Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
What is the trick to finding food? In 4 days i found 1 container of almond butter, now i am out of food.
Go to the city center and if you don't find a special location save... than use the 35% command to find food... if you don't find anything load and repeat... also remember, there are 2 search spots in the hospital room you wake up.
Also hover your mouse over house entrances... sometimes you'll find a super market or restaurant in a map that contains an additional search spot.
Save and load will allow you to repeatedly search those spots aswell

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
So I see there are at least a couple of people that has problems with blue screens. It seems like the problems are happening on slower machines, but I can't seem to reproduce these issues on my old laptop.
If you are having problems running the game, whether it's blue screens or crashes, please let me know which part of the game that's causing the problem and it would help me a lot if you can tell me the specs of your computer.
Try and see if updating your graphics driver helps.
I'll try to figure out what's causing the problem. It might take me some time because I still have to finish the update this month, that's my big focus at the moment
Might be a Dx11 issue?
I had previously posted a workaround on the OP.

How to Run on Older or Slower Windows Systems:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wonder if that fixes the "Blue Screen" issue for them?

Reactions: EndlessTaboo

lucas5b

Jan 13, 2018
Have you seen this scene with your roommate???
1 (Optional) Spy on your Roommate.jpg

yes I already have this scene with her, but opened nothing when
I explore the city center only appears the same places as always.

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Hey Guys

Twistty posted in the overview about using Dxcpl for slower PC's. I am getting Blue screens during the game and crashes/Not responding so tried following Twistty's instructions but he mentions "Exe" file and this game doesn't have an exe - Just 2 applications files, the game and Unity crash handler, but applying his instructions to any combination of these 2 fine up to Loading a save then it just seems to leave me in Limbo as the music changes but all I have is the title screen. Am I doing something Wrong. Enjoying the game but not enjoying the waits and crashes.

Help
I am getting more and more crashes and blue screens as the Game progresses.

Is anyone able to Help

Cheers
So I see there are at least a couple of people that has problems with blue screens. It seems like the problems are happening on slower machines, but I can't seem to reproduce these issues on my old laptop.
If you are having problems running the game, whether it's blue screens or crashes, please let me know which part of the game that's causing the problem and it would help me a lot if you can tell me the specs of your computer.
Try and see if updating your graphics driver helps.
I'll try to figure out what's causing the problem. It might take me some time because I still have to finish the update this month, that's my big focus at the moment

Might be a Dx11 issue?

It is great to see developers and others not just making great games but taking the time to help us less fortunate players having problems :D Thank you

As requested
I am using Windows 10
on a desktop P5RVLD2
With Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
with Installed RAM 4.000 GB (3.73 GB usable)
my file are stored on an external hard drive Seagate Backup Plus 1.8 TB

Blue screens and crashes are a little random but have occurred when trying to interact with "Roommate", at home tucking the girls in bed at night ;) searching city for food, new action/event scenes like in the library, animated scenes like card game or horizontal mumbo :(. I have been saving frequently to prevent massive repeats but saving can also trigger crashing. I suspect my system struggles with loading size of files or number of tasks.

I had performance problems with another game "Ecchi Sensei" and resolved by moving the files to my "C" drive (and initially by using the compressed version of wk 1 although this no longer applies and days 8 onward are fine)

I hope this means more to you than me.
I should add that I was already playing before trying Twistty's advice so did not use this with a new game (was trying to load saved progress prior to switch) but then I am on WIndows 10 so not even sure if his recommendation was applicable to me anyway.

Edit:
Just tried moving file to C: drive and made some improvement as slightly fewer blue screens but certainly didn't cure all problems and just crashed again. Will try again later and see what impact it has made.

Update:
I am up to Roommate relationship level 6 (Post scene in Library) and game has now crashed several times. especially when back home and after saving. And blue screens are still there. mostly when searching for food and during animations.

Update2
In the alley with Kylie and just got a pop up error message "Fatal Error in gc - Too many Heap Sections " ???

Hope that helps

Thanks guys and keep up the brilliant work

Cheers

Last edited:

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
It is great to see developers and others not just making great games but taking the time to help us less fortunate players having problems :D Thank you

As requested
I am using Windows 10
on a desktop P5RVLD2
With Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
with Installed RAM 4.000 GB (3.73 GB usable)
my file are stored on an external hard drive Seagate Backup Plus 1.8 TB

Blue screens and crashes are a little random but have occurred when trying to interact with "Roommate", at home tucking the girls in bed at night ;) searching city for food, new action/event scenes like in the library, animated scenes like card game or horizontal mumbo :(. I have been saving frequently to prevent massive repeats but saving can also trigger crashing. I suspect my system struggles with loading size of files or number of tasks.

I had performance problems with another game "Ecchi Sensei" and resolved by moving the files to my "C" drive (and initially by using the compressed version of wk 1 although this no longer applies and days 8 onward are fine)

I hope this means more to you than me.
I should add that I was already playing before trying Twistty's advice so did not use this with a new game (was trying to load saved progress prior to switch) but then I am on WIndows 10 so not even sure if his recommendation was applicable to me anyway.

Edit:
Just tried moving file to C: drive and made some improvement as slightly fewer blue screens but certainly didn't cure all problems and just crashed again. Will try again later and see what impact it has made.

Hope that helps

Thanks guys and keep up the brilliant work

Cheers
I played it on a pretty shitty laptop, and other than that moment with the mannequine which was my fault i have had zero issue running the game.

Jul 5, 2019
I just can't trigger the strip poker even with the roomie... Everytime I come into the living room in the afternoon she is just standing there, and using the deck on her does not do anything :( Somebody please help I tried everything
You have to go to the dinner at the end and you will get the option.

dartman51

Nov 29, 2017
You will need the flashlight which can be found in your bathroom, in the shower. Go to the overpass, look around till you find an old car. Look in the window. It says, "I can't see anything, it's too dark." That's your clue to get out your flashlight and shine it in the window. You will see the binoculars there.

ShadowFSN

Feb 24, 2019
Where do I find the binoculars? Some image where they are. Sorry for my English
You will need flashligh which can be found in shower of your house then follow pictures to get to overpass and then to the van. Must use flashlight on van window to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

EndlessTaboo

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2018
Might be a Dx11 issue?

Thanks Twistty. It would save me a lot of time if this method works for people with older machines. If you're having problems with blue screens or crashes, please give this a shot and let me know

Reactions: Twistty and OzBrit
3.20 star(s) 55 Votes