RPGM Complete Magical Girl Celesphonia

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I mean, an MTL is good until a handmade translation is out so at least I know what's going on in dialogues and events instead of moonrunes. Sort of...
This game is incredibly script heavy. Any MTL you find will more then likely be broken. This is one of those games where you are better off using textractor or that new tool that was made to inject MTL into the game code. This is not the type of game MTLers should be running through Translator++ for a quick and dirty MTL. It will not work out well for you.

Asdere

Feb 1, 2018
Can't get the partial to work tho. Managed to get one working from ULMF quite a while ago but this one whines about missing pictures that are actually there. Hpara.png and Menuback.png to be specific. They are in the folder, decrypted properly as png files and it's still whining about it... I don't even know what to attempt here.

The one I managed to get working is 1.06 with a partial corresponding to that and I downloaded the 1.09 posted in this thread with the latest partial posted in this thread. Decrypted images from the 1.09 version and everything is there.

Locale is set to JP.

Last edited:

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
Can't get the partial to work tho. Managed to get one working from ULMF quite a while ago but this one whines about missing pictures that are actually there. Hpara.png and Menuback.png to be specific. They are in the folder, decrypted properly as png files and it's still whining about it... I don't even know what to attempt here.

The one I managed to get working is 1.06 with a partial corresponding to that and I downloaded the 1.09 posted in this thread with the latest partial posted in this thread. Decrypted images from the 1.09 version and everything is there.

Locale is set to JP.
I would decrypt the images and place em in the www\img folder with the encrypted ones. :p

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I was just gonna delete translated plugin commands, and notes. >w>
Dat should allow game to work?
I would caution against editing anything plugin related and more so deleting the script. if your response to breaking something is deleting it completely to fix it, you honestly should not be trying to translate the game.

Reactions: Tencuidao

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
I would caution against editing anything plugin related and more so deleting the script. if your response to breaking something is deleting it completely to fix it, you honestly should not be trying to translate the game.
O no no nothing like dat.
I mean deleting the "Intitial" translated text while leave the plugin original functions intact untranslated so it knows what to do. :p
I dont go mindlessly deleting scripts and plugins that will make the game totally unusable... XD

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
O no no nothing like dat.
I mean deleting the "Intitial" translated text while leave the plugin original functions intact untranslated so it knows what to do. :p
I dont go mindlessly deleting scripts and plugins that will make the game totally unusable... XD
I'm sorry to say, but if you try and machine translate this game you are likely to end up with a totally unusable game at the end of the day anyways as there are entire maps filled with game scripts that need to be navigated to prevent issue. This is not a good game for machine translating. It is a pain in the ass to manual translate from conversation I have had with Flazeo.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
I'm sorry to say, but if you try and machine translate this game you are likely to end up with a totally unusable game at the end of the day anyways as there are entire maps filled with game scripts that need to be navigated to prevent issue. This is not a good game for machine translating. It is a pain in the ass to manual translate from conversation I have had with Flazeo.
Well Translator++ is just a quick and easy tool but many people are shy-ed away from the work involved in using it like U have to deleted the translated text for scripts, plugin commands, and etc.
Like I'm deleting a lot of things dat looks like a command.
EX:
Original text > CallCommon [共通]瘴気影響
Initial > CallCommon [common] Miasma effect

Well the game might under stand dat if U translated the common event names to but meh better to purged the event names and the CallCommon commands to dat way Im sure it will work, plus players arent gonna see common event names anyway so why have em translated (and machine translator is not always spot on to so name can become garbaged). >w>

Sylith

Jul 1, 2018
Well Translator++ is just a quick and easy tool but many people are shy-ed away from the work involved in using it like U have to deleted the translated text for scripts, plugin commands, and etc.
Like I'm deleting a lot of things dat looks like a command.
EX:
Original text > CallCommon [共通]瘴気影響
Initial > CallCommon [common] Miasma effect

Well the game might under stand dat if U translated the common event names to but meh better to purged the event names and the CallCommon commands to dat way Im sure it will work, plus players arent gonna see common event names anyway so why have em translated (and machine translator is not always spot on to so name can become garbaged). >w>
I've already addressed what will happen if you try things like that. CallCommon command is calling the Event in CommonEvents.json with that name. If you go changing any of the CallCommon, you better make sure the corresponding event is named the same, or it won't call it. You would think the MTL would translate it the same way every time, but you never know. Unless you're renaming all the parameters as well, you don't want the MTL to mess with cut-ins, SGE, etc, or you're in for a world of fun.

I also have no clue how well the translation would even come out, as the translating I've done, I pass through several for an accuracy check as a lot lines can be brutalized.

Also, I believe Flazeo has made great progress in doing a translation so far already for everything outside of my partial.

Locale is set to JP.
I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I downloaded the 1.09 from Flazeo, and made the partial from that, and everything has worked fine thus far, and for others. I'm using just the Hpara.rpgmvp in the www\img\pictures folder and everything is fine. Your Language for non-unicode programs in control panel>region is set to Japanese? That usually works for me on Win10.

• Love

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
I've already addressed what will happen if you try things like that. CallCommon command is calling the Event in CommonEvents.json with that name. If you go changing any of the CallCommon, you better make sure the corresponding event is named the same, or it won't call it. You would think the MTL would translate it the same way every time, but you never know. Unless you're renaming all the parameters as well, you don't want the MTL to mess with cut-ins, SGE, etc, or you're in for a world of fun.

I also have no clue how well the translation would even come out, as the translating I've done, I pass through several for an accuracy check as a lot of lines can be brutalized.

Also, I believe Flazeo has made great progress in doing a translation so far already for everything outside of my partial.
I'm just doing dis for the kicks TBH... XD
So far I did get the game to work but IDK if there are any bugs in it... XD
And I still got some missing translations I need to hunt down still but hay it's actually working after I clean the Translator++ project up of dis game. >:3
So I count dat as a somewhat successful translation. :p
1616906803793.png
If anyone wants to take a stab at the rest here's the translation
file (I used Translator++ V3.2.23 for dis project btw).

Aug 22, 2018
I'm doing a full machine Translation of dis game. >w<
Dat way most of everything is translated. >w>
( Theres sum things dat if U translate it, IT BREAKS THE GAME. TwT )
People here are already working their butts off to get a "proper" translation. Please don't shit on their work at this point - all too often, a great game will get a shitty machine-translation, which then causes any "proper" translation efforts to die when the game deserves so much better.

Also please stop it with the UwU-style emoji after every sentence. It adds literally nothing to your messages except making people never, ever want to read them again.

blalalallala

Oct 15, 2020
Here are some of the maps I've translated, mainly the npc interactions in various maps
maps done:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Skipped Map002(template map) as some things when translated broke some of the maps

Not translated:
  • Names
  • Certain dialogues which contains japanese word plays (e.g. puns, misheard words)
  • Dialogues I haven't encountered in the game so there's lack of context for proper translation
  • Dialogues I didn't understand even with the help of translation apps
Disclaimer: My japanese is pretty much limited to reading hiragana and katakana + very simple grammar so I pretty much guessed the meanings with the help of translation apps. Feel free to criticize if you think it sucks.

Requires my plugin fix to OriginalCommands.js (included in the zip)
Or if you have already made some other changes to your OriginalCommands.js and want to manually edit it,
replace line109 (TickerMessage declaration) with:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sample screenshot:
aaaaaa.png

View attachment some_map_translations.zip

Asdere

Feb 1, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I downloaded the 1.09 from Flazeo, and made the partial from that, and everything has worked fine thus far, and for others. I'm using just the Hpara.rpgmvp in the www\img\pictures folder and everything is fine. Your Language for non-unicode programs in control panel>region is set to Japanese? That usually works for me on Win10.
Yep. Every possible thing is set to Japanese. Tried it with non-JP setting as well. I'm scrathing the top of my head, because the older version works just fine.

blalalallala

Oct 15, 2020
Came across an interesting material while looking at the items.
There's this 瘴変木 (miasma-corrupted wood/corrupted wood) material item that has the description:
瘴気汚染により変質した木材。とうへんぼくではない。
Which when put into a translator didn't make much sense so I went to look it up.

Seems that とうへんぼく is written in kanji as 唐変木 (looks similar to 瘴変木, spot the difference :D), and it roughly translates to a clumsy person.

Putting it together, the description can be roughly translated as:
Wood that was corrupted by miasma. Not to be confused with 唐変木 (don't know how to translate this part to english)
Just putting it out here, although I may be wrong.

Last edited:

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
People here are already working their butts off to get a "proper" translation. Please don't shit on their work at this point - all too often, a great game will get a shitty machine-translation, which then causes any "proper" translation efforts to die when the game deserves so much better.

Also please stop it with the UwU-style emoji after every sentence. It adds literally nothing to your messages except making people never, ever want to read them again.
Meh freedom of online speech so IDC. >w>
OK_Frostleaf.png

Reactions: Ghizghuth