RPGM Complete Magical Girl Celesphonia

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Lastly they have a ton of games on their to-do-list because they probably take almost every offer they get.
As a result everything they announce takes a long time to release.
Maybe calling dibs on everything they see while still having huge backlog isn't the best strategy.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah kagura games is the company that mainly translates RPGs and such I'd say.
But it kinda makes sense it'd take so long. Aside from translating they need to proofread, playtest etc. because they want to release everything in one go instead of releasing 10 fixpatches afterwards.
Lastly they have a ton of games on their to-do-list because they probably take almost every offer they get. Gotta make money somehow.
Sure, but their deadline management must be really crappy, since they apparently keep hanging carrots in front of DEVs, giving them dates, which those DEVs tend to reference on their Ci-En, only for Kagura not meet those dates, not even close.

Kagura doesn't put out any release dates to the public, but they do seem to give some dates to their collaborators, so they should at least abide by those if they don't wanna frustrate those DEVs.

Still, there ain't that many names in the business. So it makes sense that, as a DEV, you stick with the company you know and already have a relationship with. Like we see here with Celesphonia, Kagura did the guy's last game, so it makes sense they'd be doing the next game as well.

SquidLord69

Mar 28, 2020
Aside from the delays I gotta say that Kagura also does a good job. You get games translated that normally don't leave Japan, you get ... the patch, and all that on the highly trusted platform of Steam. And all that in a decent quality. You don't get that for many other games. Looking at you Evenicle 2.

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
people keep saying that the dev was pissed off at kagura with no source i'm not the biggest fan of them but the people saying that the dev was mad have never backed it up once on the other hand kagura has made statements about the rumors .

"Honestly, when some people kept saying that Shimobashira was annoyed with us, I had (and still have) no idea what the fuck they were talking about.I went through his Ci-en looking at comments, and his Twitter posts, and didn't really see anything indicating that."

im all for devs lighting a fire under kaguras ass but never seeing a single source for the claim has me doubting it.

Kuljackero

Apr 22, 2020
At least we've got confirmation it's been picked up by someone now. Hopefully this one won't take the 2 years that Ambrosia did.
Bet, Kagura is known to have abysmal punctuality in their deadlines. Case on point Knights of Messiah (Which is already spoken in this thread) Succubus x Saint (Been hyped last year but it died down to me now...)

And finally, DEMON QUEEN MELISSA (Literally their oldest project. Swear to god they fucking abandoned that already.)

I'm honestly quite sad that it got picked by Kagura, They just have no work ethics. Wish they have competition since they literally have a monopoly in Official English releases.

Here's to 2 years for this game then. Which will definitely kill the hype for me.

Hakufu19

Apr 4, 2019
I am also not a big Fan from Kagura Games. But you can say what you want, their Games are always good translated and uncensored. This is definitley better than the next crappy MTL Version - and escpacially by good Games is Mtl an absolute Turndown.