VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
I mean, not really, i finished a chunk of the side content and the main story in around 40 hours.
Some people are 60 hours into it and haven't finished it yet, so it kinda depends. But still 40 hours is quite a lot

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
This may as well be abandoned lmao
Not how the abandoned tag works. If there is no activity for 3 months(or the dev says they stopped work on the game indefinitely) then they apply the tag. Voodoo Monkey is rather active on patreon so there is no reason to mark abandoned.

werius

Jan 4, 2018

Quick Status/Life Update
Hey Everyone! Dang it's been way too long since my last status update and I've been way too quite as of late. I just wanted to give a quick status update on what's been going on and where the game update stands.
Man, not sure where to start, but I've been struggling with being massively burned out and have been trying to drag myself out of it. At my main job, in November through December, we've been under really heavy crunch and stress so that was really tough. I was still at my desk almost every night trying to make constant progress but I definitely saw my productivity tanking hard.
Back in October when I did the big kinktober nightly animations, I was trying to really improve my technique with animation because I realized how bad I was when actually making sprite animations for the combat module. That and I was experimenting with a lot of new techniques, creating 3d scenes and tests in an effort to create better tools for myself or environments but I ended up failing in a lot of places. But now I know what definitely doesn't work haha.
At the beginning of January, I got some wonderful news that my landlord wants to sell the house that I'm in and my lease it up at the end of February. So that threw a giant wrench into everything again, spent a lot of time this month getting the house ready and house hunting. Still no luck on a place but it'll get there.
Anyways, I'm not trying to use any of that as an excuse, it's just a bunch of shit all at once lol. I've been drawing or doing dev work most nights and streaming a lot with a closed group of nsfw artists and have been doing nsfw artist Q&A's/podcasts basically every Saturday which has been great. Sadly I can't actually share any of those interviews yet as they haven't been made public but we're working to create a platform for it. Can't really post NSFW artist streams haha as we talking about all things lewd.
Last week we interviewed . Professional AAA concept artist that also does lewd work.
The other week we had a great talk with . Attached is the drawpile image. We were all drawing on the same canvas which interviewing him (about 12 artists drawing at the same time). The final result was amazing.
Alright now news about the game. Sadly it's still not ready. I still need to finish up Bhobs combat animations which are in progress and the main battle BG and buttoning up the code with Pale Horse. Dialogue scenes are almost done as well. This update itself will be kind of short as far as play time because of getting the combat/exploration mechanic working and linking into the questing system. But once the system is working, everything for the rest of the Beast Hunting Story arc is just story at that point, no more intense coding or development.
My plan with Lylas Curse is to have Episode 1 of the game fully completed this year and polished. Then put it on steam. Then start Episode 2 with everything I've learned developing this.
I thank every single one of you that has continued to support me and this project and welcome to the new supporters as well! I am fully devoted to this project, just life really got in the way as of late. You guys are seriously the best!
And special thanks to the following peeps who have been holding the fort on the Lylas Curse Discord Server:
Ninehorsehitch
Defrancofan
Twistedmind
Leif
Hiddengenus
Quibone

Reactions: Redmoon82

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Those interviews...waste of time in my opinion. Dude has done satisfying animations from the start in 2-fucking-O-17! and now he's telling us that he's failed to improve on them? Why did he even bother? Correct me if I am wrong but that guy might be fucking with his patrons.

Reactions: Mev423 and jowishg

Back

Aug 3, 2017
At the beginning of January, I got some wonderful news that my landlord wants to sell the house that I'm in and my lease it up at the end of February. So that threw a giant wrench into everything again, spent a lot of time this month getting the house ready and house hunting. Still no luck on a place but it'll get there.
Unexpected moves are stressful (and expensive). I've been there and it sucks. I don't know how it is in your part of the world, but I especially hate the part about paying potential landlords or management companies just for the privilege of an interview. Hope VoodooMonkey finds a nice place, and one that's better if VM's lucky enough. Things might get complicated with Covid out there. Take care of your basic needs first. Don't put it off. Be safe and best of luck!

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes