Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
okay lil update with how things are going
few msg exchange on patron the dev most definitely will ban me if i release .3 i mentioned that i was not sharing her original Russian game, just the English translated version to which she had no time or plans todo english version so not taking her original targeted patrons so not costing her subscribers but that moot point though she did sayif she allows me to continue there be certain stipulations i must agree too. first of course no sharing the russian the second it can be released 1 version behind so if i do .3 I couldn't release it till official .4 is released. I never replied more just deciding do i Keep my patronage and follow her requests or do i let it go....or do i defy and get banned.... curious on everyone's thoughts and yes the dev has account here and can see the thread doubt they'll answer anything i think its to watch
as i said before, she is shooting herself in the foot, you are only bringing in more potential patreons you are taking nothing away from her. she should be thanking you, not punishing you.. however she seems determained in her ways, how ever stupid they are, so i would decide if i wanted to support her still in your case, if you do i would agree to her terms, and release one version behind. its not like there is alot who would get the english version that know how to read cyrilic anyway. so we be one month behind, nothing big on the larger scale and she may even get some english patreons to support her work. personaly however i would'nt waste my time with her game with that attitude though, but its all on you :)

boltar

Jun 26, 2017
few msg exchange on patron the dev most definitely will ban me if i release .3 i mentioned that i was not sharing her original Russian game, just the English translated version to which she had no time or plans todo english version so not taking her original targeted patrons so not costing her subscribers but that moot point though she did sayif she allows me to continue there be certain stipulations i must agree too. first of course no sharing the russian the second it can be released 1 version behind so if i do .3 I couldn't release it till official .4 is released. I never replied more just deciding do i Keep my patronage and follow her requests or do i let it go....or do i defy and get banned.... curious on everyone's thoughts and yes the dev has account here and can see the thread doubt they'll answer anything i think its to watch
if her game gets popular, websites who make money referring you to upload, keep2share will just make fake accounts, patron then upload it. this ban may work on you but it won't for others. its to bad she doesn't want to team up with you to help expand her patrons to english speakers. thanks for your work regardless of your decision.

Sleepy0703

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah if she is adamant on those terms and not willing to budge then just releasing the updates after the next has been uploaded isn't terrible. Not sure why the way it's being handled now is a problem but maybe she only wants her patreons to have access to new releases, and if that's the case it makes a little more sense. I wouldn't go against her and upload anyway because that's just a sure fire way to stop any and all updates.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
This is why you don't use the same patreon name as on a pirate site lol.

Unless you're me, of course.

xןʞ

Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Realized you're the only one using english I guess.

(also for a country who's entire economy is pretty much based off of grifting and piracy/hacking you would think these Russian devs would be more interested in making money than putting stupid DRM in their games or locking them off to the least amount of viewers as possible)

Kilo657

Mar 11, 2018
I personally think she shouldn't have a problem, I mean you are promoting her game so....

xןʞ

Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah honestly I would've definitely pledged if it had an official english version, since game is pretty sweet.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I'd say she's just too full of herself. The choice is up to you, but i would've never translate someone's work and bring her patrons etc. if dev showing her teeth at me like that. Her stance is may be kinda understandable in some way, but ridiculous nonetheless. You do have a fairly big audience here though, so that's something to think about. Probably following her demands is a better option in a long run for this situation.

(also for a country who's entire economy is pretty much based off of grifting and piracy/hacking you would think these Russian devs would be more interested in making money than putting stupid DRM in their games or locking them off to the least amount of viewers as possible)
Is this sarcasm or something? And also, like she said "it's not for money". As far as i see, she just doesn't seem to care about english speaking people's opinion at all. Especially from pirate forum. And i doubt she will after that incident.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
I might of supported this game It's pretty good! but I don't support autistic developers like this I mean I never even heard of this game until it was relased here in English.

I mean maybe you can explain to her and, I know it will be difficult, that the more English releases there is the more chance of her support going up see if you can get the almonds flowing on that mindfuck.

_Aid_

Jun 26, 2018
Was fun to read.
As I said before, the release and translation of my game without my permission - for me is tantamount to an insult. And growing subscribers do not cancel this. Is it strange for you all to see people who have principles? Who not only care about money? Poor thing.
And deleting my message will not change anything. If I'll see there 0.3, at the time of its release, you will be banned. Just like all subscribers, who will publish it elsewhere. And if I'll end up with only one or 0 patrons, so be it. Thats all.

Tarock

Feb 21, 2018
Then why don't you give him permission to tranclate the game and you release it then. I love your game and i can't read, write or even understand Russian.

PLEASE :heartcoveredeyes:

_Aid_

Jun 26, 2018
Because he did not even try to contact me. He just did it. If he asked me first, I would offer him conditions on which he could do it. But, he just thought that I will not look in here. But i DO know everything, and about everyone who is publishing my game, makes reviews on it on YouTube, and so on...

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
Was fun to read.
As I said before, the release and translation of my game without my permission - for me is tantamount to an insult. And growing subscribers do not cancel this. Is it strange for you all to see people who have principles? Who not only care about money? Poor thing.
And deleting my message will not change anything. If I'll see there 0.3, at the time of its release, you will be banned. Just like all subscribers, who will publish it elsewhere. And if I'll end up with only one or 0 patrons, so be it. Thats all.
you are fully intitled to your opinion, and your principles. i dont think having a different opinion is the same as having no principles as you apparently do, but i do honestly think you are shooting yourself in the foot. even if you take the money aspect out of it.. because without an english translation there is no (or very few) non russian audience for your game. even with money not being a goal (and i absolutly admire that) i would asume audience and artistic praise would be. and allso on these fronts you are deliberatly crippeling yourself. if you dont want an unsanctioned english version the simple solution is to sanction it. i cant for the life of me understand why you dont want a free english translation, or even work with him to make a good english version, unless you simply hate everybody in the world that does not read cyrilic. its not lack of principle, its lack of understanding your reasoning. :)

Reactions: Tarock

Tarock

Feb 21, 2018
i
you are fully intitled to your opinion, and your principles. i dont think having a different opinion is the same as having no principles as you apparently do, but i do honestly think you are shooting yourself in the foot. even if you take the money aspect out of it.. because without an english translation there is no (or very few) non russian audience for your game. even with money not being a goal (and i absolutly admire that) i would asume audience and artistic praise would be. and allso on these fronts you are deliberatly crippeling yourself. if you dont want an unsanctioned english version the simple solution is to sanction it. i cant for the life of me understand why you dont want a free english translation, or even work with him to make a good english version, unless you simply hate everybody in the world that does not read cyrilic. its not lack of principle, its lack of understanding your reasoning. :)
I 2nd. that
If would like that your game be tranclated, than talk with him now under your conditions.

_Aid_

Jun 26, 2018
None of those people who publish my game did not try to contact me first. Why should I try to contact someone, do something for something that I'm not interested in? The game was originally conceived as an exclusive Russian. And if someone wants to translate and release the game for other countries, why does not he do anything for it? He's just pirating, hoping that I will not notice anything.

Tarock

Feb 21, 2018
The game was originally conceived as an exclusive Russian.
Why only Russian when you can get more audiance otherwise?

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
None of those people who publish my game did not try to contact me first. Why should I try to contact someone, do something for something that I'm not interested in? The game was originally conceived as an exclusive Russian. And if someone wants to translate and release the game for other countries, why does not he do anything for it? He's just pirating, hoping that I will not notice anything.
i think the easy answer is that pretty much all devs wouldnt have a problem with it. you see in these forums there are tons of devs commenting on their own games, offering advice and even uploading their games. there could be so many reasons why he didnt ask, you will have to ask him about it, but since he is not releasing your original cyrilic version, i dont think that he personaly thought he was doing any harm, only helping you. that seems pretty apparent when you look at his posts... but even if you got off on the wrong foot, why dont you just fix it now. why hold a grudge?. no matter which way you look at it, an english version can only help you, right. so i would work with him, not against him. but thats just my opinion. its your game and i (even though you might not think so) respect that, i just dont understand you.

Reactions: Tarock
4.90 star(s) 7 Votes