4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Question: Did you find a lot of similar language mistakes with other characters in this game, or was it just limited to Bonnie primarily? If they were everywhere, it's obviously a translation problem with the developer. If it's mostly Bonnie, did you consider that the developer has deliberately portrayed her that way? Consider what kind of character Bonnie is. I never pictured her as a candidate for a Nobel Prize for Literature. Of course if Desmond speaks that way, the developer has a problem.

I don't want to generalize here, but have you listened to how some college students speak? If you watch sports, listen to the interviews. Many college athletes are quite literate; others are... like Bonnie!

For that matter, I have been tortured on many occasions by watching TV anchors (college-educated every one of them) botch the English language.
I did not find that translation problem elsewhere in the game - not even for Bonnie.
It was just half-way through a scene where suddenly there were minor problems that just as suddenly escalated to major problems, getting worse and worse until it was bad enough that I stopped playing.

Reactions: Walter Victor

CluelessDork

Mar 6, 2020
When I read the recent complaints I got curious and tried the "old" version.
You are right, the art there was remarkable.
I seem to be a minority, but outside the sex CGs, the old art was hilariously mediocre. Tom, my fav, looked so dopey haha. The character sprites are so much better now, and I love the close up comic effects, but that's just my subjective opinion. Wish there was more sex, as Tom's sex-forwardness cooled down.

I do agree complaining about it is a waste and either hop on board or leave.

shootinstar

Jul 15, 2021
did the artstyle change again? and by that i didn't mean the old art with a completely different style. i mean the one from c1r to now c2r. i noticed her boobs got smaller, the sweater is more purple pink (not hot pink), and MC's red hair is now more brown. i'm using mac by the way and downloaded it from patreon

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 09.17.42.png

edit:
yeah i think i'm done with this game. the slow updates when it's mostly a rework from their previous work (not something they start from scratch), another change of artstyle (i understand the previous one because there's an issue with the artist and the game creator. but what about the one from C1R to C2R?? feels unnecessary AF). and this right here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
why the fuck is my MC smiling when she's supposed to feel disgusted and pissed off dealing with this BS??????
i remember it wasn't this bad when i played C1R few months ago
i'm done. fucking whatever.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
did the artstyle change again? and by that i didn't mean the old art with a completely different style. i mean the one from c1r to now c2r. i noticed her boobs got smaller, the sweater is more purple pink (not hot pink), and MC's red hair is now more brown. i'm using mac by the way and downloaded it from patreon

View attachment 2312017
Yes art changed slightly from C1R, her pink top is less flashy and less bland

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
why the fuck is my MC smiling when she's supposed to feel disgusted and pissed off dealing with this BS??????
It looks more like a smirk than a smile to me.

Regardless, I seriously hope you find another game you like. There are hundreds out there.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
New art and slow pace of dev are 2 things. New art you like it or not, personal taste. But the slow pace of dev is more objective, and for a rework I think it takes too much time.
I couldn't agree more. Granted, searching a qualified and suitable new artist is not an easy task. But with a new and willing one available the whole process of bringing the game back on track shouldn't really take longer than the original game's development. Also the changes of characters and the addition of new ones didn't really improve the game compared to the old one.
Frankly I am quite disappointed with the direction Lust Campus is heading...

Dec 4, 2022

View attachment 2312017

edit:
yeah i think i'm done with this game. the slow updates when it's mostly a rework from their previous work (not something they start from scratch), another change of artstyle (i understand the previous one because there's an issue with the artist and the game creator. but what about the one from C1R to C2R?? feels unnecessary AF). and this right here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah better find another game , there so many out there . I'm done with this one too, the art isn't as good as the old one plus the slow pace , even if there will be a miracle that this game won't be abandon , I bet it will take 3 -5 years before this will have some satisfying content

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Suddenly making a fuss about not wanting to draw lewd scenes when they initially agreed to do so is unprofessional at best.
The old artist didn't quit because he didn't want to draw lewd scenes but because there was money disagreement.

Edit:
I've finally played this new version and I think it's time to quit (at least for a long while). The art style is good (although significantly worse than the previous one) but since it's custom drawn it still takes a long, long time to make new scenes and the game is just too short and new updates aren't frequent enough. To compensate for that the dev decided to add some sandbox elements which is even worse (although it does prolong the time we're playing the game). What a Legend has similar problem but it's way better in every way and it does have much, much more content so I can live with it.

Edit 2:
Even in final version there is a bug where we return to the scene where Sophie plays with the vibrator.

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Yeah better find another game , there so many out there . I'm done with this one too, the art isn't as good as the old one plus the slow pace , even if there will be a miracle that this game won't be abandon , I bet it will take 3 -5 years before this will have some satisfying content
I disagree about the art but you are on point, It's going to take the dev years to finish the game or at the least get it in gear.
Just not worth to follow the progress, even least worth being a patron.

Reactions: Sombramain22
Dec 4, 2022
The old artist didn't quit because he didn't want to draw lewd scenes but because there was money disagreement.

Edit:
I've finally played this new version and I think it's time to quit (at least for a long while). The art style is good (although significantly worse than the previous one) but since it's custom drawn it still takes a long, long time to make new scenes and the game is just too short and new updates aren't frequent enough. To compensate for that the dev decided to add some sandbox elements which is even worse (although it does prolong the time we're playing the game). What a Legend has similar problem but it's way better in every way and it does have much, much more content so I can live with it.

Edit 2:
Even in final version there is a bug where we return to the scene where Sophie plays with the vibrator.
Right ! And with that issue , I don't think this game will last long anyway

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
Well, on itch is written that updates are releasing every 2-3 months, but is that true? Anyway, I wish the developer to complete the game and I hope she will continue making games and not be discouraged by negative comments.

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Well, on itch is written that updates are releasing every 2-3 months, but is that true? Anyway, I wish the developer to complete the game and I hope she will continue making games and not be discouraged by negative comments.
It might have been true for the old version of the game, but definitely no longer true.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
If you just pretend that the game development ended when the original artist quit, and ignore the game from here on out, maybe you will be happier.

The situation is what the situation is. Moaning about what isn't happening doesn't help and isn't a good look.
neither moaning about imaginary moaning. get off of your high horse and touch some grass.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes