scizzer12

Oct 31, 2019
More bugs to report. I would normally send these via DM since no reasonable person would discover them so there's no risk of double reporting but apparently I'm shy on the post requirement for that (fair tbh).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for why I checked all them... I'm not sure really. Just had a compulsion. Hopefully it's helpful.

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Are there any new bad ends this update?
Not yet, but there'll be some coming soon with desert!

More bugs to report. I would normally send these via DM since no reasonable person would discover them so there's no risk of double reporting but apparently I'm shy on the post requirement for that (fair tbh).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for why I checked all them... I'm not sure really. Just had a compulsion. Hopefully it's helpful.
Thanks, I can investigate this stuff. And sure, if you want to send me some corrected images, I'll take a look! I do run all the images in the game through a compressor in order to reduce the file size, so that might be what you're seeing?

scizzer12

Oct 31, 2019
Thanks, I can investigate this stuff. And sure, if you want to send me some corrected images, I'll take a look! I do run all the images in the game through a compressor in order to reduce the file size, so that might be what you're seeing?
Ah. Here's Bell + Rinny + corrupted walls. I didn't run them through compression. I'd prefer no credit or attribution (to the point I would have DM'd them but I'm still short of the 5 posts)

I considered remaking Rinny in higher resolution from scratch for optimal quality but I couldn't justify the amount of time it'd take if I wasn't going to commit to remaking all 92 character stacks plus a resolution patch so you could actually see the difference.

Instead I just did it the lazy way since it's just going to be baked in here. The scale:rotation was matched to the arbitrary values on the originals instead of rounding to 100/125/150/85:-10/55/145/180.

Last edited:

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
2023-05-21 17_44_54-Lust Doll Plus.png

LD+ r50.1 is now out! Happy 50 months of straight consecutive releases!

In-browser:
Win:
Mac:
Linux:
Android:

-Fixed performance issues when using maps while walking in desert
-Fixed auto cocksleeve scene not playing with Cassie
-Fixed positioning of auto dildo when you have balls
-Fixed wrong text when bedding someone in desert brothel
-Changed Veil Bottoms to not block feet undies
-Moved Veil Bottoms from lower slot to loweru slot
-Fixed complementing Rinny on her bathing suit when she isn't wearing one
-Fixed Fawn not untying shibari after doing an outing
-Fixed fingering Kitty not resetting their arousal
-Fixed wrong dialogue when asking Fawn about her card
-Reduced requirements for stat check when entering Meat Parasite Nest for the first time
-Fixed Linda's special domme scene not being able to be activated on Island
-Fixed weird event behaviour when leaving Torture Rack club after inquiring about a certain someone
-Fixed being able to get into random encounters while in Harpy Roost
-Fixed Harpy Roost not being named
-Fixed Harpy Roost cutting ropes repeating immediately after getting caught

-Added Desert
-Fixed dialogue when milking Cassie in pillory stocks while she's blindfolded
-Fixed defeated by Cassie leading to bandit girl scenes
-Fixed Bell's mouth while being milked as a furry
-Fixed Bell's blush while being milked
-Fixed blank messages being added to history log
-Fixed Nymph's initial furry shrine not working

Ah. Here's Bell + Rinny + corrupted walls. I didn't run them through compression. I'd prefer no credit or attribution (to the point I would have DM'd them but I'm still short of the 5 posts)

I considered remaking Rinny in higher resolution from scratch for optimal quality but I couldn't justify the amount of time it'd take if I wasn't going to commit to remaking all 92 character stacks plus a resolution patch so you could actually see the difference.

Instead I just did it the lazy way since it's just going to be baked in here. The scale:rotation was matched to the arbitrary values on the originals instead of rounding to 100/125/150/85:-10/55/145/180.
Thanks, I'll take a look! And got it, will do.

Yeah don't worry, there's quite a lot of images at this point. I think what might help the most is maybe if you explained a little of what you did, so that I can potentially use the same methods for future art?

Powiratel

Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 2682518

LD+ r50.1 is now out! Happy 50 months of straight consecutive releases!

In-browser:
Win: Mega
Mac: Mega
Linux: Mega
Android: Mega

-Fixed performance issues when using maps while walking in desert
-Fixed auto cocksleeve scene not playing with Cassie
-Fixed positioning of auto dildo when you have balls
-Fixed wrong text when bedding someone in desert brothel
-Changed Veil Bottoms to not block feet undies
-Moved Veil Bottoms from lower slot to loweru slot
-Fixed complementing Rinny on her bathing suit when she isn't wearing one
-Fixed Fawn not untying shibari after doing an outing
-Fixed fingering Kitty not resetting their arousal
-Fixed wrong dialogue when asking Fawn about her card
-Reduced requirements for stat check when entering Meat Parasite Nest for the first time
-Fixed Linda's special domme scene not being able to be activated on Island
-Fixed weird event behaviour when leaving Torture Rack club after inquiring about a certain someone
-Fixed being able to get into random encounters while in Harpy Roost
-Fixed Harpy Roost not being named
-Fixed Harpy Roost cutting ropes repeating immediately after getting caught

-Added Desert
-Fixed dialogue when milking Cassie in pillory stocks while she's blindfolded
-Fixed defeated by Cassie leading to bandit girl scenes
-Fixed Bell's mouth while being milked as a furry
-Fixed Bell's blush while being milked
-Fixed blank messages being added to history log
-Fixed Nymph's initial furry shrine not working

Nice...but what next? I soo exiting about new map, but some routes also need

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
I didn't have 80,000 credits during the slave auction so I wasn't able to buy that redhead. Luckily I have an older save where I didn't go to desert yet, so I can earn some money before the auction. Can we even get her in this update or will she appear later if we didn't get her now?

scizzer12

Oct 31, 2019
Yeah don't worry, there's quite a lot of images at this point. I think what might help the most is maybe if you explained a little of what you did, so that I can potentially use the same methods for future art?
Sure thing. Most of this could probably be taken as ramblings so apologies for that. I'm also not going to make assumptions in explanation either so anyone here can read it (apologies for that too).

I went through every character art in the game and stacked them together into their own individual Photoshop stacks so I could swap between layers and see how things interact with each other. The game is based on a canvas of 1280x720 and images are aligned to the top left. Each stack I created by clipping the canvas to their largest layer and then masking any smaller layers so they'd export the same. All the issues were found just in the process of creating and running through these stacks.
1686243266076.png

All the graphics in the game are rasterized (made of pixels, not shapes) and pretty low resolution so they're extremely susceptible to the kind of quality degradation you get when you resize images. I've heard that you can really only get away with about 10% upscaling before quality becomes noticeably worse but for low-res flat-shaded anime art like this, I'm of the opinion you can't scale up at all.

Using the those signs of degradation I could tell 0BellAssFurry is the one that has the incorrect scale (not the other two) and so I scaled it back for just for reference and redrew its colors back onto 0BellAssBrown. This achieves the intended look at the original quality.
1686243682639.png

The corrupted alpha channel images are ones that when opened in Photoshop don't have transparency. Whether this translates to displaying incorrectly in game... I honestly didn't check but I imagine the answer would be "it depends on where the game is being played". I just resaved the images with a different program that interpreted them correctly (GIMP).

RinnyWeird was the big one and probably the one you were actually asking for (so you can do the same if you add more outfits to her I assume). The lazy way I described is that I just exported each version (3 outfits, 3 preg outfits, 3 expressions) completely rasterized together and then upscaled them using an ESRGAN AI model (iirc I used AnimeSharp or Xinntao's RealESRGAN_x4plus_anime_6B). The result is 24 images (one group is re-used) that are 4x the original resolution. Because downscaling doesn't have the same kind of horrible quality loss as upscaling, going from these 4x versions to relative 1.0x/1.25x/1.5x/0.85x generates a lot of sharpness that nobody is going to nitpick really. (I mean I would, but that's only so I can explain the not-lazy way two paragraphs from now). It's pretty similar to how you'd accomplish MSAA in 3D games.
1686243953038.png

To make sure that each of the "Weird"s are the same as each other, I turned each grouping (3 outfits + 3 preg outfits) into a Smart Object and did the scale, translation, and rotation in a single non-destructive operation on each of them. To add more outfits, you would just need to add a pair (normal + preg) of 4x composites into each "Weird" Smart Object. To adjust the scale, translation, or rotation you just need to adjust the operation the Smart Object is applying.
1686244378817.png

"The Lazy Way" implies there is a "Not Lazy Way" and that's two things I didn't want to commit time to:
Redraw every asset at a higher resolution (2x or 4x) and use vector masks for transparent edges. That's a lot of work for a game that renders so small that very few people would be able to tell the difference except for some edge-cases (like RinnyWeird or the Tentacles in the Meat Parasite Nest).

At the risk of going on forever (my b), let me emphasize those two as I think they're the only useful pieces of information in this post. I don't know your workflow or the tools you use but hopefully my assumptions aren't too far off. These are also NOT prescriptions. Avoid the Diderot effect: everything already there is probably fine, just consider if these would make your life easier going forward.

Making your art at a higher resolution and downscaling to the game resolution will *probably* improve the quality and *probably* make it easier to do "Weird" things. 2x or 4x seems reasonable. Bilinear interpolation will generate similar sharpness to what you have in the rest of the game (bicubic will be way too sharp). By drawing at a higher resolution than your target you'll have more leniency for errors (half or a quarter pixel instead of a full one) and be able to imply detail easier.

Using vector masks (made of mathematical shapes, not pixels) for your transparent edges will fix a bunch of problems with sharpness and dirty edges you have on layers. Especially thin ones like the hair outlines. They may be hard to create accurately at your current scale but at 2x or 4x they should be much easier than the rasterized ones you're already using.
1686245691874.png

That's it!

If you somehow got through that all without wanting to never hear from me again and want to talk more feel free to DM me (I can do that now with my massive post count). I can send you any or all the files I made or even create a working example of what upscaling each piece "the not lazy way" would look like. Not Rinny though. She's got too many layers.

Last edited:

ARU1048

Apr 30, 2022
I thought that like the other zones it will be unlocked by going from one side to the other between zones, but after a while I realized that it is not like that, so I don't know, I don't want them to tell me directly how to go, maybe a hint?
How do I go to Desert?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
How do I go to Desert?
I thought that like the other zones it will be unlocked by going from one side to the other between zones, but after a while I realized that it is not like that, so I don't know, I don't want them to tell me directly how to go, maybe a hint?
Least spoilery info I can think of that is still helpful is that I believe in LD you could randomly find it but in LD+ it is locked behind a companion questline

Sorpl3x

Dec 3, 2018
Most of my old saves are unloadable, the game fails to load img/faces/p-zbrow1.png

Last edited:

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Most of my old saves are unloadable, the game fails to load img/faces/p-zbrow1.png
That is an increasingly old file transition, if you still have the old files you could copy it over otherwise I think just copy a random file and name it that.

predator217

May 17, 2021
Hey Indivi, first of all i've been playing your game for about a year now, and wanted to thank you for your efforts. I am playing on Android and i need to change my phone soon. Where is the save file located on Android? I want to transfer my saves to my new phone. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Nice...but what next? I soo exiting about new map, but some routes also need
Use the desert map in your inventory to figure out where to go!

I didn't have 80,000 credits during the slave auction so I wasn't able to buy that redhead. Luckily I have an older save where I didn't go to desert yet, so I can earn some money before the auction. Can we even get her in this update or will she appear later if we didn't get her now?
It's not expected that you have enough to buy her. Doing so will change a few things in the future, but it's definitely not necessary.

Sure thing. Most of this could probably be taken as ramblings so apologies for that. I'm also not going to make assumptions in explanation either so anyone here can read it (apologies for that too).
Quite the in-depth explanation! I'll have to take some time going over it. Although I will say that some of the choices I make with the art are more for efficiency's sake than getting the best quality I can. Since I basically never have enough time, I try to take what shortcuts I can, so that I can focus more on producing content. But regardless, I'll look over what you've got here and see what I can apply to my stuff!

Completing one of the routes in the game will unlock access!

Try this:
1. Pick up r37 here:
2. Load and save your game inside of it.
3. Do the same using r38.
4. Then it should work in the latest release.

How are you supposed to navigate the Desert? I just keep running in circles
There should be a desert map in your inventory. If you use it, you'll get instructions on how to traverse the desert!

Hey Indivi, first of all i've been playing your game for about a year now, and wanted to thank you for your efforts. I am playing on Android and i need to change my phone soon. Where is the save file located on Android? I want to transfer my saves to my new phone. Thanks in advance for your answer.
You're welcome! Will continue working hard.

The save files are stored in the root directory, so if you haven't rooted your phone, you might not be able to access it. It's stored here:

Android: \data\data\indivi.indivigames.lustdollplus
(Requires root access. For android vers 11+, may also need an adb shell)

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes