JeremyJ123bb

Apr 26, 2021
I'm not able to see any of the mods for this game in the steam workshop, in fact, I can't see the community hub for this game at all. I can see the workshops for any other game I search for. Does anyone have any insight into this, or an alternative location for game mods?

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I'm not able to see any of the mods for this game in the steam workshop, in fact, I can't see the community hub for this game at all. I can see the workshops for any other game I search for. Does anyone have any insight into this, or an alternative location for game mods?
The game certainly has a community hub, as full of questions as this thread. It probably requires you to be 18+ to enter.
But workshop is locked from outsiders, probably due to copyright problems. Only those who have bought the game on Steam can access it.

JeremyJ123bb

Apr 26, 2021
The game certainly has a community hub, as full of questions as this thread. It probably requires you to be 18+ to enter.
But workshop is locked from outsiders, probably due to copyright problems. Only those who have bought the game on Steam can access it.
Thank you for clearing that up!

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
What resources can't be acquired without natives?
1) Pig farm produces special pigs, called "pork", and they give special meat used for cooking. Or you can just keep those pigs as pets. These can't be obtained any other way.
2) Wool and milk can be harvested from sheep and cows respectively in breeding farms. Milk is good for cooking, while wool is less useful.
3) Natives set to "gathering" sometimes bring small exp berries. They can also be looted from enemies, but this is unreliable.
4) Mines in the far north sometimes produce diamonds. They say it depends on coordinates, not biome.
There are alternative sources of diamonds, but they are also difficult.
For example, one can fight high-level raids to get warrior orbs and exchange them for diamonds at a trader.
Still, I think going to the dungeon is the most plentiful source of diamonds, and mining for them is not a very good idea.

That's all I know. But it's possible the developers will add more in the future.

Reactions: timmy95 and John8r9

charabit781

May 21, 2020
If you put decoy amulets on NPCs and set combat to survivor which make them do nothing and won't take any incoming damage your NPC become unkillable bait to lure all the raiders where you can capture or kill them one by one but make sure they don't spot you first

Aug 13, 2020
High lv raids are actually a better source of diamonds because you can make a very simple setup of iron spikes and elevated platforms to kite the enemies and easily kill hundreds of them with minimal effort. The real tedium would be looting all the bodies. Dungeon diamonds are far in between and fairly unreliable to get from chests.

Reactions: John8r9

charabit781

May 21, 2020
High lv raids are actually a better source of diamonds because you can make a very simple setup of iron spikes and elevated platforms to kite the enemies and easily kill hundreds of them with minimal effort. The real tedium would be looting all the bodies. Dungeon diamonds are far in between and fairly unreliable to get from chests.
You can use normal Ruck to suck all items from the bodies or turn old natives into elder natives they can make diamons from mining site

Reactions: flannan

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
I tried some stuff to see how realistic this game would be (just for the lols)...

And turns out if you faint someone and capture them as an item, getting their "food" to MAX, 'drop' them on the floor, take off limbs (tried everything but the head... Just felt too much to decapitate a tribal I captured), and then recruiting them, makes the game ignore the cutted limbs, and you'll have NPCs floating, or using 'enchanted' tools and weapons (invisibile limbs).

Tried it once, but then reloaded... It was weird enough though
I tested this too, but the other way around. Cut off their limbs (except the head--that will kill them BTW) *then* put them in a cage and fed them to MAX. Worked like a charm. It's like the NPC totally ignores the fact that you mutilated them and then thank you for it "yes! I want to be your friend now". Huh. Weird as hell.

SpadeDraco

Jun 17, 2017
I tap out like it says (and also to avoid being raped) but even when they do kill me they just hang in the area and if I move somewhere else the game spawns another raid. Also how do I get stronger because I've been practicing bow but I can't find a skill associated with it and no matter how arrows I use she makes no improvement. I see a Strength, Health, and Speed stats but nothing that looks related to bow. The club is useless cause it does so little damage. And I can't survive long enough to get industry going to make better gear.

Honestly it's not actually worth setting up a base early on. Just gather the rocks/sticks/bushes you need to make an axe/pickaxe, then chop trees and make a wood workbench. Then make a spear. Store your bed/campire/workbenches in your backpack (opened from menu on the right).

The spear is suitable for beating all the early bosses. The order I do things (reference the guide in the OP) is:

Go east as Yona and beat Old Man, Takumi Fight 1, and Takumi Fight 2. Get a point in health regen and put the rest in "smash" for now. Grab the schematics for the plant workbench in the swamp and if you're feeling comfortable with the combat by this point then go ahead and kill the swamp boss "Planton" and grab his biome gem.

Then warp back to starting camp and kill "Spike" and "The Native Boss". This will unlock the ability to actually place your base in a location of your choosing. NOW you can plop down a Leaf Mascot and build to your hearts content if you like.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: flannan

Incubusknight

Aug 7, 2021
What got added after 0.16? Btw, I'm not talking about just the bug fixes, I'm asking about content.
I'd recommend taking a look at the "changelog" on the origional post.
Most games here on this site have them, which includes any new content.
As far as Mad Island goes though, it was only in 0.17 that really added anything.
0.18 was just fixes/adjustments so not too many changes since 0.16.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

tf8869

Sep 19, 2021
I prefer to play with the female protagonist but am I missing something? I've seen that playing with the male protagonist gives more scene.

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes