Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Very minor bug(?) on Jade's scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No big deal really, just wanted to let you know it's not displaying what it's supposed to since I'ved looked at the files and there are animations to having those settings set to "on" which aren't being used in-game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rick911

Jul 28, 2017
It *really* shows that this game has been rewritten/remade/whatever multiple times.

Vital information is NOT explained to new players. I'm assuming it used to be and got chopped? It was really hard to enjoy the story when important stuff isn't actually presented to use until 3+ scenes later. The biggest points were:

1.) Early on, Jade makes a comment that they have to make two oaths (or something) to go through the portal. One of them is they're both girls. This isn't explained here, at all. Jade and Arthur just breeze past it. The portal has no consequences for lying? It still lets us through? Is MC transgender or a tomboy or something? We're left with no explanation until meeting Miss Maeve. And this is an important bit to know about our MC.

2.) Seems like Jade is our childhood best friend at the start. We're left to just assume. Later, through the "memories" in Annie's quest, it's portrayed that she's our ex-girlfriend and we dumped her for some reason? Preeeetttttyyyy big piece of info to leave until later. If we're hearing MC's thoughts, it's implied he's our "avatar". We should know this stuff about him. It's jarring and confusing to find it out later, unless there's a reason for that (a spell backfired and messed with our memory, or the portal fried our brain because we broke the oath. Something like that. We aren't given any kind of reason, other than what seems to be bad editing.)

I like the art, I like the characters, and I like the potential! Right now though, I wouldn't recommend playing this for the next year... Not leaving this as a review because my rating would be low, and you have a good game on your hands once you fix/expand it.

Reactions: Hatchet Games

John Jonner

May 4, 2019
It *really* shows that this game has been rewritten/remade/whatever multiple times.

Vital information is NOT explained to new players. I'm assuming it used to be and got chopped? It was really hard to enjoy the story when important stuff isn't actually presented to use until 3+ scenes later. The biggest points were:

1.) Early on, Jade makes a comment that they have to make two oaths (or something) to go through the portal. One of them is they're both girls. This isn't explained here, at all. Jade and Arthur just breeze past it. The portal has no consequences for lying? It still lets us through? Is MC transgender or a tomboy or something? We're left with no explanation until meeting Miss Maeve. And this is an important bit to know about our MC.

2.) Seems like Jade is our childhood best friend at the start. We're left to just assume. Later, through the "memories" in Annie's quest, it's portrayed that she's our ex-girlfriend and we dumped her for some reason? Preeeetttttyyyy big piece of info to leave until later. If we're hearing MC's thoughts, it's implied he's our "avatar". We should know this stuff about him. It's jarring and confusing to find it out later, unless there's a reason for that (a spell backfired and messed with our memory, or the portal fried our brain because we broke the oath. Something like that. We aren't given any kind of reason, other than what seems to be bad editing.)

I like the art, I like the characters, and I like the potential! Right now though, I wouldn't recommend playing this for the next year... Not leaving this as a review because my rating would be low, and you have a good game on your hands once you fix/expand it.
As far as I remember reading, there are no special requirements to enter the portal other than them being there and she says as such. It's explained in like the first 15 minutes that there's usually no such thing as a man who can use magic so it's fairly obvious why they're trying to hide the MC's gender(as well as hiding the fact they're not from the magic realm). I see nothing referencing any kind of Oath, it's just them keeping the fact they're not from the magic realm and that the MC is a guy secret. It's even explained why the MC is doing this in the descriptive blurb for this game

rick911

Jul 28, 2017
As far as I remember reading, there are no special requirements to enter the portal other than them being there and she says as such. It's explained in like the first 15 minutes that there's usually no such thing as a man who can use magic so it's fairly obvious why they're trying to hide the MC's gender(as well as hiding the fact they're not from the magic realm). I see nothing referencing any kind of Oath, it's just them keeping the fact they're not from the magic realm and that the MC is a guy secret. It's even explained why the MC is doing this in the descriptive blurb for this game
It's not uncommon for people to download batches of games that seem interesting, then play them later. As such, I didn't read the blurb immediately before playing. And I admit my memory isn't the greatest, so I didn't remember a lick of the summary by the time I actually opened the game.

Jade's line: "Well, before summoning the portal, we have to make things clear between us." muddies the waters. It doesn't establish that they're about to tell two lies to make the portal open: I interpreted "make things clear" as the opposite, actually. It opens up a bunch of questions that the dev can fix with a little more editing.
"Oath" was me paraphrasing because I didn't remember the exact wording. But the fact is that they have to make two statement for the portal to open. From the text in the game itself, it isn't exactly clear that those two statements are lies until later. And the text of the game should provide all the knowledge, not outside blurbs, tweets, or descriptions.

I think the dev is a good writer and capable of fixing this, which is why I brought it up. It's hard to fix stuff if nobody points it out.

I realize I came across as more of an asshole than I meant to. That was my bad.

EDIT: I just realized that "make things clear between us" meant they need to get their story straight, as co-conspirators. I 100% previously interpreted it as being a component of the portal-opening spell. Not as a personal matter between the two. The entire intro makes way more sense if you're not jumping to the conclusion that saying "I'm a female witch born in the Magical Realm" is part of the portal-summoning spell...

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019
This is a very cute game, my only complaint with it is the Jade situation, it was unclear what the deal with her was in previous versions, now it clearly states she is an ex in the profile menu, personally it annoys me the presence of such a prior relationship, expecially considering how close and friendly she acts it seems like there would be absolutely no reason for them to break up, I am not completely aginst it as a narrative, if the dev wants to keep it I would suggest giving the player a little more insight on the actual reason for the break up, the ideal situation would be for the thing to not exist, as of right now I am worried that the reason could be something that will completely ruin the game for me, like someone cheating or the relationship being casual or open, I cannot stand casual sex and this game seems to be more romance oriented than sex oriented so it would fit particularly bad here, anyway the point is that either the ex thing needs to be removed or the player needs to be informed on it so they don't get disappointed later, I don't know if the dev reads this or not, either way this is one of the few games that I have only very little complaints for, so good luck in your endeavours and hopefully the ex situation is not going to ruin the rest of the game since it now officially has the harem tag.

• Haha
Reactions: Nerro

John Jonner

May 4, 2019
This is a very cute game, my only complaint with it is the Jade situation, it was unclear what the deal with her was in previous versions, now it clearly states she is an ex in the profile menu, personally it annoys me the presence of such a prior relationship, expecially considering how close and friendly she acts it seems like there would be absolutely no reason for them to break up, I am not completely aginst it as a narrative, if the dev wants to keep it I would suggest giving the player a little more insight on the actual reason for the break up, the ideal situation would be for the thing to not exist, as of right now I am worried that the reason could be something that will completely ruin the game for me, like someone cheating or the relationship being casual or open, I cannot stand casual sex and this game seems to be more romance oriented than sex oriented so it would fit particularly bad here, anyway the point is that either the ex thing needs to be removed or the player needs to be informed on it so they don't get disappointed later, I don't know if the dev reads this or not, either way this is one of the few games that I have only very little complaints for, so good luck in your endeavours and hopefully the ex situation is not going to ruin the rest of the game since it now officially has the harem tag.
Given the whole thing in the opening with her parents seemingly being very strict, my assumption is that it probably didn't have much to do with the MC and more with her parents, and now that they're in an entirely different situation the relationship can finally mend itself. Though that's speculation on my part

Reactions: DZ35
Oct 10, 2019
Given the whole thing in the opening with her parents seemingly being very strict, my assumption is that it probably didn't have much to do with the MC and more with her parents, and now that they're in an entirely different situation the relationship can finally mend itself. Though that's speculation on my part
This would be an acceptable reason, I am not sure how likely it actually is but for the sake of the game I hope you are right, I still think the player should be given more information regardless, I am just too used to games disappointing me with random things that have no place in the game.

Zereph

Dec 12, 2021
nice update. i just wish that you could choose who to be romantic with. i know its a common harem game trope to just get everyone in the story progression but most of the time at least for me it doesnt sit right. not because im against harem, but because not all characters are my type. it would be way better beeing able to decide who to be with.

btw. banger idea to be able to customise main character. love it

• Red Heart

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Love the game so far, from the art to the gameplay.
This is the 1st version I play, so I don't know how it was before, but had no issue with the U.I. at all.
Looking forward to more of the content in the next updates!

• Red Heart

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Finished the second quest and is that all there is available right now? I've slept through multiple days and talked to everyone and no new quest or anything. I read the changelog and it seems like there should be more content.

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes