sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
hahaha take that you work from home fucks, you would want to go to the office every day if the women dressed this sexy

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
I had forgotten how frustrating this game could be. I am stuck in the bar with the old guy, the bartender and Serena outside. How do I get out of there?

Louana

Jan 25, 2021
Is the NTR just the beginning of the game with our ex-wife or is there more to it than that?

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
I dislike these self-insert classifications because they sidestep the broader arguement on whether these stories are actually interesting from a 3rd-person perspective. Whether people identify with the narrator is only useful for insulating or bolstering egos, depending on the story. But it has nothing to do with how enjoyable a tale is on its storytelling elements.

It also sidesteps the concept that there are people like myself who don't want to see bad things happening to people, even if they're not happening to the player. It's fiction for sure, that's not to say people can't enjoy twists and turns and misfortunes and triumphs and the whole range of human emotions, but when games with gratuitous cruelty have posters talking about "lol I dont self insert so I dont have a problem with it, all I really hear is "I'm fine with bad things happening to others as long as its not me" aka the MO of sniveling loners everywhere.

To the first point, at the start this story WAS interesting for me early on, had twists and turns and a ton of voyeurism and intrigue(regardless of if I imagine myself as Matt or just reading a story from the 3rd person). But I echo the original poster's sentiments that after subsequent releases, it's really turned into a dull tale of "ooooo look at how all these characters are putting one over on the main character behind his back, so scandalous!" :sleep:
Your trying to make yourself appear objective here but you actually arent because you say "to the first point at the start this story was interesting" which from the start everyone was betraying matt and doing shit behind his back and now you say its turning dull at the end just because the story is not turning out the way you want it to, you didnt get your, and they all lived happily ever after ending that these other people are complaining about. Not every story has a happy ending just like not everyones lives turn out happy and the way they wanted it to. And then you contradicted yourself by saying you know its fictional but then say "people like me dont want to see bad things happening to people" like you just said they arent real people! Its all for entertainment and to see things we dont normally see. Just because I can comprehend the fact that these characters are fake and you cant, doesnt mean im a loner. I would actually argue that you humanizing fictional characters like they are real is more of a loner trait, like a child with an imaginary friend. This story has been doing the same thing all along but all of a sudden you expect it to just do a 360 to fit your preferences. I'll end this with a quote from The Rollling Stones "You cant always get what ya waaaaaant."

Reactions: Jstforme

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Your trying to make yourself appear objective here but you actually arent because you say "to the first point at the start this story was interesting" which from the start everyone was betraying matt and doing shit behind his back and now you say its turning dull at the end just because the story is not turning out the way you want it to, you didnt get your, and they all lived happily ever after ending that these other people are complaining about. Not every story has a happy ending just like not everyones lives turn out happy and the way they wanted it to. And then you contradicted yourself by saying you know its fictional but then say "people like me dont want to see bad things happening to people" like you just said they arent real people! Its all for entertainment and to see things we dont normally see. Just because I can comprehend the fact that these characters are fake and you cant, doesnt mean im a loner. I would actually argue that you humanizing fictional characters like they are real is more of a loner trait, like a child with an imaginary friend. This story has been doing the same thing all along but all of a sudden you expect it to just do a 360 to fit your preferences. I'll end this with a quote from The Rollling Stones "You cant always get what ya waaaaaant."
The start WAS interesting. The stuff with the boss, then the ex double crossing, that was a great setup to the story. But then as time goes on it's like okay, let's get real, the entire game is about anna & other women fucking around nonstop while denying matt. Yes, matt fucks, but the pairings are definitely done in a contrived way that would appeal far more to ntr-lovers.

I'm surprised the dev didn't just go 100% and embrace it, like Anna being Matt's new girlfriend after his split, and she's going out and fucking half the town every night. I don't need a happily ever after ending, I only need a story that isn't chock full of boring tropes. I used to be a huge fan of this game - prolly throughout S1 entirety, but then when s2 begins with the extremely long Randy house scene it's like cmon already.... I've seen this before.

Reactions: Chumpyman

ding123

Apr 5, 2019
This is not a game. You can just decide if you want to watch a scene or not - the rest is kinetic.
You have been warned.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
OK, My thoughts on the update:

In general, I loved most of the update.

Disclaimer... I'm not an NTR lover and I'm rooting for Matt. So Without further a due:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, a good update... Even the parts I did not like is part of the plot that builds the tension between Matt, Ramon, Anna and Williams.

Can not wait for the next update. Hopefully we will get a hero sooner next time :)

Reactions: DonDimonGames

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Is the NTR just the beginning of the game with our ex-wife or is there more to it than that?
Depends on what you define as NTR, But I will say that if you ask that quesion (And do not tolerate NTR) maybe this game is not for you.

A more precise answer is the following.

The MC divorces his wife. His new female work partner has no interest in him sexually or romantically (There is good reasons for this...her ex partner) His partner love sex so she continues having sex. Not sure if she will ultimately be a LI for him.

So no GF and no wife = No NTR ??

So it's a journey, our MC has a few one night stands and flings along the way to recover from his divorce, but nothing serious.

The he meets and upper-class hooker and falls in love with her. Guess what a hooker does.... NTR?

Also another girl falls madly in love with him, but currently has a boyfriend. Guess what couples do... NTR?
(She does plan on breaking up with her BF, but we will see how that goes)

So Long story short, It's a game about normal people having sex with each other, that could be seen as NTR, but is not your typical NTR game (Depths of despair with MC destined to not find love)

This game is different in that the MC are slowly building up his self-esteem and it seems like he will be able to get the girl (not sure who yet) in the end. I do see there are NTR lovers that also love the game.

I think the above describes the general tone of the game pretty well. If it bothers you, this might not be the game for you.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
The term some of us like to use is self-insertion. For whatever reason, many that play these things take on the role of the MC, that's why they get so emotional about certain things. I never do that...it doesn't even occur to me to do that. For me, it would be the equivalent of becoming Aragorn when I read LotR. No, sorry, I am curious about how the story unfolds, but I don't make that mental shift. Buuut.....for some, it's their way of playing these things and I just have to virtually pat them on the back remind them, it will be ok. :)
Hmmmm.... But I'm pretty sure you rooted for Aragorn and not Sauron or Saruman. I do not self-insert, but I root for the "good" guy that in this case is Matt.

Make no mistake, I still enjoy the store tremendously. Matt can go through pain and betrayal, but I would want his ending to be good. To destroy Williams in the end and leave Patti full of regret would be a good ending for me.

I don't mind if his path to get there is hard and full of pitfalls.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Hmmmm.... But I'm pretty sure you rooted for Aragorn and not Sauron or Saruman. I do not self-insert, but I root for the "good" guy that in this case is Matt.
Don't misunderstand. I am not using my approach as an example for all. Just the opposite. First, as an aside, I was not commenting on this story in particular. I have only a casual interest in this offering. I was specifically commenting on player style, not certain games. Underpinning my view on things is this: I don't play the same as others. Others don't play the same as me. That's ok. What is not ok, in my opinion, is how some folks defend their my way or the highway approach with a religious zeal and attempt to belittle or denigrate anyone who doesn't approach these games with the same mindset. Then, wrap that up with the supposed fact that everyone posting here is an adult and likely overwhelmingly male, I just find it incredible the amount of bickering that takes place over things so ridiculously silly.

As a 60+ y/o male there are times I just want to spank some of these posters.... ;)

Reactions: SISIMEN

toondoo1

Aug 13, 2019
this game with renpy would perform so much better, more subs, views, and post interactions. Lol. Like the characters and kinetic novel style, but gameplay with this engine isn't ideal.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Don't misunderstand. I am not using my approach as an example for all. Just the opposite. First, as an aside, I was not commenting on this story in particular. I have only a casual interest in this offering. I was specifically commenting on player style, not certain games. Underpinning my view on things is this: I don't play the same as others. Others don't play the same as me. That's ok. What is not ok, in my opinion, is how some folks defend their my way or the highway approach with a religious zeal and attempt to belittle or denigrate anyone who doesn't approach these games with the same mindset. Then, wrap that up with the supposed fact that everyone posting here is an adult and likely overwhelmingly male, I just find it incredible the amount of bickering that takes place over things so ridiculously silly.

As a 60+ y/o male there are times I just want to spank some of these posters.... ;)
I'm 100% with you on this. The Anti-NTR crowd really gets my blood boiling.

I'm no NTR lover, but I love stories where the hero needs to overcome obstacles and fight to "get the girl".
So in a Adult VN, that means there can be betrayal, cheating, jealousy etc.
So an antagonist in the game makes me really invested in a game.

Some great games with Great rivals:
Mad Turn (This one)
Big Brother: Eric
*A wife and Mother: The husband (Forgot his name now)
Long Story Short: Friend/Barman
Power Vacuum: Hunter
Pale Carnations: A lot of guys
Struggle with Sin: A lot of guys
Babysitter: Robert/Silver
New Coral City: Various rivals
Big City pleasure: The BF

*I meant "A mothers Love".... Not AWAM

You get the picture. It's not that I enjoy having the MC's girl cheat on him, but I like the possibility at least. Or to fight a rival to win over a girl. By no means is it the only way to write a great story, but it's powerful tool. And the Anti-NTR crowd just kills a game with even a hint of something like that happening.

Like you say: Their way or the highway.

Last edited:

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
Yeah, the mini games are a pain. I can leave the area from the outside of the bar? I never managed that. I'll try again. Thank you.
For what it's worth, I found out why I was stuck. You NEED to play in full screen. In windowed mode, the triggers to move away from the area aren't visible. Annoying.

Reactions: Alfius
3.80 star(s) 24 Votes