4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
Dunno, all I do with photoshop is spot heal nipple pokethrough and black forehead squiggles. The rest is a mystery.
You need to learn how to morph your models. Personally, I simply use the bridge to zbrush, quickly make a modification and send back to daz with GoZ. You just need to make sure that you send the base mesh to zbrush and not the subdivided one.

Just hiding a nipple can be easy in Photoshop, but sometimes you want to make a larger modification to the geometry.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Dunno, all I do with photoshop is spot heal nipple pokethrough and black forehead squiggles. The rest is a mystery.
To get rid of those squiggles on the forehead adjust the "forehead depth" for the hair. I usually set it to 10-15% and they go away no matter the expression I put on the character. Nipple poke through is a bit different. You can check the "nipple" slider. Set it to zero when the character wears clothing. I use brestacular on most of my characters, so it doesn't always work.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
You need to learn how to morph your models. Personally, I simply use the bridge to zbrush, quickly make a modification and send back to daz with GoZ. You just need to make sure that you send the base mesh to zbrush and not the subdivided one.

Just hiding a nipple can be easy in Photoshop, but sometimes you want to make a larger modification to the geometry.
Sometimes I do miss a pokethrough somewhere and photoshop fixing is a whole lot faster than re-render. Mostly it's just a matter of reducing nipple size if it's under clothes, smoothing modifier, or push modifier. I've honestly never even installed zbrush. So much to learn potentially, but so little time to do it in.

To get rid of those squiggles on the forehead adjust the "forehead depth" for the hair. I usually set it to 10-15% and they go away no matter the expression I put on the character. Nipple poke through is a bit different. You can check the "nipple" slider. Set it to zero when the character wears clothing. I use brestacular on most of my characters, so it doesn't always work.
Not all hairs have depth adjusters, and sometimes changing poses causes squiggles that might not be obvious until later when you take a closer look and at that point, it's easier to just photoshop a fix over re-render. It's not often but I do use photoshop to touch up foreheads now and then.

I appreciate both you guys attempts to help me. I was trying to be funny and came across as more clueless than I am. I'm no Daz expert but I've used it practically daily for over two years now :)

Much love!

Reactions: JJ1960

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Sometimes I do miss a pokethrough somewhere and photoshop fixing is a whole lot faster than re-render. Mostly it's just a matter of reducing nipple size if it's under clothes, smoothing modifier, or push modifier. I've honestly never even installed zbrush. So much to learn potentially, but so little time to do it in.

Not all hairs have depth adjusters, and sometimes changing poses causes squiggles that might not be obvious until later when you take a closer look and at that point, it's easier to just photoshop a fix over re-render. It's not often but I do use photoshop to touch up foreheads now and then.

I appreciate both you guys attempts to help me. I was trying to be funny and came across as more clueless than I am. I'm no Daz expert but I've used it practically daily for over two years now :)

Much love!
You know what I find easier? Just hide body parts wherever you can. Hidden body part...no poke through. Far far quicker. As for hairs, they all a pain the ass, I can fix things in Photoshop far quicker than screwing around in Daz heh.

Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Nicke

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
You know what I find easier? Just hide body parts wherever you can. Hidden body part...no poke through. Far far quicker. As for hairs, they all a pain the ass, I can fix things in Photoshop far quicker than screwing around in Daz heh.

Keep up the great work.
I've come to the opposite conclusion. Hiding body parts is too limited, you often just can't because some part of that bodypart will be visible. There are a lot of cleavage, shorts, skirts, and so on in these kind of games. Push modifiers is my first goto if smoothing ain't enough. In the end though, the players aren't likely to give a damn about method, only end quality and speed matters :)

I seem to be pretty lonely with prefering dforce hair over other hairs. At least for anything beyond shoulder length. Dforce hairs vary a lot in quality and simulation speeds though. And of course, doing an animated loop is impossible unless you do some shady camera work.

Thanks!

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
It's time people!

NEW UPDATE!?!?

No, no. Even better, it's time for a Friday Progress Update!

It's public on and . Read it, or don't, entirely up to you! It has a completely safe for work picture of not-Beth too, which is probably not a big draw :)

Anyway, I wish you a snow-free weekend. Seriously. The only thing below freezing I need in my life is Ice Cream.

Rasturac

Apr 6, 2023
Is it just me or it looks like ICP aged ,
maybe it's the hair
seems like she got grays and didn't dye 'em properly. :unsure:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Is it just me or it looks like ICP aged ,
maybe it's the hair
seems like she got grays and didn't dye 'em properly. :unsure:
Nah if you travel back in time, you'll see the same hair earlier. That said, I'm not super fond of it. I wanted it because it's dforce but it doesn't simulate well anyhow. I liked the hair she had at the dinner with Ashley. It's too stylish to wear daily though. Maybe she'll visit a hairdresser soon. Crew cut princess!

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
Hold your horses!

It was Friday. And it IS Friday! And I just posted this week's Friday Progress Update.

Interesting (it's all relative) links: , .

Did you know there's milk in ice cream? I'm just saying.
:ROFLMAO:
you were late than usual, but i forgot that maybe the thanksgiving took a bit of your time. Not a thing on my country.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes