4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So I just played v0.2.3 and in short, it was a disappointment.

Now for the long version.
- Jessica, she seems like a dumb bitch and is ugly. Don't want to see her again.
- what's the point of having Chris in the game
- bi-curious stat for Hannah, it's already bad enough that Beth is after the girls
- MC behaves like a 12-year-old
- too many renders show the MCs face

• Angry
Reactions: ZagorTeNay

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
So I just played v0.2.3 and in short, it was a disappointment.

Now for the long version.
- Jessica, she seems like a dumb bitch and is ugly. Don't want to see her again.
- what's the point of having Chris in the game
- bi-curious stat for Hannah, it's already bad enough that Beth is after the girls
- MC behaves like a 12-year-old
- too many renders show the MCs face
All those comments are about 0.2.2 btw. I guess you might still have played 0.2.3 but all your disappointments were indeed about 0.2.2. Or maybe you gave up in 0.2.2 and didn't even make it to 0.2.3 due to how awful it all is :)

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Or maybe you gave up in 0.2.2 and didn't even make it to 0.2.3 due to how awful it all is
I didn't play the 0.2.2 release because the updates are so short but I made it to the end of 0.2.3 but no it didn't get better.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
A little Friday update!

I'm working on the next update and have put myself in a pickle. What would logically be the next update (0.2.4) is sort of very 'story' heavy and doesn't feature any of the girls. For that reason I'll be doing 0.2.5 at the same time and release them together as the next update.

So where's the pickle? Well, together they require four new locations and a bunch of side characters. In short, time. I've been faster than I expected with the last two updates though so I am very, well kind of, at least somewhat confident I'll have it done before the end of the month.

Have a nice weekend!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Okay, I'm gonna come out and say it. Those updates are way too short. It's not worth downloading for each of them.

The game is alright so far, even though Beth and some other ladies do look a bit strange at times (can't really pinpoint it, something about the faces I guess), but I think I will wait until 4-5 updates have accumulated before I play it again.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Okay, I'm gonna come out and say it. Those updates are way too short. It's not worth downloading for each of them.
Don't be afraid to come out and say it! It's been brought up a couple of times already and I do not disagree. I responded to it before but I guess it's polite to do so again.

The reason for monthly updates is to a degree for myself as creator. It helps with my motivation and working morale to have "short" term goals to work towards (a monthly update, in this case). The result of monthly updates and doing the game in my free time is, well, shortish updates. I will stubbornly keep that up for the time being.

I think it's fine to only play the game after X updates and wait for more content. It's what I would do myself if this was someone else's game and I was at least moderately interested in playing it. I take it as a compliment if people are interested enough to play it, no matter how they prefer to play it.

The game is alright so far, even though Beth and some other ladies do look a bit strange at times (can't really pinpoint it, something about the faces I guess), but I think I will wait until 4-5 updates have accumulated before I play it again.
Uncanny valley maybe? :) Probably a combination of shape and expressions. I should probably have someone observant look at my stuff before I publish it. You easily become blind to flaws in your own work.

Welcome back after the summer!

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
The new update is here. Be nice :whistle:
It's not a terrible story, the short updates aren't an issue for me, but you are 8 releases out and still no lewd scenes. IDK what your intentions are but most slow burn stories have at least had a handy or bj in as many updates sometimes more. I am not trying to be harsh, but your pacing needs to pick up a lot to keep the audience interested at this point I am guessing you have lost quite a few viewers. It's your story make it how you like, but remember at the end of the day this is an adult themed story. Regardless of what path a player is on there should be some kind of satisfaction at this point in the story.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
At 22, you've just finished your University studies and you're moving back to a hometown that you haven't visited for four years.
At home awaits your father and his new wife whom you've never met.
This is one of the oldest tales there is; it is a tale about revenge.
Revenge for what?

That overview gives off serious "nice guy" vibes.

Reactions: JJsaint and MrBenny

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
The new update is here. Be nice :whistle:
Are the tags up-to-date? The game looks like something I'd be interested in, but I want to wait until there's a decent amount of content and, based on the tags, there doesn't appear to be much.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
It's not a terrible story, the short updates aren't an issue for me, but you are 8 releases out and still no lewd scenes. IDK what your intentions are but most slow burn stories have at least had a handy or bj in as many updates sometimes more. I am not trying to be harsh, but your pacing needs to pick up a lot to keep the audience interested at this point I am guessing you have lost quite a few viewers. It's your story make it how you like, but remember at the end of the day this is an adult themed story. Regardless of what path a player is on there should be some kind of satisfaction at this point in the story.
As always, I appreciate honest opinions. I might not agree and I might not follow advice, but I appreciate the opinion.

The first upload was on Jan 31, so we're not even four months in. Can we pretend I update every 4 months and this was the second update? :)

Revenge for what?

That overview gives off serious "nice guy" vibes.
The MC is indeed a nice guy! Until it's time to not be. I'm deftly dodging story questions, that will be told within the game *ducks*.

Are the tags up-to-date? The game looks like something I'd be interested in, but I want to wait until there's a decent amount of content and, based on the tags, there doesn't appear to be much.
They are up to date. There's not a lot of sexual content yet. It's mostly background and story, introducing characters and such things.

Reactions: JackMiejov

ratonbox

Aug 25, 2017
I love the dialogue so far and the story, it's damn funny. When Beth fell down in the kitchen I lost it.
As for the short updates, this is my first time playing the game so I haven't seen the cadence yet, but I'd rather have short and often updates and a game where you have to wonder if it's abandoned or not.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The MC is indeed a nice guy! Until it's time to not be. I'm deftly dodging story questions, that will be told within the game *ducks*.
Not quite the kind of nice guy I was referring to.

Overview made it sound like he was getting revenge on his dads wife who he had never met which is the kind of thing "nice guys" would do in all their women hating ways.

"Nice guys" are those Fedora wearing types that think women owe them pussy for being friends with them and being polite to a woman should at least get them a blowjob. When they don't get their way they get all angry.

Nice guys and "nice guys" are 2 entirely different thing.

One is genuinely nice and people love them, the other says "m'lady" unironically and refers to women as "females". Nobody likes those, not even other "nice guys".

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Revenge for what?
The MC is indeed a nice guy! Until it's time to not be. I'm deftly dodging story questions
Overview made it sound like he was getting revenge on his dads wife who he had never met which is the kind of thing "nice guys" would do in all their women hating ways.
Revenge target is definitely not dad's new wife in this game. We are inclined to think that as, you are correct, that IS the typical Adult VN "revenge" story (e.g. Reunion, Revenga etc.)

For this game, if I were to hazard a guess right now, I'd say it's revenge for MC's mother who I suspect did not die by natural causes.

Story spoilers below:

1. The MC is oddly curious about current criminal activity in his hometown. The dad initially points him to garage break-ins (but they are small fry whom MC almost contemptuously lets run away once he ascertains that they are not the people he is after.) Matt points him to the "devil's balls" gang, whom I presume we are going to be "investigating" next. Both also heavily imply that there are crooked cops in the city. As we also know one of the potential LIs is going to be a trainee cop, there's a good chance that a "corrupt police" angle is going to be coming into the story at some stage.

2. While he dismisses anyone who comments on his physique with a "college had a good gym," that's not the real story. We know that he has also been training Mixed Martial Arts (home gym scene) and firearms (garage scene). He has been preparing himself for this - and this isn't the preparation one does if the target is just an ex, a gold digger stepmom, a past bully and the like.

3. The drive by hit-and-run that happened in the past is written in such a way that may lead us to think the MC was the one hit, but it doesn't specifically say so. What if he wasn't (or not the only one?) The timeline fits with when his mother died, and MC categorically inner-monologued that to him it was no accident.

... ...

PS. High chance dad also dies before the game is done. If the Glock 17 is a "Chekov's gun", the blood pressure medication is a bigger one, but that's another topic.

PSS. Good game Dev, really enjoyed it so far.

Reactions: equinoxx and Tumai

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I'm guessing Dalton will tell him when that is?
One of my guilty pleasure movies. Don't tell anyone or they'll mock me :(

"Nice guys" are those Fedora wearing types that think women owe them pussy for being friends with them and being polite to a woman should at least get them a blowjob. When they don't get their way they get all angry.
Then I withdraw my previous statement. He's not that kind of nice guy. I hope.

Revenge target is definitely not dad's new wife in this game. We are inclined to think that as, you are correct, that IS the typical Adult VN "revenge" story (e.g. Reunion, Revenga etc.)

For this game, if I were to hazard a guess right now, I'd say it's revenge for MC's mother who I suspect did not die by natural causes.

Story spoilers below:
I think I love you. Thanks for speculating and paying attention (not confirming anything of course)!

Last edited:

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Nice to see that the story is moving along, although I still can't figure out where it's going, something to do with small gangs and big gangs? MC is tough but fair, that's nice and something not seen too often, most stories go a bit too much into violence. Should have given at least one of them a small "memento" though. Still no maid content.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
WHAT !! i thaught it was a nice story about a guy, his family and a maid but no. All we get this time is another shitty story about crime gangs and such crap.
Sorry but i'm not interested into that shit, it's a shame the MC seemed to be a good and smart guy with some humor but if we start meeting assholes in bars and in backstreet so the MC gets involves into crime crap ... no i'm out !:mad:

Reactions: WastedTalent

Peterson9803

Aug 21, 2017
Personally... I'm kind of interested how this story continues. At first, I thought it was just a silly fap thing, but the underlying current of drama and tragedy? Yeah, that's what keeps me here.

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes