HalcyonReign

Formerly 'LE10201971'
Dec 16, 2023
This could not be more wrong. The dev (Sonpih) is not led by Patreon money.
He has a clear artistic vision, this direction is what he want, enjoy and good at.

Given there are many devs that let their project be led by patron polls, which leads to degradation of game quality. But Lust for Adventure is NOT one of them.
Be careful when you wish to spread misinformation, it could hurt authentic developer who is not only in for the money.
As a result, you will only get devs that's led by money.
Funny, because I read it in this very thread that that is EXACTLY what was done. That Sonpih started off with a good balance of MM/MF scenes and game play, and through polls on his Patreon has gone further into the MM being the majority because of it. :shrugs:

I guess this is one of the posts that lead me to that conclusion:

Most of the disappointment come from the fact this game didn't really start as a gay game, and it was pretty even between Straight/Lesbian/Gay content. It managed to catch the attention of a lot of people who all had different tastes, and it wasn't really a problem since dev managed to keep a good balance between each content.

When this balance has been broken, it started to become a problem.
I won't hide that I was myself a bit angry since I tried LFA out at first mostly because of the lesbian content, and I even occasionally supported this game on patreon.

But, well, Sonpih is right anyway as it's HIS game project first. Moreover, a majority of his supporter voted for Gay content to go first, and the respect of their vote comes before anything else.

Good luck dev. you have shown an unmatched consistency since the beginning of this project. I'm happy for you to see how much it has grown over time and I hope it will continue.
And this, from his Patreon.. Btw., I don't mean to imply he's only doing it for money.. I meant that he's taking what his patrons are voting on within the limits of his "creative vision."

Poll_01.png

You can *clearly* see the preference for M/M characters and sex scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainbowcrepe

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Not sure what you mean....
It's always the case since the cheat code open the scenes menu where you can choose which one you want to see?
And the fact LfA's scenes are animated it could actually work for anyone who just wanna beat the meat (not to mention its 'gameplay' is not really helping here :ROFLMAO:)
Ah, I thought the cheat allowed to turn off the scenes like a switch. I don't know, because I never used cheats on this game, I actually like the grinding. Ah well, I say because sometimes I couldn't avoid scenes with women (I may be wrong, but I got a couple the last time I played). Anyway, it's not a big deal.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
God this game has gone to the pits, literally think my fave content was back with Ryan everything since than has been such a bore

• Haha
Reactions: HalcyonReign

Emilen

Nov 9, 2022
Last month I corresponded with the author about the presence of a weapons store in the game and I was told that the presence of the store is justified by the fact that if you choose sex instead of "mission completed", then the reward can be bought in this very store.
I decided to follow the author's recommendation and chose sex instead of weapons in the Obsidian Shrine mission. The weapon actually appeared in the store, but I can’t buy it.
Question. What am I doing wrong?

Emilen

Nov 9, 2022
God this game has gone to the pits, literally think my fave content was back with Ryan everything since than has been such a bore
The game really lacks replay value.
Once you complete a mission, you can forget it forever.

But this is the will of the author.

I had an idea, what if in the bedrooms of the academy, I could jerk off (and not only) all the guys, and not just the four that there are now?!
I think that would be cool

HalcyonReign

Formerly 'LE10201971'
Dec 16, 2023
Last month I corresponded with the author about the presence of a weapons store in the game and I was told that the presence of the store is justified by the fact that if you choose sex instead of "mission completed", then the reward can be bought in this very store.
I decided to follow the author's recommendation and chose sex instead of weapons in the Obsidian Shrine mission. The weapon actually appeared in the store, but I can’t buy it.
Question. What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure it was weapons? I don't know of any stores that sell weapons... but you should be able to buy armors, and armor "transmogs"... Unless a weapons store was added recently.

Emilen

Nov 9, 2022
Are you sure it was weapons? I don't know of any stores that sell weapons... but you should be able to buy armors, and armor "transmogs"... Unless a weapons store was added recently.
You are not right. This is exactly what I wrote.
Weapons can be purchased from Lokelda in the Weapon Shop, which is located in the Dwarven District

HalcyonReign

Formerly 'LE10201971'
Dec 16, 2023
You are not right. This is exactly what I wrote.
Weapons can be purchased from Lokelda in the Weapon Shop, which is located in the Dwarven District
You're absolutely correct.. my bad.

The Dragon Lance is greyed out in her store for me, even though I have it equipped. I sold it, and wanted to buy it back and it's still greyed out... So, it must be a bug. If you can contact the Dev, maybe he can offer a patch.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
The game really lacks replay value.
Once you complete a mission, you can forget it forever.

But this is the will of the author.

I had an idea, what if in the bedrooms of the academy, I could jerk off (and not only) all the guys, and not just the four that there are now?!
I think that would be cool
The Academy was complete crap, there was no actual activities outside of getting bullied, and we couldn't even sex him without making him look female was actually gross

Emilen

Nov 9, 2022
The Academy was complete crap, there was no actual activities outside of getting bullied, and we couldn't even sex him without making him look female was actually gross
In fact, some decisions were extremely questionable. But you shouldn’t treat them the way you do. There is a much more democratic option, giving the player a choice in what form to have sex.
I think this would be a better step.

By the way, I remember games where the choice of orientation of the protagonist was offered. That is, the variety of plot was based, among other things, on orientation.
It's strange that the author didn't do this. To do this, you need to make additional pictures, you don’t even need to change the plot.

Emilen

Nov 9, 2022
No, I will not be able to contact the author.
I don’t speak English, and in such conditions, explaining errors to the author is not the most fruitful activity.

Furbeardead

Jun 29, 2020
This has been discussed a million times already. If you don't like gay content, you have three options.
1) Play and don't ask stupid questions.
2) Find another game
3) Create your own game according to your taste.

But approaching the author with claims that affect the lore is
a) Showing disrespect for the author
b) Showing disrespect for the community that supports this game as it is now.

I personally often criticize the author, but only for the technical or visual components of the game, but not for the history of the relationships between the characters in the game.

But I wouldn't even call it criticism. This is a statement of the opinion of an individual player.

Show respect to the author. if you decide to consume its product.
I really have never seen a gay person come to any thread with games for straight people and ask something like that, it’s not only on this site, under any modern TV show or movie where there are similar moments, the negativity about “propaganda” immediately begins

HalcyonReign

Formerly 'LE10201971'
Dec 16, 2023
I really have never seen a gay person come to any thread with games for straight people and ask something like that, it’s not only on this site, under any modern TV show or movie where there are similar moments, the negativity about “propaganda” immediately begins
When I first joined here *I* actually went on on a few game forums *requesting* the game poster would add simple tags like vaginal sex, etc to signify they were *not* gay games... after getting frustrated searching for games here.. :blush: lol

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Funny, because I read it in this very thread that that is EXACTLY what was done. That Sonpih started off with a good balance of MM/MF scenes and game play, and through polls on his Patreon has gone further into the MM being the majority because of it. :shrugs:

I guess this is one of the posts that lead me to that conclusion:

And this, from his Patreon.. Btw., I don't mean to imply he's only doing it for money.. I meant that he's taking what his patrons are voting on within the limits of his "creative vision."

View attachment 3725887

You can *clearly* see the preference for M/M characters and sex scenes.
Then you are mislead. There're loud noises of dissatisfaction from M/F, F/F audiences about the direction dev decided to take.
But the dev didn't make the direction based on Patreon money, this is the thing he's good at and enjoy doing. His male models are way better than the female ones.
Why it curates such large M/M audiences? Cuz the M/M contents are good. Not the other way around.

I specifically respond to yours, cuz there are precedents of similar situation, where the devs prioritise Patreon money (polls) over anything else, as the result the game tanks.
Game devs need to have their own vision, they shouldn't be led by the audience even tho they need to listen to the audience.

Here's the dev's statement if you are interested.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-for-adventure-v9-1-sonpih.11232/post-9228610
Ah, I thought the cheat allowed to turn off the scenes like a switch. I don't know, because I never used cheats on this game, I actually like the grinding. Ah well, I say because sometimes I couldn't avoid scenes with women (I may be wrong, but I got a couple the last time I played). Anyway, it's not a big deal.
Sadly not. I imagine it's difficult to implement such kill-switch for a cohesive game. And I'm actually not fan - it tarnishes the cohesive experience.
I'm sure every scene can be avoided, but the choices might not be obvious. Many games just hand-hold to tag the choices so you know where you are going - also not a fan, it's immersion breaking.
A "Skip" option would be great if you find yourself in a sense you don't wanna see.
I guess that's the compromise you need to make when playing a game that's not a "perfect fit" for you.

Reactions: Rafster

HalcyonReign

Formerly 'LE10201971'
Dec 16, 2023
Hearthstone guide?
Guide?

You click it in the zone you want to return to. Once set, in another zone, you can return to the zone you chose. (You're first teleport will be interrupted by a demon that will eventually be a fixture in your Brothel if you choose to buy it (Stormwind).

3.40 star(s) 55 Votes