IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Don’t take it the wrong way, you probably do this for a living and charity might be too strong a word but ah you see what I mean.

I hope you’re doing good on the steam front. That opened up new mainstream attention and revenue for everyone.

But places like here with us bearded pirates I’m sure the benefits outweighs the disadvantages overall.
Sure there are benefits. I never said that there are no benefits from this community. :) But the claim that this is a charity site is just wrong. It's a pirate side where f95 serves you ads and asks you to donate from what they make a lot of money.
I will address this to the developer and with all due respect my problem is with the model being used and the way in which devs fund these games. Now paying 20-30 bucks a month for a game is just lunacy. I don't pay that much for Netflix for Gods sake. I will pay 60 bucks for a Treasure of Nadia or a completed 1.0 Milfy City easily. Quality sells itself do you see NLT or ICSTOR trying to lock their games down? These are great games worth the market price for a full game. But with the way Patreon and subscribestar and the likes are used where is the insurance in such an investment? Think about these numbers 240 bucks a year(20 dollars a month) would I pay that even for Cyberpunk had it actually launched complete? I understand needing funds early so sure I see a Nadia and put up 60 bucks but if its abandoned I get refunded and also I am guaranteed to get all updates to completion. No sneaky DLC for "higher tier" donors etc. Now I have played your game recently and its a good one but my philosophy now is to buy game at completion and if it has to be a one time 60 dollar donation then fine. People who just pirate and never buy are really not lost revenue as CDPR will tell you because those dirtbags wouldn't buy it anyways if they couldn't get it for free.
Our games are in development and you can help us develop the game by being a Patron. You ae not buying our game on Patreon you are getting the benefit to play it before it releases. Once the development is complete you can buy it from Steam, Nutaku, Itch.io or another platform for what we beleive is the fair price.

Example: You can buy EoL season 1 from Nutaku for 15$

Comparing us to CD Project Red or any other big development studio makes no sence. Again you are not buying the game you are helping in it's development.

And you have to understand that we have every right to protect our work.

Wolowitz

Mar 15, 2020
Yes, but I think being in this community and wanting to protect your work from piracy is very hypocritical. It's being on both sides. It's like governments that say they fight alcoholism or drugs but take advantage of these businesses.

Reactions: Mancerrr

Jansen

May 8, 2017

Hi! Echoes of Lust S2E4.5 is now live for all 25$ and above Patrons!

In this half episode we are adding Amy's story and a hot hidden crossover event.

You can download Echoes of Lust S2E4.5

Updates in S2E4.5:
750 NEW RENDERS
1 New animations
Amy story update

Bonus content updates available for 25$ patrons:

190 HIDEN EVENT IMAGES
13 HIDDEN EVENT ANIMATIONS
68 ANGLE IMAGES
47 NEW NUDE MODE RENDERS

Get the Bonus Content

Best regards,
Inceton games team
Continue reading

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I just canceled my 6 month Patreon.
It means I already payed the devs for what this kind of game must be worth, and I don't attend to pay more.

If it means I can't play the game anymore since they went on war with f95zone, so be it, there are tons of great games around here, and a lot of them are at least as good as this one. But indeed, I don't think that's really a smart move. People who don't want to pay won't pay. And people who could pay (like me) will stop because they won't pay for nothing and the price asked is way too high.

Without F95zone, I wouldn't have known this game and wouldn't have contributed anything for its development. Actually, I usually contribute on games I like and I really want to keep playing and exploring, meaning that if I can't access it in the first place (and not a simple "demo"), then there is literally no chance that I'm going to pay a single dime for it.

Actually, I never play young games aswell, I always wait for several versions to make sure that the game is kept updated, and the content/quality are what I consider enough. And then, maybe if I really like the game, I'll pay something to contribute. It works in this way, not the other.

Now we just have to wait and see. I'm curious to know if at the end of the day, it would have been worth it or not.
We have a metric on Patreon that count's the "Lifetime Pledge" if you where a Patreon for 6 months you will recive the game once it's fully released for "free" because you helped in it's development.

All your other points are valid. But again we have the right to protect our game. And again there is demo for those who want to try before paying anything :)

That's a good trick, be friendly with everyone until you get enough money to hire someone to ban the links, copyright the videos, add advertisements in renpy game.

Now saying to try the demo.

View attachment 1143031
You took this out of context and you know it. That post was made when EoL Season 1 Episode 1 was released. The demo was short and bad. The new demo is much longer and covers the first 5 episodes. We are still friendly with everyone or try to be. But we never agreed for our games to be shared here for free its not fair towards our Patrons. And we have a right to protect our work. We made a proposition to the f95 admins regarding our work being shared here for free and a possible solution and we are still waiting for a response.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. These games and in the method they use to get made, they have more incentive to not finish the game, than they do to finish it.

I have no problem in paying for a finished game. But I don't even want to pay a monthly fee on like World Of Warcraft, a much more finished, complex and polished game. Let alone something like this game.

Who even knows how close it is to being done? Then you get a update like S2E4 where like one thing happens. Come on. And now their pulling this?

I can understand them wanting people to pay for this game. Then FINISH IT!

This isn't going to get the people who weren't already on your Patreon to get on your Patreon. Do these people really believe that the only place to find links to this game is on this site?
I'm sorry but your statement is incorrect. We have a huge incentive to finish the games as soon as possible.

Seems fair to ban Inceton acces to this site since he decided to ban his content on our site .
I mean ,he still keeps his privileges as a game developer here, along with his patreon page link, but refuse to share his content here anymore.
So it's like f95zone it's advertising him for free rignt now, if you think about it xD
Seems unfair that you get our game for free before our 10$ Patrons. What are those developer privileges exactly? We never agreed in the first place for our content to be shared here.

Reactions: derdiedas1

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Long story short.
We appreciate this community for the bug reports, feedback, ideas for the game etc... in return you get the game here for free and f95 makes money from this. WIN, WIN, WIN. The problem is that the game is released here too soon. We cant make a return of investment, cant pay the salaries, cant develop bigger and better updates. You get the game here before our 10$ Patrons and that's a problem for us or better said our Patrons. It's just not fair and for this reason we decided to protect our work. We will try to figure something out with the f95 admins if its possible.

zizzi

Jul 2, 2017
Sure there are benefits. I never said that there are no benefits from this community. :) But the claim that this is a charity site is just wrong. It's a pirate side where f95 serves you ads and asks you to donate from what they make a lot of money.

Our games are in development and you can help us develop the game by being a Patron. You ae not buying our game on Patreon you are getting the benefit to play it before it releases. Once the development is complete you can buy it from Steam, Nutaku, Itch.io or another platform for what we beleive is the fair price.

Example: You can buy EoL season 1 from Nutaku for 15$

Comparing us to CD Project Red or any other big development studio makes no sence. Again you are not buying the game you are helping in it's development.

I'm a software developer myself and i know how this stuff works and yes i understand that you have your right to protect your work, but i have two questions.

1) why did you use f95 to promote your work and now you're cutting it off? it is a lot hypocritical

2) why don't you put your work in early access for 15$ on steam like a LOT of indie studies do? or you're so afraid that most of your patrons will migrate to steam and you'll gain maybe 5% of what you're gaining now?

There's a lot a dev that used f95 to promote their work and the ones that do a high quality work they gain a lot of patrons (DPC for example that does a release every 4-5 months and has over 11k patrons) and do their work without caring about this "pirate site".

I'll be honest with you, with echoes of lust episode 1 you stepped up your work a lot and i really think you deserve more patrons, but trust me pissing off people with your new policy won't help because IF the people will help with your work will only be through steam, nutaku etc.....if they still remember your work after months not having news here

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I'm a software developer myself and i know how this stuff works and yes i understand that you have your right to protect your work, but i have two questions.

1) why did you use f95 to promote your work and now you're cutting it off? it is a lot hypocritical

2) why don't you put your work in early access for 15$ on steam like a LOT of indie studies do? or you're so afraid that most of your patrons will migrate to steam and you'll gain maybe 5% of what you're gaining now?

There's a lot a dev that used f95 to promote their work and the ones that do a high quality work they gain a lot of patrons (DPC for example that does a release every 4-5 months and has over 11k patrons) and do their work without caring about this "pirate site".

I'll be honest with you, with echoes of lust episode 1 you stepped up your work a lot and i really think you deserve more patrons, but trust me pissing off people with your new policy won't help because IF the people will help with your work will only be through steam, nutaku etc.....if they still remember your work after months not having news here
1. We didn't create this tread or ask for our game to be shared here.

2. Steam Early Access is something we didn't think off when we where starting. We wanted to release our games on Steam once they are complete.

This is not a new policy.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Long story short.
We appreciate this community for the bug reports, feedback, ideas for the game etc... in return you get the game here for free and f95 makes money from this. WIN, WIN, WIN. The problem is that the game is released here too soon. We cant make a return of investment, cant pay the salaries, cant develop bigger and better updates. You get the game here before our 10$ Patrons and that's a problem for us or better said our Patrons. It's just not fair and for this reason we decided to protect our work. We will try to figure something out with the f95 admins if its possible.
So when might us poor plebs be able to get S2 E4.5?

P.S. I can see where you're coming from in this "debate" with a few entitled louts.

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
Sure it is that an amount of DEV's patrons downloaded the game on F95 and then decided to support.. Blame on F95zone and being provided by supporters for years thanks to being on this forum, that's not fair too.. Can do even as Psychodelusional has done and promise a game's developing through 2 years for a month fee...
Even being myself member of this forum, I decide now and then to support a few DEVs with what I can lend for their works..And what's more, where any DEV can earn supporting only showing what has to offer?? On Google?' Really, where???
Assuming always that we all here are evil and being demanding about that doesn't lead to anything..
There's many DEVs here promoting their own work and (oh my god) they could download other games without paying nothing too (no, they couldn't..who can really know??)

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Ah, OK. I assumed there was some sort of embargo on it (which, btw, I'd be fine with if it helps you guys out).

In any case, I don't mind waiting, however long it might take.
No there is no embargo on it :ROFLMAO:

You know that if you PM us that we will send you a link for the game for free. We do that on a regular basis :)

zizzi

Jul 2, 2017
1. We didn't create this tread or ask for our game to be shared here.

2. Steam Early Access is something we didn't think off when we where starting. We wanted to release our games on Steam once they are complete.

This is not a new policy.
I didn't said you asked this thread or to share your game, i've said that you used this platform to promote your work like you did posting multiple times about the steam releases etc...

well i think nobody can say no to FREE advertisement

343 posts is not a low number and yes i know that not all of them are promoting posts

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
But the claim that this is a charity site is just wrong. It's a pirate side where f95 serves you ads and asks you to donate from what they make a lot of money.
F95zone is a non-profit site, every penny from ads and donations goes to server maintenance and upgrades (which are considerable as f95 is one of the biggest forums in the world), commission of custom plugins and third-party work, the annual leftovers go to developers in the Christmas content.

In fact, the only people to ever make money from this site are the developers.

Now, you want to spend money on nuking links that we can replace in 2 minutes and ports/compressions/mods made for free by fans, that's on you. But don't expect to be well received by the people you are actively antagonizing.

Anyhow, please move on now.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I didn't said you asked this thread or to share your game, i've said that you used this platform to promote your work like you did posting multiple times about the steam releases etc...

well i think nobody can say no to FREE advertisement

343 posts is not a low number and yes i know that not all of them are promoting posts
If you are getting the game for free is it ok that we promote our game for free?

You can look at my posts history and see how many where promotions.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
F95zone is a non-profit site, every penny from ads and donations goes to server maintenance and upgrades (which are considerable as f95 is one of the biggest forums in the world), commission of custom plugins and third-party work, the annual leftovers go to developers in the Christmas content.

In fact, the only people to ever make money from this site are the developers.

Now, you want to spend money on nuking links that we can replace in 2 minutes and ports/compressions/mods made for free by fans, that's on you. But don't expect to be well received by the people you actively antagonizing.

Anyhow, please move on now.
Okay maybe you are a non profit maybe not. Care to share some numbers and receipts? No? Taught so.

3.70 star(s) 240 Votes