kaipkan

Nov 30, 2020
does anyone have the 0.26.2 (there may be a higher version already) version? there are some fixed bugs

sagoh

Oct 29, 2020
I was lurking in the Patreon page i saw that he posted recently some comments on the future of the game, sadly can't see it (i dont have credit card :/). Has someone access to the patreon that can share that post? Maybe some things of the disussion going on here has been addressed. Im curious :p

xtasis18

Oct 11, 2018
1. It's December, most likely I will do the same thing as the last year which mean the update will be smaller and it will be posted earlier (I'm aiming for the 20th, but I'll see how it goes).

2. January will be a normal update, as I don't want to make any huge changes the first thing in the new year.

3. Most important message here is that I will start working on fixing some parts of the games in February. It will require to butcher the whole code and in the process all saves from previous versions unfortunately won't work. I'm not sure how long it will take me to implement all the new things and correct everything that was up until now, so there's a chance I will take February and March to work on this. If that happen February will be without an update and March will have a completely new LD.

Just to let you know what you can expect to see after the changes:

• All old dungeons will be transformed to new system
  • Item's icons
  • More than one active quest at once (Also some changes that will allow me to make quests that requires to deliver more than one item and some better reward system)
  • A slight combat rework (Including adding new type of weapons - two handed one, shields, bows and better grasp of effectiveness and immunities to certain attacks)
  • Attributes rework
  • Improved beginning of the game (rewriting some stuff and adjusting variables)
  • Improved crafting system
  • New relationship screen (If I have time it will include something like 'event log' with information how to get like/heart)
It's of course not everything. There are more of smaller or bigger changes here and there. If I would want to put all of the stuff here the list will be much bigger.

Thank you for supporting me for all this time and apologies for the inconvenient save wipe. I hope you will be happy with all the changes in the end.

sikaka

Dec 31, 2019
I'm hoping for the best but not holding my breath. I still play the updates but they are SO small given the amount of support he has (financial, volunteer writers, hired artists, beta testers, community suggestions, etc). The content in the updates are what I'd expect from someone working a few hours during weekday evenings. Yes that requires some dedication and it's hard to fault but simply not what you'd expect from someone with either a team, a group of volunteers or someone working on a project full time.

He needs to....

• Organize the game systems: Standardize and fix the clunkyness
  • Rewrite the quest and story systems so its easier to add in new content
  • Come up with a overall game design document: Character sheets, tone of game, plot plans, etc
  • Use the volunteers he has in a way that's not making more work for himself (they know what can be added and write it in a way that he can just 'drop in place')
  • Some form of testing and feedback system. I asked if there was a google doc or something for typo fixes and got a "no". There's SO many typo and grammar issues throughout the game. There's plenty who would offer to help fix them but it's too much work for him to take all the reports and fix things manually.
If he cant focus on the bigger picture and do what's needed to make developing the storyline and content smooth then the game is rapidly going to become just another patreon milking mess where every month you get that tiny drip feed of playtime.

I will say though he gets massive credit for keeping the patreon costs super low. It's hard to complain excessively over $1 (which is why I stay subscribed cause I do like the game) but if he put the framework in place to make the game successful and upped the price that would be the best of both worlds imo.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
It will require to butcher the whole code and in the process all saves from previous versions unfortunately won't work.
If Hyao thinks I'm starting again after playing it since the release and learning every recipe and grinding to level 80 and earning over 500k gold, he's MISTAKEN.

I definitely won't be playing it after the update if we are expected to start from SCRATCH after it being out so long already and so many different saves for every decision.

NOT TODAY SATAN

deviIot

Nov 17, 2020
If Hyao thinks I'm starting again after playing it since the release and learning every recipe and grinding to level 80 and earning over 500k gold, he's MISTAKEN.

I definitely won't be playing it after the update if we are expected to start from SCRATCH after it being out so long already and so many different saves for every decision.

NOT TODAY SATAN
I thought the same initially but it's very easy to hack those things in with a save editor that it doesn't worry me that much anymore. :sneaky:

shinyboy64

Jan 19, 2019
I thought the same initially but it's very easy to hack those things in with a save editor that it doesn't worry me that much anymore. :sneaky:
As long if he doesn't edit and made it impossible to save edit, because this. This is the biggest coward move in game history after more than a year playing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vocaloidboy

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
I just opened the save editor and was like ???
How would one go about maxing gold and level via save editor? (items and recipes for that matter too)

perles75

May 16, 2020
Admittedly he had already mentioned several months ago that there would have been a save-breaking update in the future (and there has been one in the past already, between 0.15 and 0.16 I think?).

Considering that save-breaking games are done for a complete overhaul of the game, you have to think you're starting a different game.
But surely I'm not going to play the game again until March...

xtasis18

Oct 11, 2018

NOT TODAY SATAN
Some people already said that they want a debug/cheat menu, if he doesn't add it I'll probably do it (if he keep the code on renpy of course, if not depends on the system he will be working but I think he will continue on renpy anyways), I've been solving bugs after every months release for my own playing and some cheats like the fair fireworks to not consume bombs so maybe I can add a menu option to edit the main flags like logan slut/good path.

deviIot

Nov 17, 2020
As long if he doesn't edit and made it impossible to save edit, because this. This is the biggest coward move in game history after more than a year playing.
As long as he uses renpy (realistically there is no reason for him to change platforms) we can do it. Even if he changed platforms it's still very easily done.
I don't mind playing the entire thing again as long as I can do it smoothly and without grinding.

Reactions: sagoh

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
As long as he uses renpy (realistically there is no reason for him to change platforms) we can do it. Even if he changed platforms it's still very easily done.
I don't mind playing the entire thing again as long as I can do it smoothly and without grinding.
There's a lot of grinding, especially in the beginning, what with the tons of potions you have to brew and ingredients to be found. It's a hassle.
I'll for sure cheat since I'm not going through that again. I've already started over once over a choice I regretted and I'm not doing it again.

Reactions: deviIot

perles75

May 16, 2020
There's a lot of grinding, especially in the beginning, what with the tons of potions you have to brew and ingredients to be found. It's a hassle.
I'll for sure cheat since I'm not going through that again. I've already started over once over a choice I regretted and I'm not doing it again.
I started it a second time because I was to play both a dominant/top and a submissive/bottom route and to be honest I didn't find it that bad. But I'm not a grindy person for the sake of having more character levels or objects, am I aim at advancing the storylines more than anything else. In this way it's not unbearable at all, actually quite fine (except on those specific occasion when you want to have that specific herb and the randomizer is against you, but it doesn't happen too often, especially after the very early game).

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I started it a second time because I was to play both a dominant/top and a submissive/bottom route and to be honest I didn't find it that bad. But I'm not a grindy person for the sake of having more character levels or objects, am I aim at advancing the storylines more than anything else. In this way it's not unbearable at all, actually quite fine (except on those specific occasion when you want to have that specific herb and the randomizer is against you, but it doesn't happen too often, especially after the very early game).
There are some places or instances that demand high strength or perception or intellect... Since I'm an appearance build, it look me a loooong time to have enough strength to do things that demand high strength. I'm talking 6 months playing. Perception was also one of the stats I had a hard time building up. Also, money is hard to come by as a sub bottom. When you are a dom top you can just steal from the thugs in the road.
I don't mind playing all the story again, but I do mind grinding that shit.

sagoh

Oct 29, 2020
1. It's December, most likely I will do the same thing as the last year which mean the update will be smaller and it will be posted earlier (I'm aiming for the 20th, but I'll see how it goes).

2. January will be a normal update, as I don't want to make any huge changes the first thing in the new year.

3. Most important message here is that I will start working on fixing some parts of the games in February. It will require to butcher the whole code and in the process all saves from previous versions unfortunately won't work. I'm not sure how long it will take me to implement all the new things and correct everything that was up until now, so there's a chance I will take February and March to work on this. If that happen February will be without an update and March will have a completely new LD.

Just to let you know what you can expect to see after the changes:

• All old dungeons will be transformed to new system
  • Item's icons
  • More than one active quest at once (Also some changes that will allow me to make quests that requires to deliver more than one item and some better reward system)
  • A slight combat rework (Including adding new type of weapons - two handed one, shields, bows and better grasp of effectiveness and immunities to certain attacks)
  • Attributes rework
  • Improved beginning of the game (rewriting some stuff and adjusting variables)
  • Improved crafting system
  • New relationship screen (If I have time it will include something like 'event log' with information how to get like/heart)
It's of course not everything. There are more of smaller or bigger changes here and there. If I would want to put all of the stuff here the list will be much bigger.

Thank you for supporting me for all this time and apologies for the inconvenient save wipe. I hope you will be happy with all the changes in the end.
First, thank you for sharing!

Second, im not that fond of using Save Edits but whew a total revamp of this game is hard. I have like 3 or 4 main routes, so i dont want to repeat EVERYTHING Again. Hope Hyao adds a in-game debug screen or that you guys an make a new Save Editor when that version comes out.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

sagoh

Oct 29, 2020
There are some places or instances that demand high strength or perception or intellect... Since I'm an appearance build, it look me a loooong time to have enough strength to do things that demand high strength. I'm talking 6 months playing. Perception was also one of the stats I had a hard time building up. Also, money is hard to come by as a sub bottom. When you are a dom top you can just steal from the thugs in the road.
I don't mind playing all the story again, but I do mind grinding that shit.

The best way i have found to grind money in any route i'd taken is selling diabosite and before that selling Enhanced Heal pot. I try to get the garden first so i can collect more red berries, for me thats the easiest way... Also selling woodplanks works.

PS: Strenght is SO broken in this game, but i like to start High int- high per and then upgrade Str

Reactions: alexxxx000

deviIot

Nov 17, 2020
First, thank you for sharing!

Second, im not that fond of using Save Edits but whew a total revamp of this game is hard. I have like 3 or 4 main routes, so i dont want to repeat EVERYTHING Again. Hope Hyao adds a in-game debug screen or that you guys an make a new Save Editor when that version comes out.
There is no need to make a new save editor because it doesn't depend on this particular game. The editor works on code across many platforms, so no matter how different the new version is, the editor will work on its renpy code.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
He really should just try doing this game on RPG maker instead of rewriting the whole code on Ren
as having battle animations would do this game a world of good

hatesfoxes99

Apr 18, 2020
Can anyone post the android version as well for version 26? Doesn't look like any version other than windows has been updated on this forum

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes