VN Ren'Py Lust Campus [C3 Final] [RedLolly]

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
why start redoing everything in the middle, ya know? Why not finish the thing and then start the reworking
Because she does not have the rights to the used art anymore. So the only other option would have been to "start" the game at chapter 6 and present the past with a short intro-story.

I completely understand the anger about the "delays", but at least this aspect is completly understandable from the creators point of view.

thewanderingperson

Feb 14, 2022
The last time I checked this game, it still had the old art. Now checking on it again to see if Darren has some development. I’m glad to see the new art work for the game and I think I’ll keep myself updated on this game once again.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
The last time I checked this game, it still had the old art. Now checking on it again to see if Darren has some development. I’m glad to see the new art work for the game and I think I’ll keep myself updated on this game once again.
yeah good luck with waiting, try to come back sometime in 2025 for eventual update

Its not dead, but its hard to say its alive really. Its like a zombie project that occaisionally lurches forward now and again.
more like vampire. it is dead but still sucking money out of patrons

lordrango

Aug 29, 2018
I don't know... It started strong, I really, really liked the art, but somehow got more boring as new content was introduced - I am talking prior to new art.

New art is not a problem for me, but characters somehow got more uninteresting the more they developed.

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
Don't know how I just discovered this game. It's really great. So if with the whole reboot thing, which version should I be playing now? The one to Chapter 5 or one of the earlier ones?

misterbaobab

Aug 29, 2017
Don't know how I just discovered this game. It's really great. So if with the whole reboot thing, which version should I be playing now? The one to Chapter 5 or one of the earlier ones?
They are like 2 different embodiments of the same story by different devs, so you can play both) Ch 5 has better graphics and more content, but it was abandoned. Remake has less content and slightly diffent story.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
They are like 2 different embodiments of the same story by different devs, so you can play both) Ch 5 has better graphics and more content, but it was abandoned. Remake has less content and slightly diffent story.
Less content overall, but more content than the original run had through two chapters.

This is just a general aside and not directed at you specifically.
I know there is a lot of complaining about how long the remake is taking, and there is some legitimacy to those complaints. It probably shouldn't take as along as it has been considering the ground work that is already laid. BUT the amount of content per chapter is up, the code is cleaner than it was previously, the characters are better developed, and dialogue also flows better. Serious improvements are being made, and for anyone that wants to counter with "but the artwork" yes, objectively the previous artwork was "better" but the new artwork isn't exactly poor quality, and their are far more scenes and poses that the characters take which does add a significant amount of time.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Less content overall, but more content than the original run had through two chapters.

This is just a general aside and not directed at you specifically.
I know there is a lot of complaining about how long the remake is taking, and there is some legitimacy to those complaints. It probably shouldn't take as along as it has been considering the ground work that is already laid. BUT the amount of content per chapter is up, the code is cleaner than it was previously, the characters are better developed, and dialogue also flows better. Serious improvements are being made, and for anyone that wants to counter with "but the artwork" yes, objectively the previous artwork was "better" but the new artwork isn't exactly poor quality, and their are far more scenes and poses that the characters take which does add a significant amount of time.
I agree with almost everything you say, other than "yes, objectively the previous artwork was 'better'". This statement cannot be true, as art quality is inherently subjective, so someone's artwork cannot be objectively better than someone else's. You might like it better, even most people might like it better, this does not make it objectively better.

I, for one, prefer the new artist over the old. We can disagree on this, and that's fine, but it comes down to personal taste.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I agree with almost everything you say, other than "yes, objectively the previous artwork was 'better'". This statement cannot be true, as art quality is inherently subjective, so someone's artwork cannot be objectively better than someone else's. You might like it better, even most people might like it better, this does not make it objectively better.

I, for one, prefer the new artist over the old. We can disagree on this, and that's fine, but it comes down to personal taste.
The quotation marks around better would imply that it is someone else's opinion, and not mine. I for one like the new art style better as well.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
"yes, objectively the previous artwork was 'better'". This statement cannot be true, as art quality is inherently subjective, so someone's artwork cannot be objectively better than someone else's.
Well, I should post some art here then you would see that my art definitly and objectively sucks agains any of the others ;) . But yeah, of course, from a certain amount upwards, the "good" lies in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: DisturbedMan

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
now 1 or 2 months waiting until final version and i can come back here at easter 2024 to see progress of c4
i wrote that post on june 20th 2023. March 31, 2024 is less than two months from us... hate being right with my joke.
i really really can't understand people financing this idle, leasure time. whoever think that throwing her more money will make her work harder should think again. not only this dev but many devs with high number of supporters started to follow pattern of 1 or 2 updates per year.
also i really don't understand why so much time is needed. most of the game uses default backgrounds of several locations and generic characters in 2-3 positions are talking. no angle changes - 1 room - 1 background - 1 pov and generic character is added - hands up, hands on hips, slight mood changes on face

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
She posted a new teaser of chapter 4. Cant Eva help the dev somehow with the progress?

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
She posted a new teaser of chapter 4. Cant Eva help the dev somehow with the progress?
What I don't get: If you have a hard time developing and missing every deadline: Why make those progress-post only for the higher tiers? If I am on schedule and deliver good stuff, I can start to take a little more money from enthusiasts. But if I fail to deliver, I should do as much as I can to please the remaining followers with interesting posts.

And no, Eva cannot do much, I think: She is under very much pressure herself (even though she delivers good and plenty).

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes