camube

Jun 4, 2022
SMGYesterday at 9:09 AM
LET'S GOOOO! Just finished writing the very last line of text for this chapter. I feel like a veteran coming out of the woods and being told the war is over. I still can't believe I finally finished it after a full year. I was about to go to sleep two hours ago but I decided against it, and I'M SO GLAD I DID because I think I wrote my best dialogue yet. Now all that is left is to play through and polish this absolute behemoth of a chapter. Anyone who's been here for long enough is gonna know that normally, I'm not very assertive with my stuff - as I'm still learning - but this time, I'm sure the next chapter will blow everyone away. It has my best animations, my best dialogue, my best...everything yet, really. No more turning corners and realizing there's stuff that needs doing, 'cause I actually did it all. Now it's time to test everything I've done and hope to god everything works. When I wake up again in about ten hours, I'm gonna post a screenshot with a word counter comparison between chapter 3.3 and 4. See you all in (roughly) ten hours!

SMGYesterday at 10:38 PM
Hi - me again. Word counter comparison between 3.3 and 4. As you can see, writing-wise, it's two updates for one, on top of tweaks to the user interface, journal system, new branching storylines, and three times the amount of renders. I got busy. After cutting everything that wasn't to my liking, I'm closing this chapter at 1656 renders. Last I checked, I had 9 animations. Even if I ended up cutting some of them I'm sure there's at least five, though - which is still five times what I've done in any other update. Not bad, huh? There's also some surprises coming, but that's a subject for another day.
View attachment 2110450
View attachment 2110451
is this on discord? i cant find it on patreon

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020

In the last three posts, I often caught myself thinking "damn - I'm really nailing this Patreon thing! I'm already posting again even though my last post was last week!", and every time, I'm met with the harsh truth. My last post was last month. Time is slipping through my fingers like boiling noodles.

I digress.

The mildly annoying...

Hey, folks. I hope you're all good, at least better than I am, 'cause - I haven't told you this - but I've actually been sick twice in the past three months. The last time, which I've only healed recently was the fiercest one. It got me coughing for two whole weeks, which might not seem like a big deal, but I'm really not used to being sick (at all). I think it's related to the new place since I'm very allergic to house dust and pretty much anything with a perceptible smell that's not edible. I spent a lot of my sick time playing Kenshi (btw, great game, go play) and fiddling with my stress-relief projects (might be posting some animations soon).

Needless to say...I haven't touched MW all that much. I'm really sorry.

Seeing as it's been one year since I've updated MW, it really got me thinking...and reading...and air-punching...

Something that's taken as the canon among players and developers is that indie games getting completed are not the rule, but the exception.
I refuse that truth. It's pretty well-established that in order to release something, you must navigate in-between the original concept and ambition of your idea and what you can actually make. But the way I see it, if I cannot bear the reality of not releasing anything new for a year, how am I supposed to say no the moment some publisher offers to take my soul for money? I've told you guys before that I intend to follow a game dev career, and MW won't be my last game. I need to be able to do wonders out of scraps if I'm gonna be anything like the guy I wanna be in a few years, and that means rejecting the very pleasing idea of releasing the game half-baked and getting some easy money. I mean, how would anyone even know? You don't have the original material to compare it to, you won't know how much I actually cut so I can push an update. You can't see inside of my head.

I understand that if I had done all the previous chapters exactly how I wanted to make them we would still be talking about Chapter 0...but that doesn't make me regret it less, because I can still see inside of my head. I'll see what it is knowing what it could've been...and that stings, man.

Chapter 4 is coming out exactly how I want it to be, regardless of how sick, poor, or stressed out I get.

Might sound too extreme and I know a lot of people don't care about this as much as I do...but I do. My games might never be among the best or even the decent ones, but I still love doing it so much.

Oh, I'm rambling again. I almost forgot to tell you about...

...the highly satisfactory.
I'm rich.

Well, not really, but...compared to where I was a week and a half ago, yeah.

Not getting too much into it, but I've recently managed to get my hands on a nice sum of cash™ - meaning - I'll no longer be worrying about money for a while, which puts me in a place where I can work more on MW and worry less about everything else.

With some of the money, I decided to acquire this bad boy right here for work purposes:

-Intel Core i5 10300h
-8 gb ram
-256 ssd
-NVidia Geforce 1650 4gb

8 gigs of ram are pretty much nothing and its storage doesn't have enough space for a fart in it, but it's good enough.

I'll be able to divide the work load between computers quite nicely, which is great, considering it wasn't cheap. The CPU also has a faster clock speed than my desktop. Let that sink in.
This is where it's sitting right now:

Disregard the complete mess...

This is where I hide from the su- *ahem* work.

I spent the last 48 hours running logistics between the two computers and listening to my favorite podcasts. The little guy has access to my assets and scene files and is ready to kick gum and chew ass. No longer will I fear getting shut out of my computer every time I'm doing rendering work. Now I can render stuff on my laptop while working from my desktop and vice versa. I'm really enjoying the upgrade.

Another win for the one-man studio.

Here hoping to have you guys witnessing the next ones.

Still at it - still winning.
Hey! That's the laptop I have! I have 6TB(*4.25) of storage and 16GB of ram though

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Capella
Oct 17, 2020
:WutFace:I need a new updaaattteeee:WutFace:
Bro I'm so fecking desperate right now for more updates and a continuation of this story.. I'm curious as to when it would be released though.. I've been replaying the current available version at least twice a month or so over n over while waiting..:cry:

PLEASE.. I BEG you.. please give us a rough timeframe on new releases sometime:cry: Been over a year at this point.. Finna start cryin like a lil hoe, beggin n shit at this point:HideThePain: :BootyTime:

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hey, guys. It's been a hot minute since I actually said anything in this thread. I'm still working on it. I just wanna let everyone know I'm currently doing post-work on the game and adding sounds. After that, it's update day!

Oct 17, 2020
Hey, guys. It's been a hot minute since I actually said anything in this thread. I'm still working on it. I just wanna let everyone know I'm currently doing post-work on the game and adding sounds. After that, it's update day!
Any idea on when that might be? Like, just a rough estimate, if that's possible.
Like, in a week, 2, a month, etc?:unsure:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm ungrateful or rushing you or something, but in reality, I just really fecking love this game lol.. I'm SO excited to finally play some more:love:

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Any idea on when that might be? Like, just a rough estimate, if that's possible.
Like, in a week, 2, a month, etc?:unsure:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm ungrateful or rushing you or something, but in reality, I just really fecking love this game lol.. I'm SO excited to finally play some more:love:
I wish I could tell you that. Every time I think I'm near the release date something pops up - but this time, considering I'm at the very last step (post-work and playthrough), I don't think it should be much longer. I just wanna finish before November ends, that's for sure.

And hey, I'm just as excited as you are for the release. :LOL:

Last edited:

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I wish I could tell you that. Every time I think I'm near the release date something pops up - but this time, considering I'm at the very last step (post-work and playthrough), I don't think it should be much longer. I just wanna finish before November ends, that's for sure.
Any chance the mc has some romance scenes with Aria?

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Oh, definitely. That wasn't a one-off. I wouldn't expect much of that for the next two chapters, though.
This sounds awesome! I look forward to the mc and her getting more and more intimate with each other. That kiss with her was fantastic.

Oct 17, 2020

And hey, I'm as excited as you for the release. :LOL:
YES! Before November ends, soo approx. 7 or so days to go (give or take a day or two in case of unforeseen stuff)..

Ugh I'm starting to get really excited now lol:LOL:

Also, just.. thank you for making this game though, it's honestly one of my most favorite games I've ever played, especially in regard to magic n stuff, so yeah.. And also probably my most sought after/most checked one:unsure::LOL:
Feckin love itttt!!;)

michaelkim

Oct 6, 2021
I think it is the best gift of thanksgiving~^_^~

And hey, I'm as excited as you for the release. :LOL:

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes