4.30 star(s) 16 Votes

klarutz

May 4, 2018
I'm stuck at a point where I'm at 11 morals with no more events available, and Nyuru is saying INVASION is rising by 6.8 per day even though the counter still shows 0 every day that passes. How do I progress?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
damn, thanks dude you really went out and beyond to improve the translation of the game. The skills were so hard to understand before and it's very clear now. Personal question, I wonder if some Jap devs have approached you to create an official translation (even though you use AI MTL, it's very advanced and can even rival/be better than manual translation) of their games? Your AI MTL is 1000% better than what some jap devs official MTL their games with. It might be that you're not willing to work with developers (you prefer to distribute your patches for free) or some personal ethics of some kind (you do say to support the devs if people like the games).

With your AI MTL and some banger jap h games they could even profit by releasing their game at the same time period they release their JP version (since you can AI MTL quickly compared to manual translation that can take a long time). Anyway, thanks again and a big fan of your AI MTL (the only MTL I can tolerate).
I like to distribute patches for free along with the game. Mainly because it's a lot easier than getting people to apply a patch which can sometimes be pretty confusing. I got into the scene via Piracy so I don't have issues with it and actually believe it does more good than harm overall for niche hobbies like this one.

Of course, Japanese devs are very against piracy for good reasons of course. It's hard for them to grasp how inaccessible H-games can be in the west legally. This leads to a lot of devs not liking me very much, so they don't generally want to work with me, understandable really.

So recently I've just been sending the patch versions of these games to the devs and telling them "Hey, here's an AI patch for your game, do whatever you want with it, hopefully it leads to more sales". They seem to be a lot more open to this method, so maybe down the line more will be willing to work with me.

My #1 goal really with all of these AI TLs is just to provide a playable version of H-Games to English audiences for free in a reasonable amount of time. Old MTL's bothered me a lot with grammar and wordwrap issues, so I looked towards AI to see if I could solve it with my meager programming skills. I like the quality AI TLs are at right now, so even if some costs come out of my own pocket, I'll likely continue doing this for a long time.

katmurmur

Jul 26, 2018
Yes I realized that we need a fix to this I guess it is just a missing file
Thanks for your efforts. Waiting patiently for this "NaN" fix. :)
Encountered this issue earlier today. If you try to rename any of the already existing digit files to 'digitNaN' it will stop the game from black screening with the error message but then the invasion counter will no longer be going up no matter what you do.
So delete that file 'digitNaN' specifically if you created it and still have it in your 'pictures' folder.

The way I managed to fix it is as follows:

First -- Open up the game's 'save' folder >> Go to saveeditor.online >> Drop the 'global' file into it >> Left side of the screen, click on '20' >> Click on 'variables' >> Look at list in the middle, then find variable '5' >> In the text box next to it, change the value to 100 >> Download it then overwrite your old 'global' file with this new one.

Second -- Drop your save slot with the issue as well into the same website (for me, it was 'file4') >> Left side of the screen, click on 'variables' again >> Click on '_data' >> Look at list in the middle, then find variable '5' >> In the text box next to it, change the value to 100 >> Download it then overwrite your old save file slot with this new one.

Next time you load up the save, invasion should be at 100 and when you end the day, it'll trigger the next invasion event, then the counter for it should then be properly reset. It might work if you save before the battle as you're talking to the cat, but the way I did it is that I just completed the invasion straight away, and only then I saved, on the day after the I completed the invasion event.

Everything went well for me after that and I completed the game without the error ever popping up again.

Looking into it. Guessing its a bug with the original game so seeing if the author put in a fix for it.

Edit:
Alright I figured out why the authors code was failing. Invasion value was returning a string and the dev was attempting to round it down with a Math function causing a NaN. Pushed a fix for it so just update to the latest.
... Just noticed as I was writing all this, the core issue seems to have been found and is getting patched.
Welp, I'll still just post the 'hack' I managed to do it through.
In case the patch doesn't work for some reason, try and see if the above mentioned stuff works for you instead.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Okay, I couldn't figure out why the invasion increase was a decimal. In order to fix it, anytime the value is "NaN" I'm resetting the 2 variables. This means instead of crashing its going to reset invasion to 0 and the increment per day to 10. This will only happen for people who are having this bug.

... Just noticed as I was writing all this, the core issue seems to have been found and is getting patched.
Welp, I'll still just post the 'hack' I managed to do it through.
In case the patch doesn't work for some reason, try and see if the above mentioned stuff works for you instead.
Yep, your fix is right, there is an issue with the increment variable 43 for some people. Hopefully this fix will solve the issue completely like it did for you.

People who still have their invasion counter stuck (not increasing every day) should follow the method outlined by katmurmur to reset their variables.

Last edited:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
TLDR for manual save fix if your invasion variables are broken:

1. Go here:
2. Drop in global.rmmzsave from your save folder.
3. Change Variables 5 and 43 to 0 and 10 respectively. (Variable 5 is your invasion value. Variable 43 is your Invasion increment value)
4. Download new save and replace your old one.

1722528796187.png

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes