Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
It's a bit sus to announce a death then a few days later.. another post goes up. Can patreon automate posts timings? I have no idea. Even weirder if that assassin guy also died, who happened to also be him apparently.

If in the event his not gone, then clearly he rebooted his game to such negative reception (surprise) it unfortunately made him want to quit the game. (Until he pops back up under another name?)

terrashock

Jul 3, 2017
It is not me who dont get the full picture, it is you actually.
He already used this "health" issue once, as Sylver Games.
Second, this game was on a constant patron decline for almost a year.
He tried to revive interest by making a "remake", but it backfired in even more decline.

And as a result he "terminated Naykid" and played health card once again.

I have even more questions if I assume that he indeed passed away.
Is "she" in full legal control of his possessions and finance stuff in just 10 days after his death?
Why not just terminate charging right away and then deal with refunds?

Yea I'm being cynical and twice shy.
In fairness, if he didn't charge absurd amounts for Tier levels on Patreon he might have had more interest in the game. That's what greed gets you I suppose.

Tentacle_Monster

Oct 21, 2019
Take a breath. This dev makes some fun story-arcs, and the writing is decent. Just smile and keep your chin up. With a good attitude and a pinch of luck, all of this will blow over and we will see some new art.

Pessimism, negative assumptions, and saying rude things about a dev accomplishes exactly ZERO.

One of the best things you can do in life is to set your expectation to dead neutral.
You're not expecting anything: so you're never disappointed.
and When great things do happen: you'll always be pleasantly surprised. :giggle:

This is a key to life that applies to any self-reliant adult.
It's especially useful when you're watching game development, or any project in developmental stages online.

Be the reason devs feel excited to make progress, be the reason they greet the day with a smile.
Inspiration can move mountains. :coffee: :cool: (y)

terrashock

Jul 3, 2017
Take a breath. This dev makes some fun story-arcs, and the writing is decent. Just smile and keep your chin up. With a good attitude and a pinch of luck, all of this will blow over and we will see some new art.
Why would any of us want to see more from a dev who has essentially stolen money from us by way of lying in possibly the most disgusting and shocking way possible? As far as I'm concerned, Naykid/Sylver/whatever you want to call them can stay the fuck away from Game development and maybe try one of the billions of Crypto scams there are kicking about. Maybe they'll see more success. lol.

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
Why would any of us want to see more from a dev who has essentially stolen money from us by way of lying in possibly the most disgusting and shocking way possible? As far as I'm concerned, Naykid/Sylver/whatever you want to call them can stay the fuck away from Game development and maybe try one of the billions of Crypto scams there are kicking about. Maybe they'll see more success. lol.
Wasn't the dev caught review boosting?

• Wow
Reactions: vessna

MezzoKoto

Mar 25, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to discuss other games in a game's own thread... but try Project SAGE. :)
i don't think the rule applies if your just recommending games and besides the creator of this game was doing shady shit and the games abandoned

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020

Pessimism, negative assumptions, and saying rude things about a dev accomplishes exactly ZERO.

One of the best things you can do in life is to set your expectation to dead neutral.
You're not expecting anything: so you're never disappointed.
and When great things do happen: you'll always be pleasantly surprised. :giggle:

This is a key to life that applies to any self-reliant adult.
It's especially useful when you're watching game development, or any project in developmental stages online.

Be the reason devs feel excited to make progress, be the reason they greet the day with a smile.
Inspiration can move mountains. :coffee: :cool: (y)
Naw, man. If he faked his death to get out of obligations, it's not pessimism for people wanting accountability or to prevent him from doing the same thing later. Are you serious?

Tentacle_Monster

Oct 21, 2019
None of these project donations are a contractual guarantee of completed products delivered in a legally binding way. These are small independent artists usually with a team smaller than 5 people.
The truth of donations on "support" sites is this: It's more like hearing a street musician play guitar in front of you. You throw some money into their guitar case in the hopes that their art grows and flourishes, then they can eat that night for giving you some entertainment.
Donating to a street musician does not guarantee you get a complete vinyl album, nor does it guarantee they become the next Metallica or Jimi Hendrix.
Nobody held a gun up to any of you and demanded money. It is an impulse driven optional donation. Your spending impulses leave nobody to blame but yourself, your money is your own responsibility as an adult over age 18.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
None of these project donations are a contractual guarantee of completed products delivered in a legally binding way. These are small independent artists usually with a team smaller than 5 people.
The truth of donations on "support" sites is this: It's more like hearing a street musician play guitar in front of you. You throw some money into their guitar case in the hopes that their art grows and flourishes, then they can eat that night for giving you some entertainment.
Donating to a street musician does not guarantee you get a complete vinyl album, nor does it guarantee they become the next Metallica or Jimi Hendrix.
Nobody held a gun up to any of you and demanded money. It is an impulse driven optional donation. Your spending impulses leave nobody to blame but yourself, your money is your own responsibility as an adult over age 18.
Faulty. Like any analogy ever. When I'm donating on Patreon I get at least a partial vinyl album, no street musician has any merchandise to give to their donors. And street musicians don't offer you a small talk for your donations which is required by Patreon ToS. What it doesn't require is indeed a finished product or becoming the next Fenoxo. You're paying for the process, not for the result.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
One of the worst false equivalencies I've seen on this.
It also completely misses the point that he has scammed people, objectively, by faking his death and restarting. That is dodgy as fuck and morally reprehensible. Wanting to protect yourself and others from that kind of behavior is normal. You are defending the indefensible here.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

anarchia

Jun 26, 2018
I'm playing the old v0.13 version, and keep getting an error on day 6 during the beach photoshoot. Any ideas how to fix this? Playing on windows 10.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'm playing the old v0.13 version, and keep getting an error on day 6 during the beach photoshoot. Any ideas how to fix this? Playing on windows 10.
WARNING: I did not test this, I just downloaded, decompiled and fixed the apparent errors.
Extract the attached .zip into the /game folder and pray for the best.

4.40 star(s) 22 Votes