Night-Wolf

May 2, 2022
Same actress, she's gone.

I must confess I chuckled a bit when the narrator in the Christmas episode said "you hear Megan's sweet voice" and then the new actress said something half drunk.
...damn. They could've at least kept the parts they did voice rather than change it all. Regret deleting the older version now.
They should've kept looking for better actresses.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
...damn. They could've at least kept the parts they did voice rather than change it all. Regret deleting the older version now.
They should've kept looking for better actresses.
I rather have the same actress for the whole game.

And sure, you can easily keep the old versions. Save some space by unpacking the audio resource file and only keeping that directory. If you copy it in the new versions directory, the old files will be used whenever possible.

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
Same for Zoe. These new ones are just...well....I hope they saved a receipt.
I actually might be wrong about Megan, Megan might still have the old VA? she kind sounds like her sometimes. I mean I miss the meh attitude and tone she had before. It was her sibling quarrel voice thing that hooked everyone into this game. Jessica sounds like she has the same attitude. Anyhow, I only remember and have interest with the 3 main girls of the house. There is too much nostalgia to enjoy the new ones, but at least they almost have 100% voice acting, including the hidden scenes.

• Angry
Reactions: KiraJames

Night-Wolf

May 2, 2022
I rather have the same actress for the whole game.

And sure, you can easily keep the old versions. Save some space by unpacking the audio resource file and only keeping that directory. If you copy it in the new versions directory, the old files will be used whenever possible.
My head hurts lol. Explain further cuz I'm an idiot :unsure:

Night-Wolf

May 2, 2022
I actually might be wrong about Megan, Megan might still have the old VA? she kind sounds like her sometimes. I mean I miss the meh attitude and tone she had before. It was her sibling quarrel voice thing that hooked everyone into this game. Jessica sounds like she has the same attitude. Anyhow, I only remember and have interest with the 3 main girls of the house. There is too much nostalgia to enjoy the new ones, but at least they almost have 100% voice acting, including the hidden scenes.
Albeit way less quality acting :(

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My head hurts lol. Explain further cuz I'm an idiot :unsure:
With a tool called unren you can unpack the game's archives.
This will create several subdirectorie in your game directory. In there you will find all the voice files, like:
g%gamedir%/game/audio/vo/zoe/e10a1.ogg

If you copy that audio directory from the old game version over to the new version, the new version will use these files and only if it can not find the right file it will access it's own files from the archive.

Edit: scrap that, seems they moved the files. But with unren you at least get the files for personal use

Last edited:

devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
With a tool called unren you can unpack the game's archives.
This will create several subdirectorie in your game directory. In there you will find all the voice files, like:
g%gamedir%/game/audio/vo/zoe/e10a1.ogg

If you copy that audio directory from the old game version over to the new version, the new version will use these files and only if it can not find the right file it will access it's own files from the archive.
before i shared the game here i used unren to take a peek at the audio . the old files still exists in the game but are stored elsewhere and have different file names than the current ones . so it would take some effort to restore old VA .

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
before i shared the game here i used unren to take a peek at the audio . the old files still exists in the game but are stored elsewhere and have different file names than the current ones . so it would take some effort to restore old VA .
Oh, that's a bummer. I thought they just replaced everything. What's the new directory name?

devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
Oh, that's a bummer. I thought they just replaced everything. What's the new directory name?
i deleted the rpy extracted version of the game but iirc one of them (i think the old one) was in a vo folder outside the audio folder and one was inside the audio folder going by another folder name .

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
i deleted the rpy extracted version of the game but iirc one of them (i think the old one) was in a vo folder outside the audio folder and one was inside the audio folder going by another folder name .
Ok, that would be manageable. But if the even renamed the file names ... I'll have to take a look once the new version makes it to GOG.

Reactions: devonY7

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Are there really only two elizabeth scenes? wtf... I am using cheat mod with re-live, so maybe bugged? I find it hard to believe

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Are there really only two elizabeth scenes? wtf... I am using cheat mod with re-live, so maybe bugged? I find it hard to believe
Elizabeth has plenty of scenes. When it comes to intimate senes: There are only two replayable ones in season 2, but there are more in the game when you play the game, also some in the hidden events. But the focus is definitly not on her.
Problem with her is that she's just there for the typical mammy kink. She has no real story, where something could happen. Maybe in S3 they come up with something to do for her.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 240 Votes