• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Small friday update!

The work on the next update, codename: Bob's an asshole, is ongoing.

I've written about a third of the script. Done about 20 renders and fixed/dressed/etc all the characters that will appear, 3 existing ones, and 3 new. It will also have a "new" location (rebuilt interior at the front door, since I changed the house and area outside.)

Playable day 3 will have three updates.

Release date before the end of June.

shrillbill

Jan 15, 2022
It's pretty solid so far, but your pacing is a bit off. Less with the world building, more with the maid degrading! I mean it's in the title and all...

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
It's pretty solid so far, but your pacing is a bit off. Less with the world building, more with the maid degrading! I mean it's in the title and all...
I know. (n)

I don't regret the world building at all. For me it's a necessary component to make the xxx content worth something. But ... When I thought "meet her friday, she moves in monday" I didn't think that through properly. It's quite some time in-between. In the long run though, it'll just be a blip on the timeline!

Disclaimer: I'm not saying sex scenes with a character -have- to come after a long get-to-know-you period. Sometimes it can fit a story with sex early too.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Man you guys are killing me with the naming thing.

I have hopes, dreams, aye even visions for using the name. Visions I tell ye! What about the uncle who always calls you Jackie boy, or the jokes that are possibly only funny in my head. There's some song related ideas and possibly other nickname usage.

Ah well maybe I'll make a little poll when I release the next version and some people see the thread. Something like:

A. I want to use another name. I don't care about some references/jokes losing their meaning.
B. I want to use another name. I don't think you should have any references/jokes related to the name if they won't make sense with a new name.
C. Wow I had no idea you've got visions and dreams, by all means, let it stay Jack.

;)
Haven't played the game yet. I was going through the thread though and saw this and wanted to make a comment.

First, I'm not sure if you've decided the name thing, because I haven't played yet, but I had an idea. Why not let the player set a first name (or middle name) and have the MC's middle name (or first name) be Jack? Some characters would call the MC by the player input name and maybe one or two others call him Jack. The MC could find it endearing, "Ol' so-and-so always calling me Jack," or he could hate it, "Why does that son-of-a-bitch still call me Jack!" You could get the best of both worlds. The player gets to have that immersive experience of naming the MC and you get your story threads and tie-ins to the name you had set.

This kind of thing happened to my nephew when he was younger. He and another kid on his baseball team had the same first name and so he was made to go by his middle name that he didn't actually like (it wasn't bad he just didn't care for it, he liked his first name more) because the coach was the other kid's dad. Those of us in the family still called him by his first name but others got used to calling him by the middle name. Once he got older, depending on who was calling him by the middle name he would sometimes ask them to stop (some did, some didn't) but a few people he didn't mind as much. In a VN I'm writing right now the player gets to set the MC's first name but not the last name. Since he is a military man a lot of people call the MC by his last name or nicknames, but his family and some select people call him by his first name when they use his name at all.

Second, not related to the quoted post, you made a comment earlier about anal being considered vanilla and normal. I don't. I know I'm in the minority, but I always prefer it to be optional with a vaginal sex scene choice available instead. If it isn't then that is not something I'd drop a game for, but I just speed through those scenes and feel like they were a waste of time as I got nothing out of them. Not a big deal, just wanted to give my two cents.

Third, I wanted to say I have put your game on my list of games to play, it seems interesting form what I read in the thread.

Fourth, I have a pretty strong aversion to some types of content. So, I've stopped asking about NTR and if it is avoidable, and now I ask this:

"After a potential Love Interest is introduced, is there a moment in this game (on screen or off) were that female character has sexual contact with a character who is not the MC (male or female)? If on screen, is it forced (happens and we must watch), skippable (forced to happen, not forced to watch), or avoidable? Avoidable meaning, it does not happen at all if I, the player, don't want it to? As in, it doesn't happen without *player* consent? If off screen, is it mentioned and confirmed, or could I head canon it as not happening because it is never confirmed?"

I know this is a bit wordier than the typical "Hey, this got three-letter content?" But my questions really cut to the quick of the issue and removes the BS that sometimes comes with these conversations. If you are uncomfortable answering this in the thread, then a PM is more than welcome. Just to be clear, a simple "yes or no," answers don't necessarily keep me from playing a game in-and-of themselves. I do care about context as a player, but I like to know what I'm walking into. I don't like starting a game expecting a harem only to see other guys banging women (love interests especially) left and right any more than I'd like starting a fantasy RPG and then getting hit with random NASCAR driving simulation content all the time. If I know about it ahead of time and know the context, that may be a different story.

Sorry for rambling a bit, it's kind of what I'm known for... I actually had to stop myself from going off on a rant when I brought up the anal thing, this could have been like, three paragraphs longer if I had not shown restraint, :sneaky:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Haven't played the game yet. I was going through the thread though and saw this and wanted to make a comment.
I'll hack'n'slash some to shorten the post a bit. This might have been the longest post anyone ever made about a game they had not played yet :)

First, I'm not sure if you've decided the name thing, because I haven't played yet, but I had an idea.

In a VN I'm writing right now the player gets to set the MC's first name but not the last name. Since he is a military man a lot of people call the MC by his last name or nicknames, but his family and some select people call him by his first name when they use his name at all.
The naming thing is long done. You can pick a new first and last name at the start of the game. I'm not revisiting that any time soon (I'd need a strong story reason to and that's not in the works). I had some ideas early on but they weren't very important or happening anytime soon so it felt ok to drop them to let people pick the name if they wanted.

Second, not related to the quoted post, you made a comment earlier about anal being considered vanilla and normal. I don't.
The general idea is that sex is optional. There will be at least a couple of sex scenes necessary for the story though. However, due to the time it takes to create renders in Daz (I'm talking about setting up the scene/posing/lights, not the rendering itself), if sex scenes/scenes with some characters are skipped, some updates might be -very- short.

Fourth, I have a pretty strong aversion to some types of content. So, I've stopped asking about NTR and if it is avoidable, and now I ask this:

"After a potential Love Interest is introduced, is there a moment in this game (on screen or off) were that female character has sexual contact with a character who is not the MC (male or female)? If on screen, is it forced (happens and we must watch), skippable (forced to happen, not forced to watch), or avoidable? Avoidable meaning, it does not happen at all if I, the player, don't want it to? As in, it doesn't happen without *player* consent? If off screen, is it mentioned and confirmed, or could I head canon it as not happening because it is never confirmed?"
There will be no male on female sex happening outside of your control. There might be with your consent (is sharing caring??). I've been around long enough to know to avoid anything NTR related unless that's the kind of game you're doing.

The topic of female on female is interesting to me though. There will definitely be lesbian scenes in the game. The scope at least in part depending on your choices. I can't promise I won't offend someone who's very touchy about NTR and expands this to include other girls too.

If there's a sex scene with you and two girls, and the two girls also kiss each other, is that likely to offend someone? If so, yes I'll definitely step on toes.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
...snip...
Thank you very much for your response.

As far as the lesbian thing, for me, as long as both are love interests if the MC isn't there or the MC is there if one of them is not, then I don't really care. Lesbian scenes are hit or miss for me most times anyway, so I don't pay them much mind unless they are very well done or have two characters I really like together. Now, group sex with the MC and two of his girls where he gets in on it, that I like...

I am a bit of a long-winded blowhard. If I enjoy your game once I get to it in a few days, you'll likely see me around after I play it and probably get tired of me, :ROFLMAO:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Another Friday update!

The two scenes that are most important (to me anyway) are written and more than halfway rendered. Remains two more after that.

Have I mentioned I'm a really, really slow writer? If someone knows a half-way competent writer who's at least better than me, funnier than me, and more productive than me, tell 'em to pm me. Oh, and who also likes to write for free!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Another Friday update!

The two scenes that are most important (to me anyway) are written and more than halfway rendered. Remains two more after that.

Have I mentioned I'm a really, really slow writer? If someone knows a half-way competent writer who's at least better than me, funnier than me, and more productive than me, tell 'em to pm me. Oh, and who also likes to write for free!

Got around to the game the other day, I really enjoyed it. The scene in the garage was very funny. I like the set up so far. Looking forward to the next update.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I sent 0.3.1 to Noneya666, so the game will hopefully be updated some time later today. Throw any feedback you want to share my way, either in this thread or in a PM. If you're the type that prefers longer updates, the complete day 3 will be available in August (there will be an update in July too).

Have a nice day!

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I sent 0.3.1 to Noneya666, so the game will hopefully be updated some time later today. Throw any feedback you want to share my way, either in this thread or in a PM. If you're the type that prefers longer updates, the complete day 3 will be available in August (there will be an update in July too).

Have a nice day!
All the feedback i can give you is overwelmingly positive. The story in particular isn't boring but have some fun elements as well (jokes). What i specialy like is the fact that i know what i'm chosing and what consequences my choice will make. Curently my fav female character is Hannah, that neighbour girl. If i missed the name apologies. This is only my stance.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Nicke, first thing out López' mouth is that the MC is the one that called in the burglary, but then for the rest of the scene she is aware that he didn't. Might want to finesse that line a bit.

Edit: Actually on re-reading that, she says it was Charles who called it in (I thought I saw a comma that wasn't there). But shouldn't it be Beth?

are some tags missing? because the description talks about revenge and stuff .......
It's still very early in the story, so not a lot in it yet. The game seems to be going for a slow burn with both plot and relationships.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Nicke, first thing out López' mouth is that the MC is the one that called in the burglary, but then for the rest of the scene she is aware that he didn't. Might want to finesse that line a bit.

Blast Hard-Cheese!? :rolleyes:

No, she means Charles, the dad, is the one who called. So you're the son of Charles, the guy who called us. Maybe it's poorly written and that's not entirely clear.

Edit: Did you edit after I replied? I didn't see your edit until after I replied. Now I'm doing an edit too, two can play this game!!

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Blast Hard-Cheese!? :rolleyes:

No, she means Charles, the dad, is the one who called. So you're the son of Charles, the guy who called us. Maybe it's poorly written and that's not entirely clear.
It's clear enough, I just misread it at first sight. And I was confused why Beth wasn't the one who called it in, given that that was what the MC sent her to do during the night.

Edit: I edited my previous as you were replying to it, causing my edit not to be reflected in the response and your ensuing edit in reprisal to my edit. Oh well, now it's on! Endless recursive edits, bitches. It's an editoroboros.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
It's clear enough, I just misread it at first sight. And I was confused why Beth wasn't the one who called it in, given that that was what the MC sent her to do during the night.
Actually, he just sent her to get the phone, not to call anyone on it. Maybe what he actually wanted to do was to get rid of her so he could get rid of the thief, without involving the police. Risky method since she could have just called, but maybe it was all he could come up with on a moment's notice. Was his phone really dead? Am I honest right now? ;)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Actually, he just sent her to get the phone, not to call anyone on it. Maybe what he actually wanted to do was to get rid of her so he could get rid of the thief, without involving the police. Risky method since she could have just called, but maybe it was all he could come up with on a moment's notice. Was his phone really dead? Am I honest right now? ;)
Yeah, it was clear that sending her to get the phone was just a pretext, but I wasn't sure if she'd actually called the cops or not.

EroPulse

Formerly 'ApexAlex'
Apr 18, 2020
I like the game, but if there is a way to slightly tone down the MC's lip color. It looks like he's wearing lipstick/lip gloss all the time, even mascara, that would probably be only only complaint. It just looks... off to me.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I like the game, but if there is a way to slightly tone down the MC's lip color. It looks like he's wearing lipstick/lip gloss all the time, even mascara, that would probably be only only complaint. It just looks... off to me.
Yea, you're hitting the nail on the head. It's annoying me too. It's a result of the model simply having too much color on his lips and me using a fair amount of saturation.

I've photoshopped it down in some of the worst images before and last week (after rendering the images for this update so not showing here) I messed around with the surface of the lips, trying to make them have less color. It should be better from now on. Let me know in the next update if it's not. :rolleyes:

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes