Votes: 105 70.5%
  • Old combat

Votes: 44 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
I like what I see so far. Great job.
I was kind of a fan of Night Games but I had trouble with its repetitive nature. That said, I'll toss in an idea of how I'd proceed. Before that, I'd add a counter to how many times you got game over'ed at the start and use it in the dialogue when the MC asks about finishing the blowjob.
Just after that, I'd throw in a close button at the top of those pop-up screens, not just the bottom (just copy-paste whatever you got at the button at the top of your hbox)

I'd simplify the attributes. My choice would be to combine dex and agi for sure and maybe remove willpower. The reason is that I'd make a personalized outcome for successful/failed actions based on the character's primary stat with a ~25% probability. Doing that for a character with 6+ attributes would be a pain in ass. The MC needs a weakness if you want to relate to the player, otherwise, none of the content is personalized. These things, together with lists of probable outcomes after each action, will make the fights less repetitive. I have a method using a class that deals with weighted choices that I found if you're interested.

I'm rooting for you and best of luck to you. Thank you for the game.

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
Going to say after reading the synopsis and the fourth thumbnail, this game is a hard pass for me.

Why you ask, well bad Engrish gives me headaches and I just won't put myself through that anymore.

If you are a non-native English speaker and trying to make a game in English, then you need to find a proper proofreader. Whether you have to pay or maybe a Patreon will do it for commissions or something like that, the English should be readable. The occasional spelling or grammar error is fine but when I have to try to decipher the words to make any sense that is a fail. Also people need to stop using translation programs, they are just not any good.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
The MC needs a weakness if you want to relate to the player, otherwise, none of the content is personalized.
+1 for MC weaknesses that the ladies can and will exploit.
If you are a non-native English speaker and trying to make a game in English, then you need to find a proper proofreader. Whether you have to pay or maybe a Patreon will do it for commissions or something like that, the English should be readable.
taking a look at it, the dev has exactly 1 patreon as of now, creating a glorious income of 3 bugs. i'd argue that stuff is quite readable compared to say japanese MTL's. perhaps you have a point when talking about a more established dev/game, but as of now i think your wish is a bit unrealistic.
This game looks promising, how far is it from completion?
dude it's an initial 0.1 version. i can't speak for the dev, but i'd assume it's quite far away from completion.

Cess99CQA

Jul 26, 2022
I liked it, it's the first version. It looks like you've been working hard. Take some time, to desaturate yourself from the idea and then reexamine it.

Loomer

Feb 14, 2018
The bones for a good Night Games-type game are there but there's still more work to be done. The girls level and scale too closely with the main character that winning is not guaranteed and not fun, I have pretty much had to spam charm and just hope for the best. I haven't tried the patreon build but I'm sure there are going to be more areas to improve moving forward.

Another comment on the gameplay would be deciding how the battle system is fleshed out. You have the stats but right now the actual moveset is pretty generic and straightforward. I think you'll need to decide sooner rather than later if the MC's movesets can become more specialized or if they'll learn a little bit of everything from the current girls and any additional girls you add to the game.

But definitely a good start. Interested to see how this one evolves and hope you continue to make bigger and better improvements on the game.

Reactions: frostgames

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The bones for a good Night Games-type game are there but there's still more work to be done. The girls level and scale too closely with the main character that winning is not guaranteed and not fun, I have pretty much had to spam charm and just hope for the best. I haven't tried the patreon build but I'm sure there are going to be more areas to improve moving forward.

Another comment on the gameplay would be deciding how the battle system is fleshed out. You have the stats but right now the actual moveset is pretty generic and straightforward. I think you'll need to decide sooner rather than later if the MC's movesets can become more specialized or if they'll learn a little bit of everything from the current girls and any additional girls you add to the game.

But definitely a good start. Interested to see how this one evolves and hope you continue to make bigger and better improvements on the game.
It is a really bad idea to just spam charm, it's damage scales not only with your charisma but also with the enemy arousal, the more arousal they currently have the less damage charm will inflict. It is a good skill at the beginning of the fight, especially if you put some extra points in charisma but you should probably avoid it after 50% arousal unless you are using it to combo a bigger buff from chaotic essence.

The variety of moves will increase with time and I will probably create one more path to compete with determination and chaotic essence then start adding talents, many generics and a few custom from each path for players to choose.

Reactions: Lou111

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
kinda offtopic, but there was a game called "battle arena reyka" around here not long ago that was pretty much a sequel to night games where you played the "boss lady" from the original. it appears to be gone now though (i can't find it again). copyright issues perhaps? does anyone know?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
kinda offtopic, but there was a game called "battle arena reyka" around here not long ago that was pretty much a sequel to night games where you played the "boss lady" from the original. it appears to be gone now though (i can't find it again). copyright issues perhaps? does anyone know?
quoting myself... well, i found the game again, if anyone is interested. it has simply no spaces, so "battlearenareyka". for the ones that want a female protagonist. it's not much content so far, but i took a quick glance at the dev's site and it looks like they are still working on it.

Reactions: Taisha

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
0.2.1 is out for patreons, the 0.2 public release will probably only arrive tomorrow because I am going to upgrade it a little, 0.2a will come with the in game guide I created for 0.2.1(it helps to guide you to all the currently available quests and activities in the game outside of combat) and the improved AI, maybe a few of the new actions.
Of course compared to 0.1 it will also have Shion(the oni) and your first visit to her world.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The oni really seems like Himika from monster girl dreams
Yes there was even a discussion because of it in the comments on itch, they are on the same position, both are red oni with white hair but they are diferent drawings. The body proportions are diferent, diferent art style, eyes, face etc. Put them side by side if you want to compare.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Yes there was even a discussion because of it in the comments on itch, they are on the same position, both are red oni with white hair but they are diferent drawings. The body proportions are diferent, diferent art style, eyes, face etc. Put them side by side if you want to compare.
i bet you regret making her look so similar to himika by now lol. kinda crazy how everyone feels the need to point that out again and again instead of adding something new you can work with.
just saw that things got updated. gonna test it out later.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
i bet you regret making her look so similar to himika by now lol. kinda crazy how everyone feels the need to point that out again and again instead of adding something new you can work with.
just saw that things got updated. gonna test it out later.
I do, there will be no character similar to one from another game again, at least not on purpose. Too much of a headache with people claiming it is the same and that I stole the art etc.

Last edited:

Blackh20

Feb 20, 2018
isnt the demon/oni in this game just himika from monster girl dream just the pose inverted
Definitely an asset flip the person here took the original and removed a few assets smoothed over the hands replaced the face, just took a few seconds cross reviewing. If you check the MGD wiki thats a copy for sure, nice catch. ah well, hopefully its a lesson learned lol, kinda funnny.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes