen on Patreon. It also allows the game to stay alive instead of being scrubbed after Javier leaves. So there is that.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes