Mod Abandoned Lust Hunter [v0.8.8] Patreon Content Unlock Mod

tnbounds

Jun 21, 2018
Hello, sorry to bother you all but I put the .rpy to the game's game folder, started the game, clicked Login on the left side and when a window pop-up and when the game says "click here" after you log-in, I click it and it says [FAILED]. Wonder why? Thanks

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, sorry to bother you all but I put the .rpy to the game's game folder, started the game, clicked Login on the left side and when a window pop-up and when the game says "click here" after you log-in, I click it and it says [FAILED]. Wonder why? Thanks
Depends. If you're talking about my mod, you don't mix it with anything, just the game. No need for login with it (just there to clean anything up if you had logged in before). With OPs, no idea.

tnbounds

Jun 21, 2018
Depends. If you're talking about my mod, you don't mix it with anything, just the game. No need for login with it (just there to clean anything up if you had logged in before). With OPs, no idea.
What do you mean with "clean anything up if you had logged in before"? Thanks for helping.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
What do you mean with "clean anything up if you had logged in before"? Thanks for helping.
Variable stuff. Mine is cleaner and also cleans up naturally on its own. Neither mine nor OPs is meant to be used together. Clean installs, add either OPs or mine, not both.

Draconookie

Nov 18, 2020
the download for your mod does not work anymore unfortunately i just get sent to a page with the code for the mod written on it

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I tried yours but it doesn't seem to work either
I'll double-check it and update it. I do have a migraine at the moment and my vision is going (migraine auras), but hopefully can be done before it sets in fully. Typing is becoming fun.

Edit: By the way, how does it not “seem to work either”?

Edit: It does work. If you don't see “Hi, LustHunter!” as a “Diamond Hunters” on the title screen, then it isn't working (probably because it wasn't save with the correct .rpy extension or in the wrong folder which should be ./game), but if you do see it, it is working. (By the way, do not use both mods, only use one or the other, never both.)

Last edited:

Dannyas

Apr 30, 2022
I'll double-check it and update it. I do have a migraine at the moment and my vision is going (migraine auras), but hopefully can be done before it sets in fully. Typing is becoming fun.

Edit: By the way, how does it not “seem to work either”?

Edit: It does work. If you don't see “Hi, LustHunter!” as a “Diamond Hunters” on the title screen, then it isn't working (probably because it wasn't save with the correct .rpy extension or in the wrong folder which should be ./game), but if you do see it, it is working. (By the way, do not use both mods, only use one or the other, never both.)
Thank you! Much appreciate. <3

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
By the way, there were levels of tiers that were exclusive to others, so I went with 'best tier aside unlockables'. For example, the 'upgrade to 3 to unlock all locations' bit wasn't worth specifying outside of the current tier which is actually better. I will update the script to handle the API change of RefreshPatronInfo and RefreshPatronInfo1.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
It's still not working for me. The game does call me "LustHunter" but it also says "I am not a hunter" and it asks me to refresh or log in. It's supposed to go in the game folder with all the rpa files, yes?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
It's still not working for me. The game does call me "LustHunter" but it also says "I am not a hunter" and it asks me to refresh or log in. It's supposed to go in the game folder with all the rpa files, yes?
...Again, if you see "Hi, LustHunter!" mine is working. However, I just noticed that the dev duplicated the login function and simply appended '1' to the end of the name. Adding that to the unlocker. One moment. Edit: Updated. This is the first time since around v5 or v6 that the author has done something and it looks like they did it by mistake (the code of the function is the exact same, they simply added '1' to the end of the name of the function...weird.) Working now.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
...Again, if you see "Hi, LustHunter!" mine is working. However, I just noticed that the dev duplicated the login function and simply appended '1' to the end of the name. Adding that to the unlocker. One moment. Edit: Updated. This is the first time since around v5 or v6 that the author has done something and it looks like they did it by mistake (the code of the function is the exact same, they simply added '1' to the end of the name of the function...weird.) Working now.
Thank you very much! I will give it another go

Shaneride

Jul 19, 2017
Working now. Thanks for my early holiday present. (y)

Kingoftrouble

Apr 3, 2019
Is this patch still working? I just installed it and when i try to log in it says "Failed" ... Do i have to actually log into a Patreon account of sorts? or just click the log in button in-game only? .

--( Nevermind ... is my bad ... I forgot to Re-Start the game after i threw this patch in.... I had originally used the one linked at the main download page on f95 and that one isn't working, it is not updated...so i looked further and grabbed this one...)

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Is this patch still working? I just installed it and when i try to log in it says "Failed" ... Do i have to actually log into a Patreon account of sorts? or just click the log in button in-game only? .

--( Nevermind ... is my bad ... I forgot to Re-Start the game after i threw this patch in.... I had originally used the one linked at the main download page on f95 and that one isn't working, it is not updated...so i looked further and grabbed this one...)
Happens, good that you figured it out. Yeah, the dev seems to have tried a simple DRM change (renamed a function), whether intentional or not, who knows. May signal a DRM change in the future that may require another update, but usually mine are universal across multiple versions (v5,6, almost 7, was a simple one-line addition). I use far less invasive methods.

Maeva5

Jul 28, 2019
Hello, sorry to say but ppl are right, not easy to understand how to "download" and plus it's not working at all, each time i tryied or it unlock half or nothing.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, sorry to say but ppl are right, not easy to understand how to "download" and plus it's not working at all, each time i tryied or it unlock half or nothing.
Wrong. You don't know how to use your computer, you're a Limewire liability from the 2000s, and you only have yourself to blame for not learning how to use your computer and browser. It does work, you just don't know how to use it. Maybe try Googling how to download a file if you're too lazy to read the manual that comes with your browser. Read up on Python and Ren'Py to figure out where to put it. It might not hurt to try to find other game files might be...

On a side note, OP's unlocker or mine both do not 'automatically' click buttons for you. Patreon Status in the game, just as if you paid for it, unlocks the option to click the buttons and have them work. For example, unlocking all types of end-of-battle stuff. The button is there and will unlock everything. The developer didn't “hide everything” for those with Patreon Status, they simply enabled you to select what you want individually to unlock.

I am under no obligation to spoon-feed you. If this was Operating System development, sure, that's a tough steak long past well-done, I'd cut that for you, probably with a chainsaw (some of you might think a surgical blade, but the tool of trade for most OS development in this analogy would be a chainsaw). But spoon-feeding “how to download a file and put it in the correct folder”? Far too 101.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Baralover001