devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
can you confirm that 2.12 doesn't have additional animations compared to previous versions ? (before the SFX update)
How does the game perform with my mod installed + SFX from 2.12 ? (stuttering, freezes, fps drop...)
both the current video rpa and your mod have 1256 vid files . from the little i played it runs better with the mod . the sfx are built into the new webms (which are also Av1 encoded) . the sfx does not work me with or without the mod but i do know its there by checking the files . so if it does work for someone using the mod will remove the sfx entirely since the 60fps vids do not have them . im attaching a file here which contains a animation from the new update and the 60fps version from your mod to compare .

Reactions: F4iunyl3x

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
both the current video rpa and your mod have 1256 vid files . from the little i played it runs better with the mod . the sfx are built into the new webms (which are also Av1 encoded) . the sfx does not work me with or without the mod but i do know its there by checking the files . so if it does work for someone using the mod will remove the sfx entirely since the 60fps vids do not have them . im attaching a file here which contains a animation from the new update and the 60fps version from your mod to compare .
ok I thought SFX were running separately as an audio file along with the video
i'll see if I can merge SFX with my mod

I think they messed up the AV1 encoding somehow and performance is usually worse compared to VP9 (standard encoding for ren'py)

devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
ok I thought SFX were running separately as an audio file along with the video
i'll see if I can merge SFX with my mod

I think they messed up the AV1 encoding somehow and performance is usually worse compared to VP9 (standard encoding for ren'py)
would you like me to send you the entire video rpa file ?

devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
thank you !

I don't see why they degraded their own work for just SFX
Were they concerned about the size of the game files to re-encode the animations with AV1?
the size diff is unnoticeable. full game size is still 20+gb . i heard them mention something like they reduced anim quality for performance reasons . the sfx seems to be added for promotion purposes . or just to get their "sound guy" to do something .

Reactions: F4iunyl3x

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
the size diff is unnoticeable. full game size is still 20+gb . i heard them mention something like they reduced anim quality for performance reasons . the sfx seems to be added for promotion purposes . or just to get their "sound guy" to do something .
it still doesn't make sense to me lol
I did some mods for SFX animations and it was running fine

anyway, I'll see if performance is really affected with my encoding settings.

Reactions: devonY7

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Speaking voices disappear. Can I do something that i can hear speaking voices again? I play season 3 now.
Under "Settings" make sure that "Mute All" is NOT highlighted, and under "Mute Indidividual" if there is a character with a X near the loudspeaker icon, click on "Unmute <character name>"

Shape

Dec 7, 2017
Under "Settings" make sure that "Mute All" is NOT highlighted, and under "Mute Indidividual" if there is a character with a X near the loudspeaker icon, click on "Unmute <character name>"
Nothing is mute in settings. When I begin season 3, speaking voices work, but after that speaking voices are gone after I check new map-icon and new city.

3.70 star(s) 251 Votes