3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
Have their been any updates about a potential release window?
Not yet. This game is actually undergoing substantial revisions at this point at the suggestion of its new publisher, Critical Bliss, so I don't quite know when to expect it to be done.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Interesting... I'm not keen to immediately believe something I see posted on a forum like this, but with this in mind, it shouldn't be too much trouble for this game's dev to verify it by talking with others who have worked with the publisher. What's your take on this, Belgerum?

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
Interesting... I'm not keen to immediately believe something I see posted on a forum like this, but with this in mind, it shouldn't be too much trouble for this game's dev to verify it by talking with others who have worked with the publisher. What's your take on this, Belgerum?
Indeed you can't be absolutely sure that is the truth and only time will tell but there is still the fact that they haven't finished the kickstarter game that got fully funded up to dlc content years ago and they haven't communicated much about it.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I have never had any issue with Critical Bliss. In fact, they gave me some support on the launch of Steamy Sextet that I am seriously grateful for. Mahou Mating will become a better end product because of the financial support they are providing, and I will assure everyone that the game is not a scam. I've released 4 games at this point, and this project is the biggest and most important to me yet. Trust me, I did not make the decision to ally with Critical Bliss lightly.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
A discussion thread on Steam that I have been urged to mention, where Critical Bliss responded to the accusations referenced above:

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
I have never had any issue with Critical Bliss. In fact, they gave me some support on the launch of Steamy Sextet that I am seriously grateful for. Mahou Mating will become a better end product because of the financial support they are providing, and I will assure everyone that the game is not a scam. I've released 4 games at this point, and this project is the biggest and most important to me yet. Trust me, I did not make the decision to ally with Critical Bliss lightly.
I think we have all here faith in you. You made great games, we have no reason to doubt about you.
Personnaly I don't know Critical Bliss, so I will believe you.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I will assure everyone that the game is not a scam. I've released 4 games at this point
Oh for sure, nobody thinks you're scamming people. The only point of concern was whether you were getting scammed. I've heard of indie devs getting taken advantage of by shitty indie publishers before, like . Of course, I've also seen plenty of people on this site baselessly accuse developers of being scammers because they can't wrap their heads around how an in-development game might not always be able to release a large amount of finished and playable content every month like clockwork...

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
They started a kickstarter about a visual novel they were making years ago and haven't finished the game yet and two months ago this post showed up in the game's thread
If you follow the steam discussion thread belgerum posted above, there's alot of other game dev testaments. I'm not saying to take them as facts but i'm really questioning the credibility of the person who wrote the initial post.

Supposedly the guy who posted that is effectively a leech who took money and ran away after lying about his work, meanwhile got mad someone else was hired to cover up his mistakes and likely would've screwed over at least 1 dev.

Last edited:

menia521452

Dec 14, 2018
You've done a good job of completing past games, so you're not discredited.
However, if there is one bad possibility, it is a terrible thing.....

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
It seems like a pretty interesting game and the writing is pretty good, however in the first scene Ruby gives one hell of an exposition on their relationship with Noire.

Oct 27, 2018
Yeah, was just wondering about news myself. Dev normally has monthly updates on Patreon, but it's been a while. He usually delivers, so I even pre-ordered this game to give him a boost ahead of time. Kind of disappointing, hope he resurfaces soon, as Belgerum has been one of my favorite devs in the scene.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yeah, was just wondering about news myself. Dev normally has monthly updates on Patreon, but it's been a while. He usually delivers, so I even pre-ordered this game to give him a boost ahead of time. Kind of disappointing, hope he resurfaces soon, as Belgerum has been one of my favorite devs in the scene.
What's interesting is that the dev has responded to this very thread three months more recently than their last Patreon post. So it's not that they dropped off the face of the planet so much as they just haven't been posting updates to Patreon.

Reactions: fuzzyskywalker
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes