flaviokoalako

Dec 15, 2022
Yes, I am (run most everything inside VM's as my host is linux). I've not had similar issues with other unity programs, but that got the skit to move up/down but I'm still stuck/scene is not advancing. how do I get out of the lift skirt scene/advance?
Have you found a solution yet? I'm also playing the game through a virtual machine

flaviokoalako

Dec 15, 2022
nope just gave up on the game and went to playing other games like pathfinder, Battletech, homeworld, etc which are all unity games and work just fine. it's only this game that sucks.
don't say that the game sucks because of this
but I agree that it does suck THAT there's this issue for us rare gamers that play through virtual machines lol. But maybe the game only has that single scene that's like that?
I'll try to go ahead and see if I miss on some content, tho I already ALMOST missed part of a quest because I needed to bait the supervisor or whatever, and I needed to find 3 files; the last one was just BARELY offscreen (cause normally you would have to aim over there and the scene would focus on that side that's normally offscreen) but I still managed to get it by tapping randomly on the corners

Reactions: Southrim

flaviokoalako

Dec 15, 2022
but I agree that it does suck THAT there's this issue for us rare gamers that play through virtual machines lol. But maybe the game only has that single scene that's like that?
I'll try to go ahead and see if I miss on some content, tho I already ALMOST missed part of a quest because I needed to bait the supervisor or whatever, and I needed to find 3 files; the last one was just BARELY offscreen (cause normally you would have to aim over there and the scene would focus on that side that's normally offscreen) but I still managed to get it by tapping randomly on the corners
I kinda wish the developer would add an option to just use the arrow keyes (for example) to move the scenery instead of 100% relying on the mouse and the engine having to recognise the axis movement

but I also understand that he has soooo much to do, has to add content for subscribers and honestly probably 1% of the players play through virtual machines

flaviokoalako

Dec 15, 2022
I kinda wish the developer would add an option to just use the arrow keyes (for example) to move the scenery instead of 100% relying on the mouse and the engine having to recognise the axis movement

but I also understand that he has soooo much to do, has to add content for subscribers and honestly probably 1% of the players play through virtual machines
UPDATE:

I think if you have Linux or "emulating" the game from somewhere else, this game becomes unplayable :/
I just got to the drone scene (I was retrieving it), and once I got the memory card, a video was supposed to play on the phone via playback, but everytime I get to that point, the game crashes cause of coding issue with emulation I guess :(

that's a shame, this game really looked very interesting and HQ, and I love the world of life is strange

welp, I guess I did something useful by letting some people know

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
well can easily say it 'sucks' if you can't play it. :) I mean if I can play literally *ANY* other game on this site or even AAA rated games but this one. yeah, that ranks in the 'suck' category in my book.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
well can easily say it 'sucks' if you can't play it. :) I mean if I can play literally *ANY* other game on this site or even AAA rated games but this one. yeah, that ranks in the 'suck' category in my book.
Virtual machine environments don't signal the "Mouse Axis" Unity input method used in LiS. Any game using that input method will have the same problem.

It was never claimed the game can run on Virtual machines since it was never tested in these environments. I plan to release a native Linux build after it's complete though.

FUN FACT: Tears of The Kingdom crashes all the time and runs at 15 fps in my emulator that can run several others games well. Can I say the game sucks because of that?

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
UPDATE:

I think if you have Linux or "emulating" the game from somewhere else, this game becomes unplayable :/
I just got to the drone scene (I was retrieving it), and once I got the memory card, a video was supposed to play on the phone via playback, but everytime I get to that point, the game crashes cause of coding issue with emulation I guess :(

that's a shame, this game really looked very interesting and HQ, and I love the world of life is strange

welp, I guess I did something useful by letting some people know
That scene uses a pre-renderered video, meaning it's probably a codec issue. Your virtual machine is probably having problems loading the standard H264 codec used to play it natively

When I release the Linux version, Unity will encode with the default Linux codec

I'm adding an option to use arrow keys in that skirt scene since it can block progress, but lots of the game's mechanics is based on the use of a mouse.

Last edited:

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Nope to either as I can play h264/h265 even AV1 just fine, and literally out of nearly 1400 games here in F95 (and about 1300 other games from GOG that I have) NONE have the same problem. So nearly 3000 games and the *only* one I've seen with an issue is this one, I'll bet take the odds that it's, umm, the game. :)

As for your comment on 'Tears of the Kingdom' which I am inferring that you're talking about Legend of Zelda Tears of the kingdom? That's for nintendo swtich, not a PC game. If that runs poorly for you on switch hardware then yes. I am *NOT* using an emulator I am using a virtual machine they are different. i.e. I am NOT translating any cpu commands, that is not how vmware works.

• Angry
Reactions: KiraJames

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Nope to either as I can play h264/h265 even AV1 just fine, and literally out of nearly 1400 games here in F95 (and about 1300 other games from GOG that I have) NONE have the same problem. So nearly 3000 games and the *only* one I've seen with an issue is this one, I'll bet take the odds that it's, umm, the game. :)

As for your comment on 'Tears of the Kingdom' which I am inferring that you're talking about Legend of Zelda Tears of the kingdom? That's for nintendo swtich, not a PC game. If that runs poorly for you on switch hardware then yes. I am *NOT* using an emulator I am using a virtual machine they are different. i.e. I am NOT translating any cpu commands, that is not how vmware works.
Under another perspective, we have thousands of players running the game without any problems in their native systems, while the very few running on virtual machines have specific officially known issues tied to the engine input system: (they're still working on regression fixes to intermediate versions)

VMs work over Hypervisors and/or a Host OS layer. Issues are not about CPU instructions, but middleware bridges for complex core APIs like DirectX.

Anyways, I don't have resources to play test on virtual machines. Maybe a native Linux build later.

Bogard_0

Jul 30, 2021
Anyone know how to get this game working on Linux? I tried Wine, but the damn thing just doesn't start up every time I execute the exe. please and thank you in advance.

ArchangelAT

Dec 22, 2021
I have a question
The Architect
what engine do you use to play this because when first download it said it requied something to run it? the version I downloaded was windows. it would be very helpful. Have a nice day.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1703769420153.png
Happy Holidays, folks!

Here's the release of version 0.18. It adds and alternate solution for the latest quest with a new scene in the gallery, a new trophy and some bug fixes.

[WHAT'S NEW]
- Added second scene path to latest quest
- Added new trophy
- Added new scene to the gallery

[DOWNLOAD]

Post bugs found here or in the channel.

Jaizers27

Jan 25, 2022
im on paragon playthrough.. and these current choice branch is oof, is a tough one! sir architect i hope you got plans for this.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
So is the "good" choice for the latest update actually letting Victoria essentially get raped by that creepy fat kid?

• Sad
Reactions: andafer

popober

Jun 9, 2017
I really hope this event isn't just either "lez go" or "whore her out." The best way to distract Victoria is to invite her to the lockers and dick her in the ass yourself. Maybe all of them together, then broadcast it so everyone's distracted. Make sure to tell Max to bring in Kate somewhere in there.

Reactions: andafer
4.50 star(s) 93 Votes