4.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Sigvikkayak

Jan 5, 2021
Proof-readers can also be players who liked what you made and who want to help, and are willing to volunteer for free.
Even just leaving a "Hey, if you wanna help us fix the English dialogue let us know" on the front page might work, and won't cost you a dime.

I might've been willing to help, but then again, seems I've already upset you to no end just referring to Alice as Lisa and posing a few hypotheticals, so I don't think we'd get along too well. Also, our interests seem fundamentally opposed. So nah.
Don't take it too seriously. Many people can be in a bad mood :) And authors can take criticism negatively :) It happens.
We will gladly accept any help - for this you should write in discord. It's easier to discuss organizational stuff there.

SGRAY

Feb 18, 2018
Okay, since you gave me a detailed answer, let me repay in kind.
Didn't expect such a reaction.
I was very busy, and perhaps not quite correctly answered. Nobody upset me, didn't hurt me. You have expressed an opinion, this is normal. It was detailed, thanks for that.

I wrote about the names, because the translator made several mistakes in the names. When I noticed this, I corrected the text for a long time. Freaky was Ann in several places. Ivan was written in different ways Iwan and Ivan. So I decided that I had not seen everything. Just in case, he clarified who's name.

I knew right away that you were talking about a hypothetical situation. But, there is such a thing as high expectations. People are waiting, as in the same Mass Effect, for an epic ending, but they get a traffic light at the end. Then they shout that the developers did not guess their wishes.
In this case, I decided to immediately clarify some points about the game. When I was uploading the game here, I omitted a few tags on purpose so that the events would come as a surprise. Now I also cannot explain why Lena cannot be with Alice. This is spelled out in the character of Lena, and the further history of the character.
This is my personal opinion, but it seems to me that if something happened to a person that happened to Alice, he will not want a relationship. A character's attitude towards romance or sex can change. Let's see how it works out for us.

I understand that it is necessary to cover the interests of many, and therefore Frikki became bi, several guys appeared, and a big bald guy with dark skin. In the future, we will try to maintain diversity. (I don’t know how to write it all correctly, but I hope I didn’t hurt anyone)

The scene in the tent happened because, although people went to work, they still left the city, away from people. They relaxed, newcomers appeared, bonfire, guitar, conversations. I wanted to relax after work, get a little romantic adventure. It didn't work out with Lena because of a quarrel.

When I came up with the plot, it was completely different, then it underwent changes and was written before the end of the demo. There the heroes studied at the institute, everything happened in the park, quite by accident, half of the characters were not there. I read it all and decided that I had to start over. The scene in the subway, I think, but the idea was this, we will be back. Maybe we'll find out who the guy in the hood was.

I will repeat it again. There is a core plot, I know what happened to Alice, who those guys were, why they attacked Alice. I know who Lena is, why she is not in love with Alice. I know what will be further far ahead. This was discussed and was the original idea. But, as many things are discussed and I will listen to the opinion of the players. Write ideas, ask questions.

For help in translation. I was told that you can ask people, and if they like the game, they will agree to help. This is all very good. And, in fact, it would help a lot. But, I can't ask people for this, just showing not such a large piece of the game. Although, due to the forks, there is a lot of text. And yet, there are some points in the text, apparently not everyone noticed this, which are important for understanding the game. You might think that there are mistakes, but this was done on purpose. If I explain the plot itself or the moments that do not need to be edited, will the person be interested in the plot in the future?

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Not sure do i understand this but i dont think spoiling a plot is a good idea.
I really like the game so far and the work you put into it.
I dont want you to be concerned too much about these comments, just do your vision of the game and it will turn out great :D

MikuMiku

May 22, 2018
The game is already heading in a good direction I don't understand why people are overreacting to a prologue but yet they speak as if they are creating the game or already know what the games plot is going to be. The devs already have something nice in play just wait until they actually release content first. people are only picking at straws trying to find every little flaw in a prologue.

SGRAY

Feb 18, 2018
Not sure do i understand this but i dont think spoiling a plot is a good idea.
I really like the game so far and the work you put into it.
I dont want you to be concerned too much about these comments, just do your vision of the game and it will turn out great :D
No spoilers. I said about some points, the very idea of the game remains a secret.

Reactions: vjc21

uwfan1980

Aug 17, 2019
Great art, concept and liking the bits of gameplay

the text is overly chatty and constantly repeats the same supposition throughout. Some scenese are massively too long of nothing but repetitive chattiness that doesn't seem relevant to the game or story. EG: The car scene was something like 500 lines of pretty irrelevant "chattyness". often repeating the same points in different ways.

if the author can work on fixing some of the unecessary long supposition, easily a 5/5. But for now a 3/5. I find myself wanting to just skip so much text (but on first playthrough bearing through it)

sumrando

Jul 6, 2020
hmm... I liked it up to the match three mini-game, that I have a number of problems with:
1. there isn't a tutorial, I don't know what the colors actually do even on my third attempt, it feels like they change their effects randomly for some reason and what does the blue gauge even do?
2. you should probably let the player know that the fight is unwinnable as there are people (myself among them) who assume that when a fight happens you can actually win and will restart or use limited resources to try and change the tide and win especially when its presented as being winnable as this was.
3. that you have to rely on abilities that use rng to not be useless- or even worse be used by your enemy is mid-game territory as at that point people have figured out how to do stuff.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
hmm... I liked it up to the match three mini-game, that I have a number of problems with:
1. there isn't a tutorial, I don't know what the colors actually do even on my third attempt, it feels like they change their effects randomly for some reason and what does the blue gauge even do?
2. you should probably let the player know that the fight is unwinnable as there are people (myself among them) who assume that when a fight happens you can actually win and will restart or use limited resources to try and change the tide and win especially when its presented as being winnable as this was.
3. that you have to rely on abilities that use rng to not be useless- or even worse be used by your enemy is mid-game territory as at that point people have figured out how to do stuff.
Dev already acknowledged this in page 2 of this thread and stated that the mini games would be reworked for next release. Now we are just waiting for the next release.

Sigvikkayak

Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys!
Thanks to everyone who follows the thread and writes comments and feedback.
We apologize for not being on the forum often and not releasing updates for a long time. Alas, there are reasons for this, which we don't want to talk about now.
As an apology - a little piece of new art.
Most of the sequel is already ready. But it's too early to talk about the exact time of release.
Thank you for staying with us!
1621527309197.png

palichan

Oct 17, 2017
Game looks very nice, but what is the difference between version 0.9b and 0.9a?
0.9b
Added a warning at the start of the game.
Accelerated text output.
Save points added. Loading occurs from the nearest save.
Added a choice before the fight.
Skip the fight (win / lose), fight.
Added help to the fight.

fiiish

Apr 10, 2020
what’s here is pretty good. is it possible to know how much progress has been made on the next update?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Unfortunately, the artist, although I had foreseen it, left the project. I will think about what to do next. Currently I have found an artist, but he is engaged in another game. Here are examples of his work.
View attachment 1264329 View attachment 1264330 View attachment 1264331 View attachment 1264332 View attachment 1264333 View attachment 1264334 View attachment 1264335 View attachment 1264336
This is really sad to hear. Thank you for sharing the artwork the previous artist did, at least people will be able to appreciate the great art.

Are you going to rework all of the current art when you find a new artist? On the one hand, this will be a huge time and resources sink, on the other hand, you will get a game with inconsistent artstyles. There are games that have done that and done well(Roundscape: Adorevia comes to mind, even if it probably was an intentional choice there), although some people aren't particular to multiple different styles in one game.

Whatever it is that you decide, I wish you all the best while dealing with this hurdle.

Sigvikkayak

Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys!
I think you know the mood we're in. There are no statements about the future right now. We need a couple of days to rest, to come to our senses. A lot of effort and time has been put into this VN, it's hard to say anything more now.
After that we will think it over and discuss it thoroughly. You could say that SGRAY and I are staying in touch, and we have ideas for new projects.
Thank you for supporting us!

fiiish

Apr 10, 2020
Hi guys!
I think you know the mood we're in. There are no statements about the future right now. We need a couple of days to rest, to come to our senses. A lot of effort and time has been put into this VN, it's hard to say anything more now.
After that we will think it over and discuss it thoroughly. You could say that SGRAY and I are staying in touch, and we have ideas for new projects.
Thank you for supporting us!
sounds like something pretty rough happened, hope it didn't end too badly. Is the game still going to continue development or is whatever you guys releasing next the final version?

Sigvikkayak

Jan 5, 2021
Guys, please don't ask anything now. Give us a week or two to think about it. We have the text and 60% of the illustrations. And a very bad mood. Too much is not ready for release.
We can't say anything about the future. Thank for understanding, we really appreciate your support and attention.

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes