KingCoon

Apr 30, 2018
This game looks sick as hell but is there any way to disable certain content? i fucking hate spiders and want to know if there is a way to disable that content?

ImaWizard

Sep 1, 2023
Won't work for you though. You mentioned going for the 'sarcastic' option. Doing that kills that particular quest. I made the same mistake.

Only way out is to reset the Shino quest. You'll have to restart it from scratch, but luckily that's not a very long one.

I explain how to do this here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-18-beta-steam-e-made.209671/post-14930983

Note that I mention a quicker way in a PS at the bottom.

The guide above is for the main quest, but for Shino it should be much easier and less risky, as it only involves ONE quest. I can't double-check just now but I'm pretty sure the name you'll want to reset this one is Sub_Shino. Either look for that name in your savefile or use the /qp command as explained in the above linked post.
got it. thanks !

Reactions: Denkader

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
This game looks sick as hell but is there any way to disable certain content? i fucking hate spiders and want to know if there is a way to disable that content?
I don't think you can disable that. You could just ignore it, but then you wouldn't get the spider workbench recipe. I hate spiders too, so I feel your pain. I managed to power through it, but it clearly wasn't my favorite part.

One thing you could try is to make one really powerful NPC follow you (I recommend either the giantess or better yet an android) and let them do the fighting for you. Just close your eyes until it's over LOL.

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think you can disable that. You could just ignore it, but then you wouldn't get the spider workbench recipe. I hate spiders too, so I feel your pain. I managed to power through it, but it clearly wasn't my favorite part.

One thing you could try is to make one really powerful NPC follow you (I recommend either the giantess or better yet an android) and let them do the fighting for you. Just close your eyes until it's over LOL.
I guess I am the only one around who storm through them, didn't even pay attention to those spiders and never went back to the cave because the Spider workbench imo just isn't my thing xD
A lot of the craftable item in the Spider workbench is meh and can be ignored I would say.

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
I guess I am the only one around who storm through them, didn't even pay attention to those spiders and never went back to the cave because the Spider workbench imo just isn't my thing xD
A lot of the craftable item in the Spider workbench is meh and can be ignored I would say.
True. Probably just the completist in me who wanted that workbench, even if I don't really use it haha.

When/if I start over from scratch, I'm very likely to skip this one.

KingCoon

Apr 30, 2018

Damn that sucks. yeah for me i have a really bad fear of spiders and i want to give try this game out but dont want run into that by mistake enjoying the rest of the game, are they just in that one part of the map?

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Damn that sucks. yeah for me i have a really bad fear of spiders and i want to give try this game out but dont want run into that by mistake enjoying the rest of the game, are they just in that one part of the map?
Yes, there is one cave that's full of spiders with a giant spider boss. I think they aren't present in the rest of the map, including other caves.
If you do not want to check spoiler map, the spider cave is to the north-west of the starting point.

Reactions: KingCoon

KingCoon

Apr 30, 2018
Yes, there is one cave that's full of spiders with a giant spider boss. I think they aren't present in the rest of the map, including other caves.
If you do not want to check spoiler map, the spider cave is to the north-west of the starting point.
alright then. thanks for the help. i go ahead and check out the game then since it looks promising as hell. hope you have a wonderful day or night wherever you are.

Apr 18, 2020
Spider Storage is really good. And available much earlier than Cloud Storage. Everything else is too spidery to my taste.
Actually, I did wonder why people come to the conclusion on the Spider Storage being good...
I honestly can't think of it being good and you'll see the reason why.

[Me from the future, the "following post" is made by someone who clearly misread the entire thing from "storage" to "chest", He forgot to realized he doesn't use "Storages" at all, what a Dumbass lmao xD, but he doesn't want it go to waste so yea, feel free to skip to the end for the actual followup...]

For Early game, you already got Wooden Chest available from the start, even so the Iron workbench gets you the Iron chest
For Mid game, to Obtain Wind/Sand/Plant workbench, you're able to go to their location and grab it
However for Spider workbench, you need to go through the Spider cave and fight the Spider boss to obtain it
For late game, you need to go through that Cursed land where you can obtain that "Pretty" Workbench after the Giant fight and then combine the Wind workbench with Pretty workbench for that End game chest
1728946851672.png
(Note : The Dead body there is NOT a mistake or a joke, you can easily store items in dead bodies and put them in Chest to extend the storage spaces)

Now that's not really something worthy to mention
What is worthy to mention is that...
Spider chest only got 10 slots.....
While Iron chest has 15 slots
And if I had to say Plant chest & Harvest box (yes Harvest box) is by far the BEST storage you can obtain for Mid game
As both of them are "NPC friendly"(No collision) and Plant chest can retire your Iron chest as it requires Iron chest to craft
For the End game, Ruck can literally become your New "Mobile" storage as they got 40 slots by default, you can extend their slots with the Pocket obtain from Trader
1728947430432.png

[Me after writing the above post and fail to realized that you were mentioning Storage instead of Chest, fuckin' lmao...In my defense, I have not slept at all, 5~7am in the morning writing moment]

Hmm...I can see why people prefer Spider "Storage" with it's 10 slot storage space compare to 5 slot for the other two
Then again I never used them at all...I just don't see the reason of using it instead of grabbing it from the "Chest"
Not to mention how they really don't look that good...Sorry Devs and the Artist, I cannot dig with the Wind/Spider Storage looks
They may as well merge the Function of "extend slots for workbenches" with the regular chest from the game instead of being a separate thing...just my own opinion on this one.
1728949250102.png

Apr 18, 2020
Fiannan forgot about one(two) more location of spiders...

There is a Deeper color Forest where Wolves roams around, there will be Spiders in it but you hardly be able to see them if you're just running by it
I said (two) because there are two of this kind of forest separated by a Mountain

KingCoon

Apr 30, 2018
Fiannan forgot about one(two) more location of spiders...

There is a Deeper color Forest where Wolves roams around, there will be Spiders in it but you hardly be able to see them if you're just running by it
I said (two) because there are two of this kind of forest separated by a Mountain
fuck me. ok then. for my own sake ill check out some game play and see how they look to see and if i can suck it up and deal. if not well then my loss. sorry to be sounding like a bitch over something that really isn't that serious and thanks for the heads up.

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
fuck me. ok then. for my own sake ill check out some game play and see how they look to see and if i can suck it up and deal. if not well then my loss. sorry to be sounding like a bitch over something that really isn't that serious and thanks for the heads up.
Those probably won't bother you, they're really small. The boss is another story, but those other ones, yeah, small and weak. Just one slash of your sword and they're done. Those don't bother me. And they're sort of rare, too. There are tons of them in the spider cave, but in the forest not so many. Or maybe I just don't go there often enough, I dunno, haha.

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes