boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
episode 10 is mostly bugfixes anyway, but there'd also be a surprise or something that would make us want to replay from start to finish (possibly something like voice-acting). so no real new content in terms of renders or animations i think
In the most recent post, devs said they are "also also adding 2 new big events to Episode 10".

season 1 is over. ep 10 will only have bug fixes and hidden events
It's a good guess that these new events would be "hidden" i.e optional in Episode 10 as to not mess up continuity.
Edit: Well, since devs gave you a like it's save to say it's more than a guess now:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Quick question, is this game like summer with mia with the choices? like the game is more kinetic than vn?
No, it`s more linear than summer with mia
To be clear, I haven't played Summer with Mia so I can't compare, but Echoes of Lust does offer choices just not branching story lines in the traditional sense. Part of it's "groundhog day" appeal is that you, as the MC, try to make the best choice which requires playing trough the day multiple times, trying different things and uncovering how to get the best outcome.

Reactions: PinkGoddess

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
To be clear, I haven't played Summer with Mia so I can't compare, but Echoes of Lust does offer choices just not branching story lines in the traditional sense. Part of it's "groundhog day" appeal is that you, as the MC, try to make the best choice which requires playing trough the day multiple times, trying different things and uncovering how to get the best outcome.
Hmm, okay, the thing is, in summer with Mia the game has only one final, one outcome for the story, it means that u dont have a real power in ur "choices", choices, that in the last act (the game was 3 acts) dont exist.. u only read and read but never u can choice what happened.. and in a few choices that u have only one option was avaliable.. I really enjoyed Summer with Mia, buuuut.. in these kind of games I really want feel like Im in the total control.. and kinetic is totally the oposite what I want and I hope this game has better quality that SwM in this way. Ty for the answer btw

Reactions: boxedjack

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Hmm, okay, the thing is, in summer with Mia the game has only one final, one outcome for the story, it means that u dont have a real power in ur "choices", choices, that in the last act (the game was 3 acts) dont exist.. u only read and read but never u can choice what happened.. and in a few choices that u have only one option was avaliable.. I really enjoyed Summer with Mia, buuuut.. in these kind of games I really want feel like Im in the total control.. and kinetic is totally the oposite what I want and I hope this game has better quality that SwM in this way. Ty for the answer btw
No problem, I kinda struggled to categorize it. I wouldn't call it kinetic as you do have choices but they don't change the final outcome like in the games in your signature. For example, you can choose which character you want to pursue first, but none of them are optional as their stories are interlinked. You can also make choices whithin the story of these characters, but if you make a wrong choice, you'll simply make a different one when the day resets. This is often part of the story itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: PinkGoddess

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
No problem, I kinda struggled to categorize it. I wouldn't call it kinetic as you do have choices but they don't change the final outcome like in the games in your signature. For example, you can choose which character you want to persue first, but none of them are optional as their stories are interlinked. You can also make choices whithin the story of these characters, but if you make a wrong choice, you'll simply make a different one when the day resets. This is often part of the story itself.
Ok then I gonna try it.. I hope in this game u have more freedom for the fate of the characters because as I said, in SwM the last act u only read with 0 choices and this bothered me.. :( and is so sadly because Inceton is a real gooood dev and his/their games has tooo much quality (Idk if Inceton is one or more person sorry haha)

Ty for the answer buddy :)

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
So far, I would just categorize it as an adventure game. Yes, most of the story is presented as a visual novel, but the core of the gameplay lies in exploration and solving puzzles to advance said story. Calling it a kinetic novel (which is a specific genre) because ultimately there's no freedom of choice is like calling Monkey Island a kinetic novel.

alri

Mar 8, 2019
//run:e_neural_5357_V.she"
LIE LIE LIE LIVE LIE LIE LIE

:unsure:
You know, I've always wondered about the intro sequence when the game starts (the computer screen/command line). Was never sure whether it was just a stylistic choice or if it had a deeper meaning, since it's never really used again inside the game proper. But given that the command line appears again and digital artefacts are featuring so prominently in the season 2 trailer, it seems pretty clear to me that there is more to it.

I was pretty sure about it before and have posted about it, but I'm now 99.9% convinced that there is some sort of background sci-fi plot going on that is responsible for all the weird stuff going on with the MC. I was still partial towards it just being a mystery plot where it turns out everything was imagined by the MC while he was in a "normal" coma after some sort of accident, but no, it's definitely some sort of sci-fi thing where people outside are somehow messing with him. MC might very well be still in a coma of some sort, but he's definitely hooked up to some sort of machine.

A sort of Groundhog Day meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind deal.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
i don't get it, why does season 2 episode 1 come before season 1 episode 10 ? Different characters ?
also it would suck if MC imagine it all ( or it didn't actually happen) it was all a dream is like the worst thing you can possibly do to a story

3.70 star(s) 243 Votes