gubl

May 31, 2018
And? Form the technical aspect the updater does nothing more as coping the new content in www folder to the old one. So, basically the same as what we do right now manuelly.

As mentioned, the www folder is the important one and so far I'm not aware of any protection software which offers encryption for it. Means, it only needs someone who uploads the www folder to F95. ;)

This is at least my hypotheses.
True, but here is concern, that such personalized download can be fingerprinted, which will help to detect leakers.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
True, but here is concern, that such personalized download can be fingerprinted, which will help to detect leakers.
This is true. However, let's wait and see how it will turns out. So far every game - doesn't if an indie or AAA game - found a way to bypass all sort of protections measurements. ;)

ManInTheBlack

May 8, 2019
Very boring/ The same scenes, only adding new members in ex party. It would be hotter to see something like gangbang or foursome or orgy on hot milfs.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I will finally be playing this soon, yes! I've been waiting for it to be completed for almost a year since I don't play any RPGM that's still in development

Sep 27, 2019
Wow.. never saw a RPG Maker game with an automatic updater. Alone from this post I can see that NTL is going to please both, Patrons and pirates, at the same time. :D So, nothing to worry about. (y)
That will go down like a lead balloon with security conscious control freak Linux aficionados who hate automatic updating of anything on their systems.

Hopefully the final update to Lust Epidemic will appear on this very site in the near future? Certainly a very well designed, implemented and sexy RPG with great artwork and animation: a mammoth amount of work for anybody to have undertaken and I am wondering if NLT might not be one individual working alone but a handle used jointly by a team of several people.

(Still a lot of careless spelling mistakes, e.g., "wondering" rather than "wandering" etc., but you can't have everything I suppose. I wonder if NLT might be British because he/she sometimes uses British vernacular, e.g., writing "fit" for "extremely good looking", and calls Amber's news channel is called "Channel 4" which is a real British news channel. Not that it matters. I just mention it because I am British or more correctly English actually.)

I believe that "The Treasure of Nadia" continues the story.

We'll have to see.

NLT games are generally great but, even so, it's a pity that the comics were discontinued.

Last edited:

Baggums

Mar 25, 2019
I think I might be soft locked. I never got the upgraded flashlight and I'm at the part where I need to save Violet but there's a scorpion in the way. Any tips or do I need to reload from 11% ago lol?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It's implied that he has.

I think I might be soft locked. I never got the upgraded flashlight and I'm at the part where I need to save Violet but there's a scorpion in the way. Any tips or do I need to reload from 11% ago lol?
That's a bug. If you download the latest version it's fixed.

Very boring/ The same scenes, only adding new members in ex party. It would be hotter to see something like gangbang or foursome or orgy on hot milfs.
Dude. There is a fuck ton of group sex in the game. The second half only has a few 1 on 1 scenes in it.

Sep 27, 2019
Sorry, man, no tips I'm afraid.

(There is a walkthrough available; look for the relevant link at the beginning of this thread. )

I've found five of the eight chips you need to install, four in each cell door, to unlock Elizabeth and Violet's cell doors and opened the one to the pregnant Violet's cell (who likes "blessings" and using the "rod" on herself but seems unwilling to be touched or leave her accommodation at the moment). Didn't see any scorpion blocking my path though. I can't tell you where I found the chips, or the "rod" for that matter, because I've just been working my way through the game randomly without making notes and it is a really BIG game with some artefacts hidden in the walls (need pick axe) and others in hidden rooms.

I'm full of admiration for the designer and creator on this RPG.

Both it and him/her/them are real pieces of work and no mistake!

That's bad news if it turns out to be impossible to install the final update because 3 GB plus downloads are too hefty to be able to realistically keep up with the "story so far". If everything ends up protected and uncrackable I might consider taking out a $2 a month NLT subscription (cheapest possible) to play earlier versions of the latest versions of future NLT games provided I can do updates where, when and how I choose which looks likely as the auto-updater mentioned seems to be targeted at Windows only unless NLT sets up a Personal Package Archive for Linux of course. I use this OS because it gives me privacy, security and control over what happens and object to anything happening, especially with root access, without my knowledge and explicit permission! Fingers crossed that we will be able to update the penultimate version of Lust Epidemic to completeness via somebody's kind upload to this site because 3 GB downloads are simply too large to be practical.

My whole Linux OS and every piece of software is only some 4 GB!

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
That's bad news if it turns out to be impossible to install the final update because 3 GB plus downloads are too hefty to be able to realistically keep up with the "story so far".
Fingers crossed that we will be able to update the penultimate version of Lust Epidemic to completeness via somebody's kind upload to this site because 3 GB downloads are simply too large to be practical.
I didn't know that UK is a 3rd world country with bad internet connection. :unsure: As you see it depends on hosters. Not all of them have a download limit of 5 GB per download as Mega - and even for that there are workarounds to avoid the download limitation (Mega Sync, dynamic IP, etc.)

As I understand NTL's post next update will be the final and last update for LE. With that the game will still be < 5GB, so totally fine to download. However, there are more options to reduce the game's size by switching and converting images.

If everything ends up protected and uncrackable
I can do updates where, when and how I choose which looks likely as the auto-updater mentioned seems to be targeted at Windows only unless NLT sets up a Personal Package Archive for Linux of course.
The majority of people use Windoof and maybe <0,5% of players use Mac and Linux. Either the auto-updater works only for Windoof user or for all of them. However, I do not worry about it, because I think it is just adding new content into the WWW folder. But time will day how the auto-updater will work.

• Haha
Reactions: strenif

gubl

May 31, 2018
Is the "pregnancy" tag just referring to Violet, or can the MC knock up the main ladies?
I would say yes, but there was some cut off scenes, at the end, that suggested Val and Elizabeth might get pregnant as well. Also, the amount of unprotected sex in LE will make no surprise if all of female characters getting pregnant, so it is up to NLT’s whim at this point. :)

Sep 27, 2019
I didn't know that UK is a 3rd world country with bad internet connection. :unsure: As you see it depends on hosters. Not all of them have a download limit of 5 GB per download as Mega - and even for that there are workarounds to avoid the download limitation (Mega Sync, dynamic IP, etc.)

As I understand NTL's post next update will be the final and last update for LE. With that the game will still be < 5GB, so totally fine to download. However, there are more options to reduce the game's size by switching and converting images.

The majority of people use Windoof and maybe <0,5% of players use Mac and Linux. Either the auto-updater works only for Windoof user or for all of them. However, I do not worry about it, because I think it is just adding new content into the WWW folder. But time will day how the auto-updater will work.
You do realise that I was writing about the update cycle of an ongoing project not downloading a finished product don't you?

It's crazy to have to download 4 GB of program files every time a piece of software gets altered, minimally, duplicating almost every file (> 95%) already installed simply to include a relatively small number of altered/additional files (<5%). That's akin to having to download the whole Windows operating system, over and over, every time some small part of it changed which would be crazy, ridiculous and incredibly bad practice as far as any kind of software was concerned. No engineer worth his/her salt would accept massively unnecessary redundancy on such a scale nor foist it on users. Maybe you would be happy to download gigabytes of duplicate files, over and over, unnecessarily but in my experience most people wouldn't be and I'm absolutely sure that NLT would not expect his/her customer base to have to do this on a regular basis in any case. (Nobody that talented could possibly be so stupid.) In fact I would go so far as to bet the farm that NLT will be providing incremental updates to his customers, in the same way as every other responsible software vendor does, so that his/her/their clients are neither inconvenienced nor forced to waste bandwidth unnecessarily.

I'd put money on it.

The auto-updater will almost certainly be for Windows only because it chimes with Microsoft's ethos to get Windows and the software that runs on it to do all manner of things on behalf of users whether they have agreed to it or not. (While creepily sending back all kinds of telemetry about what Windows 10 users have been doing to Microsoft headquarters for analysis.) That kind of intrusion isn't acceptable to me personally but each to his/her own, and, as you say, the overwhelming majority of PC users do use Windows because PC vendors sell new PCs with Windows already installed on them.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It's crazy to have to download 4 GB of program files every time a piece of software gets altered, minimally, duplicating almost every file (> 95%) already installed simply to include a relatively small number of altered/additional files (<5%).
This might be true for other games but not for LE. You always had the option to download the updates only and/or download the F95-compressed version. Saves are all transferable between OS platforms, compressed and non-compressed version.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 253 Votes