4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
The siblings Tom and Lei seems to be asian or half asian. Or do you mean specifically with a black dude ?
I meant with the black professor. Just played through this, and it was AMAZING. This renders are excellent, and the story is pretty well written. Can't wait to see what's in store for this one

• Love
Reactions: Amnios

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
I meant with the black professor. Just played through this, and it was AMAZING. This renders are excellent, and the story is pretty well written. Can't wait to see what's in store for this one
I hope so, I'm also counting on landlord, I can't stand Tom.

dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
Just came across this today, and wow... if this quality can be kept up throughout, and it keeps delivering updates on a regular schedule, this could be an all-timer.

And to build off the art, I really love the facial expressions. Especially Alice, but everyone in the game has really great range in their face art.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Darren-expresion (1).jpg

Meet the characters: Darren

Introverted and socially incompetent, Darren is the lovable nerd from Lust Campus.
Darren is the opposite of Tom: almost unable to talk to women, he would rather hide with his headphones and go unnoticed. He's one of the smartest students in the class, almost a walking Wikipedia, but he doesn't have too many friends.

But ... How will Darren evolve during the story? Will his possible friendship with Alice affect the way he sees the world?
What we do know is that he is hiding something about Lei ... But whatever it is, why not use it against her so she can leave him alone?

We still have a lot to discover about our little nerd, and I already warn you that he'll be a character that you'll see a lot!
It'll be up to you whether this underdog keeps hiding or finds his own voice. And I'm sure he has a lot of interesting things to say.

* Bonus: little introduction to the archetype of the nerd. *

Yes, he corresponds to the geek prototype. But this type of character has evolved a lot throughout history. Originally "geek" was demonized to people who without having a birth deformity voluntarily performed extravagant acts to participated in circus performances (such as biting the heads of live chickens).
In the cinema, these types of characters would find themselves as an extra character that everyone laughs at and who gives the point to the plot (like the one in "Greasse"). The viewer was not intended to empathize with him, he was someone to humiliate and feel disgusted.

Little by little the character of the "nerd" has evolved, gaining more and more prominence, first in comic characters who implied that their nature was wrong (as in the movie "The nutty professor"), and later opting for roles with more arc of evolution (as in "The breakfast club").
The movie "The revenge of the nerds" would be a key point to completely overturn the prototype of the nerd. Here the characters are not just "nerd" but are proud of it.

From all this we have many reference characters, which isn't surprising in a society where everyone controls computers, Game of Thrones or Star Wars, children want to be gamers, etc. The world has changed and now the nerds have slowly found their place.

Burn85

May 25, 2018
It's great! If everything goes in the same style, if it does not slip into trite and stupid, then this game may turn out better than my favorite Good Girl Gone Bad and Our Red String! I really hope for it.
The drawing is great! The plot is still very high quality. Good descriptions. I really hope that the main character can remain a normal person all the way. Let curious cases happen, let there be some kind of metamorphosis. But there must be a CHOICE.
The game must be released on Steam! I will buy. I can't use Patreon, but I've already supported my favorite developer, PhillyGames.
This would be pre-ordered 100%

Last edited:

Oxymoron98

Sep 22, 2018
Please dont go the high life route....Please dont go the high life route....Please dont go the high life route....

But this is definitely one of my favorite starts ever. The art is *chef kiss*. Absolutely nothing is better than that handdrawn/2d art style when its done as good as this. the writing is superb. The characters and the world feels lively. Big Props Dev.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
lei diagrama.jpeg

Make them move!

These are all the pieces that make up Lei's sprite!
Yes, they're a lot.

Each character is divided into many independent pieces. This allows us to make changes in expressions, gestures or aesthetics with freedom (which doesn't mean without work). The other way around, the more pieces a sprite has, the more complicated (I don't want to say an expletive, this is a public post and I have to control myself) is to animate them later. But with this we get the characters to have the fresh and alive look that you have seen in C1.

We try not to limit ourselves to just making a couple of gestures and a minimum of expressions: we want our characters to be able to express themselves well so that you can understand them better and feel closer to them. Throughout the following chapters you'll not only see new characters, but the existing ones will be enriched each time with more pieces and possible changes. A dress here, a change of hairstyle there, that gesture so necessary for the scene...

Oh, do you hear that noise? That sound it's Javier's moans of despair trying to do all the necessary material for chapter 2.
*We'll explain better the whole process of semi animation of the sprites in one of the post about the art that we have prepared, for those who are interested.

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes