Apr 18, 2020
Even if you mod it hard they're two essentially different games. Personally, none of the mods I saw picked my interest and I'd rather not waste too much time figuring out modding another game.

Here's a question for the knowledgeable fellas: Why is that, when you go indoors, sometimes you can see and hear overworld activity? I have my base at the central spot, and when going down the dungeon at certain floors it becomes a mess of name tags and job icons all over the place.
Indoor distance between adjacent houses is also reduced compared to their overworld placement. Any way to avoid or attenuate these issues?
I want to add my own theory onto this
Think of the game world as a 3D box (which it is)
a 3D box with many layers and Each missions has Layers of their own in different locations
The "Dungeon" for example, its PlayZone layer is roughly around here, high above the skybox
1727710856732.png
Why do I suspect this?
I got a nice old base around the play area and I keep seeing "training" "log" "livestock" "harvest" icon popping up for me when I went into the Dungeon, after a while those icon disappear and does not appear at the same spot
I think what happen is the game aren't suppose to show those icons while you're in the dungeon, but those icons will "float" into the player's screen from off-screen map, so when you move around the Dungeon level, those icon takes sometime to disappear from view. 1727709987677.png
So yea, minor inconveniences if you set your base near the Dungeon or the middle of the map

The other places has their own layers OR just on the same layer as the Overworld
The Gate/Tunnel section for the Three Gem is a good example as it's just slightly lowered layer to the Overworld,
Ask a NPC to follow you and you can set his/her movement near the inner Gate, when Scouts goes near the Gate, your Friendly NPC will detect them and go out and fight them...assuming people are like me playing with no invisible wall option on
(honestly it's more hard since you can't abuse it like where my Old base is, but you can use stone bench to section it off :3 )
The Lab area layer is slightly lowered than the Red Lab Gate, I know because I put the Man's Son & Son's wife in the Lab area and every time I just see Two heart appear below the Red Lab Gate xD

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos
Apr 18, 2020
Before further reading, just know that I already triggered this "WIP" green diamond shape and know where that underground Jail is.

My question here is,
I saw some previous old photo of a Green Diamond shape appear in this yellow circle location in this middle island and I can't seen to find anyone mention it...Wonder if the Original Poster know what it is...
1727711440992.png

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
Before further reading, just know that I already triggered this "WIP" green diamond shape and know where that underground Jail is.

My question here is,
I saw some previous old photo of a Green Diamond shape appear in this yellow circle location in this middle island and I can't seen to find anyone mention it...Wonder if the Original Poster know what it is...
View attachment 4085794
they removed it after the new update, as they are still thinking about the main story

• Hey there
Reactions: UnknownLurkingUser

FootBe

Sep 2, 2024
Even if you mod it hard they're two essentially different games. Personally, none of the mods I saw picked my interest and I'd rather not waste too much time figuring out modding another game.

Here's a question for the knowledgeable fellas: Why is that, when you go indoors, sometimes you can see and hear overworld activity? I have my base at the central spot, and when going down the dungeon at certain floors it becomes a mess of name tags and job icons all over the place.
Indoor distance between adjacent houses is also reduced compared to their overworld placement. Any way to avoid or attenuate these issues?
I was a little curious myself, and decided to test a theory.
I assumed the houses would simply be being stored either above or below the overworld.
Someone a couple pages back showed that you can go up infinitely, so it likely wasn't up.
So I decided to go into a house, grab a whole bunch of stairs, and stack them on top of each other until I couldn't anymore.
Once I was about 15-20~ stairs up, I couldn't see the stairs because of the overworld grass in the way.

TLDR: Indoors is actually just stored a little bit below the overworld.
a 3D box with many layers and Each missions has Layers of their own in different locations
The "Dungeon" for example, its PlayZone layer is roughly around here, high above the skybox
View attachment 4085762
Why do I suspect this?
I got a nice old base around the play area and I keep seeing "training" "log" "livestock" "harvest" icon popping up for me when I went into the Dungeon, after a while those icon disappear and does not appear at the same spot
I think what happen is the game aren't suppose to show those icons while you're in the dungeon, but those icons will "float" into the player's screen from off-screen map, so when you move around the Dungeon level, those icon takes sometime to disappear from view. View attachment 4085731
So yea, minor inconveniences if you set your base near the Dungeon or the middle of the map

The other places has their own layers OR just on the same layer as the Overworld
The Gate/Tunnel section for the Three Gem is a good example as it's just slightly lowered layer to the Overworld,
Ask a NPC to follow you and you can set his/her movement near the inner Gate, when Scouts goes near the Gate, your Friendly NPC will detect them and go out and fight them...assuming people are like me playing with no invisible wall option on
(honestly it's more hard since you can't abuse it like where my Old base is, but you can use stone bench to section it off :3 )
The Lab area layer is slightly lowered than the Red Lab Gate, I know because I put the Man's Son & Son's wife in the Lab area and every time I just see Two heart appear below the Red Lab Gate xD
Oh so im not the only one having the same Problem i assumed my Game was broken but i see that its only a Bug good to know, But now im curious about what caused this Bug to happen because its rather Funny seeing all those icons pop up

knuthamsun

Aug 1, 2020
View attachment 4085762
Why do I suspect this?
I think what happen is the game aren't suppose to show those icons while you're in the dungeon, but those icons will "float" into the player's screen from off-screen map, so when you move around the Dungeon level, those icon takes sometime to disappear from view. View attachment 4085731

These overlaps can be pretty funny sometimes. But I do wish if they could remove them in future updates, if possible.
20240827210647_1.jpg

• Wow

DKing369

Jan 8, 2023
is there a way to make an archer tower so my guard can shoot from the tower and aim to outside the wall ?

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
is there a way to make an archer tower so my guard can shoot from the tower and aim to outside the wall ?
A tower, no. But you could always use stairs and platforms to get to a higher vantage point. I haven't tried shooting arrows like that though so not sure how effective it would be. But it'd be interesting to experiment ;)

DKing369

Jan 8, 2023
A tower, no. But you could always use stairs and platforms to get to a higher vantage point. I haven't tried shooting arrows like that though so not sure how effective it would be. But it'd be interesting to experiment ;)
You should be able to make one out of platforms and stairs. Not sure how effective it would be.
I just tried it and it works well with platform and stairs. never use them on my playthrough before so i didnt know that i can set the height of the stairs XD. my archer guards can hit them without issue. sorry i cant post the the pic because my archer is the dlc red raid archer so it can shoot unlimited arrow. thanks for the advice

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
If no sexual content isn't a deal breaker you should be able to find that using the proper tags. You will need a decent gaming PC.
you mean the gorelover games like citadel? that's weaksauce, wake me up once a feet feitsh focused game has detailed gore about the feet, i'm too old to get my dingus up for gore for gore sake, mad island gives me gore and pussy :BootyTime:

Is there any aesthetic mod and where to download it?
i wasn't active during workshop experiment because it was a beta and i didn't want to mess up my saves but from the messages i can see in steam discussions, workshop disabled mods for some reason, i don't know if it was gaben or emadeplus that did it.

DarkLord92

Nov 7, 2020
I caught a Large female native and put her in a cage, but she won't eat the meat I have inside. What do I use to tame her ?

LaylaAzure

Nov 22, 2020
I caught a Large female native and put her in a cage, but she won't eat the meat I have inside. What do I use to tame her ?
If you have them in your inventory... you can hover your mouse over them and see what they consume and how much they will give to the native if there's multiple of em... now If I remember correctly the large ones need to be fed an orb and If I am correct, they need fighter orb to be tamed which you can get from lvl 50+ raid... and I'm sure the other in here would tell you if there's a different way than getting them from Raiders...

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
On a side note, the NPC doesn't need to be in your inventory. If they're already in a cage and you hover over their icon, you'll get the same information about their favorite food.

Reactions: flannan
Apr 18, 2020
If you have them in your inventory... you can hover your mouse over them and see what they consume and how much they will give to the native if there's multiple of em... now If I remember correctly the large ones need to be fed an orb and If I am correct, they need fighter orb to be tamed which you can get from lvl 50+ raid... and I'm sure the other in here would tell you if there's a different way than getting them from Raiders...
Well...only from Elite Raiders for sure, Red armor BDSM Looking guys, remember to bring a Ruck to gather them easier if you're someone like me going for 138+ raiders at once with Katana slicing through enemy advances

Random gameplay tip :
Get one of your Friendly NPC captured once,
Go and save him/her (or not),
When you beat the Guard, steal his "Decoy Charm",
Put it on a NPC with "Survivor" Combat setting,
Now you're able to lure away the Raiders waves and not worry about anything, I think this is a dev oversight but this is a good way to capture tons of "High level Raiders in a selected location" like the 2nd Picture
1727789234573.png

The 2nd Picture xd
1727789516616.png

Mr.khoa

Apr 20, 2021
Well...only from Elite Raiders for sure, Red armor BDSM Looking guys, remember to bring a Ruck to gather them easier if you're someone like me going for 138+ raiders at once with Katana slicing through enemy advances

Random gameplay tip :
Get one of your Friendly NPC captured once,
Go and save him/her (or not),
When you beat the Guard, steal his "Decoy Charm",
Put it on a NPC with "Survivor" Combat setting,
Now you're able to lure away the Raiders waves and not worry about anything, I think this is a dev oversight but this is a good way to capture tons of "High level Raiders in a selected location" like the 2nd Picture
View attachment 4088591

The 2nd Picture xd
View attachment 4088603
Is that NPC "nun" a secret NPC(SSR NPC), sir ?

Kizuroo

Aug 13, 2018
Okay so i saw that John na Guide said there is 2 locations for mandrake to appear i tried to look for a map or something but i didn't found it so can anybody help me a little i really want sadako

KillEAK86

Feb 18, 2018
Okay so i saw that John na Guide said there is 2 locations for mandrake to appear i tried to look for a map or something but i didn't found it so can anybody help me a little i really want sadako
In the swamp area run into the small fern bushes and the mandrake should pop up sometimes it spawns randomly just be quick to kill it

Reactions: John8r9
4.40 star(s) 59 Votes